All reviews boat cruise the river enjoyed our stay rooms are spacious beautiful hotel parking area one night stay marina port upgrading renovation receptionist basket conference
Reviewed 28 September 2016

this is the best place have been ever.i feel so relived.am from pretoria and i thought pretoria is cool not until i got to your hotel.hmmmm its awesome.opening my door seeing water flowing with a lovely wind.beautiful site.nice building arround.its just so nice

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Booked in on a friday evening. Bed was uncomfortable. There was no hot water and I reported it at 05.45 on Saturday morning. Thr reception was extremely unhelpful and asked me to wait till the maintenance staff arrived.
My calls to follow up were unanswered. I went to reception and asked to be given another room even if just to shower. He had to check with his supervisor and only told me that I could shower in another room, 30 min later.
By then I was late for my engagement.
I also reported that the tv remote was not functional.
Later that afternoon, the hot water was restored but the remote was not repaired. The remote was finally repaired at 5.00 that afternoon after 4 complaints.
The standard of service is apalling.
In future, I will not stay here even if they paid me to.
Poor 3rd world service has no place in such a nice area.

Room Tip: Stay away for your own good.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2016

The balcony rail outside our room was rotten to say the least and the room was not very clean or looked after.
The service was very average.
To be offered pork and cold fish as a buffet defies understanding. Many people don't eat pork for whatever reason and it struck me as a very cheap option to feed people. The breakfast wasn't a whole lot better.
We will look elsewhere next trip.

Room Tip: If you have to..
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Lovely breakfasts, amazing staff and setting is most relaxing. The Spa is complete value for money with ladies who do a very good job of taking the stress away. The restaurant at the bar has the most amazing meals. Although dated, the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We would recommend hiring a canoe and rowing in the marina. What a lovely experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Unprofessional staff at reception. Rooms unhygienic, not sure if cleaning staff dont work weekends. Checked out early. Will be complaining to trip advisor as well as River Hotels Group. This hotel is not up to standard.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HalyardsGM, General Manager at Halyards Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Natashah173
thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.

It is with great concern that I notice that your stay with us were unsatisfactory. Please can I contact you to establish the problems and how we can rectify it. My contact number is 046 6043362.
our housekeeping staff work 7 days a week and all rooms are checked prior to occupancy, if this was not done I would like to rectify the situation immediately.

please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you've received, I can promise you that this is not the way our guests should feel when they leave our Hotel.

kind regards