Explore Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains TourismBlue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Bed and BreakfastBlue Mountains PackagesFlights to Blue MountainsBlue Mountains AttractionsBlue Mountains Travel ForumBlue Mountains PicturesBlue Mountains MapBlue Mountains GuideHotels
All Blue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Hotel DealsBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar Hire
Blue Mountains MotelsBlue Mountains CampgroundsBlue Mountains HostelsFamily Hotels in Blue MountainsSpa Resorts in Blue MountainsBusiness Hotels Blue MountainsRomantic Hotels in Blue MountainsLuxury Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains ResortsBlue Mountains Green HotelsBy Hotel Class
Blue Mountains Hotels with ParkingBlue Mountains Hotels with a PoolPet Friendly Hotels in Blue MountainsPopular Blue Mountains Categories
Blue Mountains Golf ResortsHotels with Shuttle in Blue MountainsQuiet Resorts in Blue MountainsQuiet Hotels in Blue MountainsBoutique Resorts in Blue MountainsThemed Hotels in Blue MountainsCouples Hotels in Blue MountainsCouples Resorts in Blue MountainsBoutique Spa Hotels in Blue MountainsLuxury Spa Hotels in Blue MountainsNear Airports
Blue Mountains Tourism: Best of Blue Mountains
About Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains are named for the delicate azure haze that lingers along the region, which is actually a fine cloud of oil emitted by eucalyptus trees. The mystical mountains are a labyrinth of plateaus, gorges and gum trees. Check out the Katoomba Scenic Railway (the steepest railway in the world), the Jenolan Caves and the Giant Staircase nature walk.
Start planning for Blue Mountains
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Essential Blue Mountains
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
From the Forums
A Blue Mountains Trip for First-Timers
Are you new to the bushwalking trails, waterfalls, and eucalyptus trees of Blue Mountains? Here's a quick guide on the must-see attractions that make this area so magical.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Govetts Leap606 ReviewsAnother sweeping lookout point. This one gives you a bird's-eye view of the valley and Bridal Veil Falls.
- Everglades Historic House and Gardens373 ReviewsNot everything in Blue Mountains is wild, rambling countryside. This gorgeous property gives a genteel, manicured version of nature. Stroll the themed gardens and finish your visit with a trip to the property's tea house. Pinkies up!
- Jenolan CavesReady for an underground adventure? Jenolan Caves, a honeycomb of limestone caverns, shows another side to the area's natural beauty.
- Echo Point Lookout1,644 ReviewsA scenic overview with the very best views of Katoomba. You'll also get a closeup of the "Three Sisters" rock formation here, perfect for a photo op.
- Grand Canyon track104 ReviewsA bucket-list walking trail, the Grand Canyon track passes waterfalls, creeks, and majestic sandstone walls. It's one of the most popular walks in the area and a great intro to everything Blue Mountains has to offer.
- Scenic World Blue Mountains4,718 ReviewsKick off your adventure with this high-adrenaline spot. Chug down the steepest railway, walk over a suspended glass-floored walkway, and gaze out over clifftop views.
- Blue Mountains Chocolate Company229 ReviewsRefuel with a hot chocolate—or grab a few sweet treats as souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
Dig Into Blue Mountains