All reviewsfizzy fridayafternoon teasconesscallopsthe main hotelbirthday partysuperb foodsouth lakescourse mealthe cottagescooked to perfectioncooked breakfastclarencebarrowconservatoryfurnessmolton
Reviewed 19 December 2015

We are huge Clarence House fans & have a family Christmas lunch here every year, upon arrival we were as always "wowed" with the Christmas decorations, the welcome we received from the staff was great and we could not fault the service throughout our meal. The food however whilst served promptly was not great, the Broth was lukewarm & tasteless, the prawn cocktails were swimming with water from the lettuce, those who ordered the turkey said this was delicious but was spoilt by cranberry sauce being added to the dish rather than being served separately & the sprouts we couldn't eat as they were uncooked, we simply couldn't cut through them, parsnips were served but not enough for 1 each, we did not want to complain to the staff as our Grandparents were gifting the meal & didn't want to appear ill mannered
to them. Whilst other members of our party said they wouldn't want to book again in the New Year I feel that from previous visits we may have just fallen upon a bad day, a wedding was being held which may have added pressure to the kitchen staff. Service great but food left us feeling that this dinner was not good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank TOBSTERCumbria
Clarencehsehotel, General Manager at Clarence House Country Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Good evening

It is great to hear that once again we managed to "wow" you with our festive decorations which we take tremendous pride in each year.
The staff in the Restaurant work tirelessly throughout December to deliver great customer service and it is lovely to have this appreciated.
I am sorry that you were left disappointed with the meal served and hope you will return to the hotel in the future, so we can show you that Clarence House remains committed to delivering outstanding food with great customer service.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

I would just like to say that I have had an amazing stay at this beautifully decorated hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. The food is outstanding and the service is second to none. The staff go out of their way to make you feel more than welcome, I entered a stranger and left a friend! The food is to be commended and I will definitely stay and dine there again in the new year. Merry Christmas to you all and thank you again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends

Good Evening

Thank you for reviewing the hotel after your visit.

The beautifully decorated bedrooms are very well well received by our guests and I am very pleased you also enjoyed them.
Our talented brigade of chefs take tremendous pride in their Menus and your comments will be forwarded to all the staff.
Have a wonderful Christmas from all at Clarence House.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Great food, lovely surroundings and fantastic front of house staff. We will be back. Thinking of doing a fizzy Friday or maybe new years (next year). The whole place looks stunning all decked out for Xmas and we could've stayed in the conservatory all night. Thanks guys!!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David T

Good evening

Thankyou for you review of Clarence House our services and the staff.

The Fizzy Friday are hugely popular and you must come and pay us a visit as it is great way to spend the afternoon.

We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I was taken by my family as a treat as I had not been very well. I have not been before and was very impressed
from the moment I arrived, the decorations on the door and all the way through were magical and made me feel very relaxed. We were not rushed in any way to our table and had time for a few drinks and then shown by a very nice man to our table, our starter,main and desert were all fantastic and then we were taken for coffee in the lounge. This was just what I needed and now I am looking forward to Christmas. Thanks to my family and the wonderful staff at Clarene for a special treat I won't forget.

Stayed: December 2015

Good afternoon

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel.

It is always great to hear such positive feedback form guests who enjoy the festive decorations in the hotel.
I am very pleased you enjoyed our Christmas Menu and the dedicated staff who work tremendously throughout the Christmas period.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel.
Kind Regard

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I thought I would go back as I love this hotel and people were putting fantastic reviews
on and very bad reviews on the same visits which I thought very strange it was time for my own visit!. I can honestly say the meal was first class and the service and attention
I received was as good as ever if anything the food was a step above my previous visits I thanked David the manager for a very good day and he told me they had a new head chef and it showed I will be back again and thanks again (keep up the hard work and don't believe all you read.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Clarencehsehotel, General Manager at Clarence House Country Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Good evening

Thank you for your very kind and honest review.

Clarence House have had a tremendous Christmas with a couple of upsets out of our control. However due to the dedication of our very hard working committed team we have achieved fabulous feedback from our very loyal guest who all know that we do very best to deliver the food and service on which we are noted.

We look forward to your return visit.

kind regards