“Fantastic night hike”

Nasua Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We saw a great variety of wildlife including a two-toed sloth, several snakes, tarantulas, birds, insects, scorpions, and an agouti. Oscar is highly knowledgeable and gave us a lot of interesting information about each animal's behavior, diet, life span, etc. He also has a high powered scope and helped us take great photos with our smart phones. This hike was one of our favorite highlights from our trip to Costa Rica!

All reviews
"share his knowledge"
"booked a private tour"
"guide service"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had such a wonderful tour with Oscar. We saw loads of animals and he had answers for all my questions! He had a professional telescope (which other guides didn’t) and also his own comfortable transport which meant he could pick you up from your accommodation. Would 100% recommend. Good luck in the future Oscar!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked with nausa for a night walk (25$pp+7$ for park entry). Oscar got sick but arranged good colleague Michael Leyton to replace him as they are working together. The tour was simply amazing we saw many animals (viper, tarentulas, toucans 2 kinds, sleeping colibri, sloth, tattoo, scorpions, very tiny frogs). The guide was awesome and really had laser eyes to spot wildlife, very friendly, helping us to take pictures through his lenses... Fully recommend and sorry Michael for not finding your company on TripAdvisor but I am sure Oscar would have done just as well :)
Thanks so much

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Oskar is a skilled and enthusiatic guide and all-around delightful human being. My partner and I were visiting CR for the first time, and had the pleasure of both a day and night tour with Oskar. He's a fount of information on pretty much all the wildlife of the Monteverde area and beyond; he clearly loves what he's doing, and takes great pride in his work; and his enthusiasm is contagious. I admit, I've never been hugely interested in birds, but after an hour with Oskar, I was like, YES, ALL THE BIRDS, I WANT TO HEAR AND SEE THEM ALL.

He takes incredible photos through his scope (including two here, one from the day tour of a splendid male quetzal and one from the night of an adorable sleeping hummingbird.) He's very respectful of the animals, encouraging a quiet approach and always maintaining enough distance to keep them comfortable. His eyes and ears are as sharp as they come. I can't even count how many animals we saw during our tours, but they included a sloth munching leaves high above the ground, tarantulas, scorpions under UV light, mated pairs of quetzals, hummingbirds, a side-striped viper poised to strike, and many many more. We didn't want our tours to end, but we have a multitude of beautiful photographs and memories that'll last a lifetime. You really can't go wrong booking with Oskar. We've had a few other guides since him, and I can confidently say that he's simply the best.

Bonus: he's multilingual and loves to share the names of animal species in just about every language he can - which, for someone like me who's both an animal AND language nerd, is just about the best thing ever.