Review Highlights
Birding with a Professional Bird Guide

Oscar is an excellent extremely talented birder and birding guide. My husband and I hired him for... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Kimbir63
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
via mobile
Birding Tour, Monteverde

Fantastic morning birding with Oscar. Initially we stopped outside the National Park to train our... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
CatherineHK1
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Monteverde
from US$25.00
from US$45.00
from US$41.00
from US$31.00
More Info
All reviews night tour curi cancha his passion flora and fauna costa rica cloud forest his job the reserve amazing photos his knowledge spotting scope human being booked a private tour lovely person pit viper night walk local birds
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Had such a wonderful tour with Oscar. We saw loads of animals and he had answers for all my questions! He had a professional telescope (which other guides didn’t) and also his own comfortable transport which meant he could pick you up from your accommodation. Would 100% recommend. Good luck in the future Oscar!

Date of experience: April 2018
oscar c, Propietario at Nasua Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thanks lot for your review Fulya; Cheers,Pura Vida

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We booked with nausa for a night walk (25$pp+7$ for park entry). Oscar got sick but arranged good colleague Michael Leyton to replace him as they are working together. The tour was simply amazing we saw many animals (viper, tarentulas, toucans 2 kinds, sleeping colibri, sloth, tattoo, scorpions, very tiny frogs). The guide was awesome and really had laser eyes to spot wildlife, very friendly, helping us to take pictures through his lenses... Fully recommend and sorry Michael for not finding your company on TripAdvisor but I am sure Oscar would have done just as well :)
Thanks so much

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Oskar is a skilled and enthusiatic guide and all-around delightful human being. My partner and I were visiting CR for the first time, and had the pleasure of both a day and night tour with Oskar. He's a fount of information on pretty much all the wildlife of the Monteverde area and beyond; he clearly loves what he's doing, and takes great pride in his work; and his enthusiasm is contagious. I admit, I've never been hugely interested in birds, but after an hour with Oskar, I was like, YES, ALL THE BIRDS, I WANT TO HEAR AND SEE THEM ALL.

He takes incredible photos through his scope (including two here, one from the day tour of a splendid male quetzal and one from the night of an adorable sleeping hummingbird.) He's very respectful of the animals, encouraging a quiet approach and always maintaining enough distance to keep them comfortable. His eyes and ears are as sharp as they come. I can't even count how many animals we saw during our tours, but they included a sloth munching leaves high above the ground, tarantulas, scorpions under UV light, mated pairs of quetzals, hummingbirds, a side-striped viper poised to strike, and many many more. We didn't want our tours to end, but we have a multitude of beautiful photographs and memories that'll last a lifetime. You really can't go wrong booking with Oskar. We've had a few other guides since him, and I can confidently say that he's simply the best.

Bonus: he's multilingual and loves to share the names of animal species in just about every language he can - which, for someone like me who's both an animal AND language nerd, is just about the best thing ever.

Date of experience: April 2018

Wow, thanks for such a nice/great review. I love my Job and I do my best..
Im very happy you liked the tour.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We recently took a night tour arranged through Oscar. Our guide was Donald Loria and we could not have asked for better. Donald was very informative and and knew a great deal about all the animals we saw. He was very pleasant and wen out of his way to make sure we saw as much as we possibly could during our night tour.

Oscar was great about communicating and responed to my emails immediately!

Date of experience: April 2018

Thanks a lot for trusting Nasua Tours, we are very happy you liked the tour.
Thanks for your review

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful night tour experience! The praise for Oscar is well deserved. We did a night tour with Oscar in April 2018. He is extremely knowledgeable, funny, and enthusiastic about his job. A pleasure to learn from. We saw tarantulas, a pit viper, scorpions, and a sloth among other animals. All this for a fair price. Thanks Oscar!

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you, Thanks for taking your time and posting a review for Nasua Tours.