Dubai TourismDubai HotelsDubai Bed and BreakfastDubai PackagesFlights to DubaiDubai RestaurantsDubai AttractionsDubai ShoppingDubai Travel ForumDubai PicturesDubai MapDubai GuideHotels
All Dubai HotelsDubai Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel TypeAttractionsRestaurantsFlightsShoppingTravel StoriesCruisesCar HireMore
Dubai MotelsDubai HostelsDubai CampsitesDubai Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsDubai Green HotelsBusiness Hotels DubaiLuxury Hotels in DubaiDubai ResortsSpa Resorts in DubaiRomantic Hotels in DubaiDubai Beach HotelsFamily Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Melia Hotels in DubaiWyndham Hotels in DubaiInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in DubaiCentral Hotels in DubaiRove Hotels in DubaiAloft Hotels in DubaiBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in DubaiRixos Hotels in DubaiAvani Hotels & Resorts in DubaiMGallery Hotels Collection in DubaiOYO Hotels in DubaiPreferred Hotels & Resorts in DubaiCourtyard Hotels in DubaiIbis Styles Hotels in DubaiGolden Tulip Hotels in DubaiPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Jumeirah HotelsUmm Hurair 2 HotelsAl Quoz Industrial Area 4 HotelsAl Barsha South HotelsAl Quoz 1 HotelsDubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) HotelsAl Fahidi HotelsUmm Ramool HotelsPopular Dubai Categories
All Inclusive Resorts in DubaiDubai All Inclusive Spa HotelsDubai All Inclusive Beach HotelsDubai Hot Tub Suite HotelsDubai Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsDubai Cheap Beach HotelsDubai Beach Suite HotelsDubai Luxury LodgesDubai 5 Star ResortsDubai All Inclusive Family ResortsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Burj KhalifaHotels near The Dubai FountainHotels near Dubai MetroHotels near Atlantis Aquaventure WaterparkHotels near Dubai Aquarium & Underwater ZooHotels near Burj Al ArabHotels near Ski DubaiHotels near Dubai CreekHotels near Wild Wadi WaterparkHotels near Dubai Miracle GardenNear Train Stations
Hotels near Abu HailHotels near Al NahdaHotels near Dubai Airport Free ZoneHotels near Abu Bakr SeddiqHotels near SalahuddinHotels near Baniyas SquareHotels near Stadium (Dubai)Hotels near Al QiyadahHotels near Al RasHotels near Palm DeiraNear Airports
Hotels near Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC)Hotels near Dubai Airport (DXB)Hotels near Sharjah Airport (SHJ)Near Colleges
Hotels near American University in DubaiHotels near Jumeira UniversityHotels near Skyline University College, SharjahHotels near University of SharjahHotels near Dubai Pharmacy CollegeHotels near Dubai Medical CollegeHotels near American University in the EmiratesHotels near Al Ghurair UniversityHotels near Gulf Medical University
Dubai Tourism: Best of Dubai
Dubai — the World’s Best Destination
From luxury hospitality and cutting-edge architecture to world-class shopping, culture and nature, discover what makes Dubai the best of the best
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Dubai.See all
A mix of the charming, lavish, and modern.See all
Quintessential Dubai restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Traditional Trek Around Dubai
Dubai certainly dazzles with its uber-modern design showcased in sights like the Burj Al Arab, and with its over-the-top attractions like the Dubai Mall and Palm Jumeirah. But it wasn't the glitzy nightclubs and crowd-pleasing brunches that won me over, it was the traditional architecture, Emirati culture, and delicious pistachio dates. So if you're looking for a more traditional slice of life, here are some of my favorite places you should visit in Dubai.
Lara Grant, New York City, NY
- Dubai Gold Souk3,523Located in the Deira district, the Dubai Gold Souk is a traditional market with over 350 stores, most of which sell jewelry. Gold, diamonds, and precious stones are all available here, but do your research on the best stores if you're looking to buy!
- Deira Old Souk Abra Station301Abras are traditional wooden boats that act as water taxis on Dubai Creek, ferrying travelers between the Deira Old Souk and Bur Dubai Abra Stations. As a bonus, the creek is a busy hub, with lots to do and see nearby.
- Cafe Bateel171Bateel is renowned for their gourmet dates packaged in hand-painted wooden boxes, and the cafe expands that upscale approach to all-day dining. Scrumptious bateel date pudding and traditional Arabic coffee are highlights.
- Siraj409Dubai is well-known for its fine-dining cuisine and outposts of global restaurants, but for a truly authentic Emirati meal, head to Siraj. Go with friends and share the camel steak, chicken biryani, and green mango salad. Pro tip: snag a table outside for a gorgeous Burj Khalifa fountain show view.
- Ripe Market89Skip the fancy restaurants and indoor malls and spend an afternoon strolling the Ripe Market, an outdoor farmers' market showcasing local businesses. I was a big fan of the organic veggies and fruits, cute handicrafts, and chic jewelry.
- Jumeirah Mosque2,168Firstly, built in traditional Fatimid style, the Jumeirah Mosque is beautiful. And, it's one of the few mosques open to non-Muslims. It's a unique experience to observe the prayer and learn more about the customs.
- XVA Art Hotel833XVA Art Hotel offers a more traditional, simple alternative to the towering, flashy hotels. It’s located in the heart of the Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, the oldest community in Dubai, and it occupies the former home of the Seddiqi family – high-end watch retailers. There are just 14 rooms on-site, all individually decorated and with locally inspired furnishings. A cozy café and gallery showcasing Arab artwork add to its charm.
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding1,223Although roughly 80 percent of Dubai's population is foreigners, travelers can still get a peek inside Emirati culture by visiting this center. It's in the historic Al Fahidi neighborhood and I love that visitors can take part in activities such as walking tours, authentic dinners, and conversations with local Emiratis.
Trending in the forums
Dig Into Dubai
Stories, tips, and guides