All reviews putt putt for sunday lunch kids entertainment great family definitely worth a visit relaxing weekend beautiful setting comfortable rooms wonderful place lagoon conference river fishing facilities deck accommodation establishment
Reviewed 11 June 2018

This hotel has a great location. However, for business meetings it doesn't provide internet and therefore a long stay is not recommended. I stayed for a week and was unable to do any work which required internet connections. In this day and age, this is a minimum especially when catering to business groups.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Frespirt
colinwd, Owner at Mpekweni Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Good day Frespirt

Thank you for your comments which is factually incorrect. We offer a capped download per person per day thereafter there is an option to pay for additional data. It is a pity that you did not approach one of my team to assist you in this regard.

Regards

Colin

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Did not have transport for my allocated room 10 km away . The wonderful reception staff made a way for me where I had to shift rooms , their support was amazing, lost my ID there too but the staff there kept me cool until I got it back. They made me feel that at that resort , the customer is really "KING". Keep it up guys and girls, this is the South Africa we really deserve. PZN Ndamase (4-6 April 2018)

Room Tip: Splendid view on the south facing rooms. Play rooms and junior pools and good lawns make it exquisite.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PHATHILIZWE N
colinwd, Owner at Mpekweni Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear PHATHILIZWE N
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mpekweni with all of us on TripAdvisor. I am elated that my management and staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the foreseeable future. Thank you for your patronage.

Kind Regards
Colin

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Setting, Food, Staff and general service at Mpekweni Beach Resort is all of an extremely high standard! Friendly Staff are always on hand when needed and one never gets the feeling they are imposing on your personal space.

One criticism (I would like to note that the hotel and its staff cannot be held responsible for this however i would encourage prospective guests to inquire as to what conferences will be taking place during their stay) There seemed to be a few conferences/team buildings taking place during our two night stay. Government employees attending some sort of team building weekend were the pick of the bunch. Loud and Boisterous members of this group destroyed any peace and quiet around the pool area and any other area they found themselves in. They appeared to be drinking there own liquor that they had smuggled onto the premises and on one occasion whilst trying to read my book, one of the loud women had gone for a swim with a co-worker who was at best a novice swimmer. She then slipped into the deep end and started drowning. After rescuing her i did not receive any thank you whatsoever.

These conferences are obviously what keep the hotel in such good condition compared to hotels along the wild coast so i do understand their value but for a family or couple looking for a relaxing weekend away, this is not the place to be when large conferences are taking place.

Room Tip: Book The ocean view rooms. Spectacular views and are away from the noise
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicholasA874
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Incredible setting on an untouched beach and at a river mouth. Loads of activities for adults and kids. The kids club they run over the busy December period is amazing...my toddler would beg to go there. The food was great with lovely live entertainment every evening. The staff all round were super helpful and friendly. Our room had everything we needed and was in good condition. We did day trips to Port Alfred and Bathurst, which weren't far away when we felt like getting out of the resort. We would love to go back one day!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is my second time at Mpekweni, its appeal is that it has a ocean, river, lagoon and great pools plus all facilities you can think of. Massive breakfast and lunch buffet and lovely lunch poolside menu makes you keep on smiling.

Few things that can be improved: Please add a line to dry swimming clothes in the bathroom. Also, even though I asked, they did not separate (place all pork dishes together, or have a small pork/bacon indicator). This would have also been ideal for the many Jewish clientelle and Muslims as well.The PRO programme this year seem to fizzle out in the last few days. Also, the Memo club was not consistently manned during operational hours

Otherwise, amazing place !!

Room Tip: Choose top floor when choosing luxury family rooms
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family