Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach Sydney(Bondi)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Bondi 38 Serviced Apartments(Bondi)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
QT Bondi(Bondi)
  • Pool
Agoda.com
All reviewscommunal kitchenfrangipani suitebondi beachshared bathroomhome away from homecoastal walkfrench doorsgorgeous roomhighly recommend this b bcafes shopsfriends travelingshower curtainperfect locationquiet streetplunger coffeebig roomcommon areas
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for around a week over new year. Lovely bright rooms, very friendly welcome and great location for the busy Bondi Beach area. Sue and Fenda were very helpful with any problems and the informal breakfast was a nice way to start each day.

Bondi is a great place for the beach and surf but lots of lovely cafes and restaurants. Make sure you try Macelerria for the best steak in town!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
bondibeachhouse, Manager at Bondi Beach House Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you very much for your review! We really enjoyed having you stay with us.
We would love to see you again! Take care and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I found it to be very charming with a laid-back feel that suits Bondi Beach well. The staff was friendly when I asked questions or need something. They're typically there from around 9-4 each day. BBH is located about 1 block from Campbell Parade, the main drag down Bondi Beach. This puts it conveniently close, yet far enough to escape most of the noise. Access to the Sydney Centrsal Business District takes about 30 minutes from a bus stop a block away and costs ~ $8 AUD round trip with an Opal card. There are lots of restaurants and cafes around, plus a Woolworth's (grocery store) for lunch /dinner. Breakfast was simple fare - I had cereal, fruit, and toast each moorning - but it was enough for me. There were eggs available for those who felt a bit more ambitious about cooking. Hanging around the breakfast table on a lazy morning (I had a couple) was also a good way to meet your housemates and discover where they were visiting from. The porches make for a nice place to sit outside and appreciate some of the local trees and birds. There was a cat outside (Buckley) who came by to visit me a couple of times while hanging out there.

As for rooms, I stayed in #9 (Wattle) for two nights and then moved to #8 (Ibis) for three nights because neither was available for my entire stay. I was away on a tour, and the staff moved my bags between rooms for me with no fuss. The Wattle room is one of their smallest, with a twin bed and maybe 2 feet of space to the side. There is a bit more space at the end with a small chest and a wardrobe, but one has to stay organized because there's not much space to spread out. The Ibis was a full bed with about 2' on each side, so I was able to be a bit more lax about spreading out. Both rooms had a fan - a Dyson airblade in the Wattle and a ceiling fan in Ibis - which was appreciated as it could be a bit warm in the evenings. I kept the windows open day and night, and despite there being no screens, never got any flying insects inside.

For the shared bathroom (for rooms 6, 8, and 9), there were a few times I had to wait on others, but it was never too bad. The most likely problem times were around dinner and breakfast when people were taking showers. No shower curtain on the tub as others have noted. This was a bit off-putting at first, but the bath is fully tiled. As long as you take care not to put anything you don't want getting wet under the tub while showering you won't hurt anything. It is a clawfoot tub, so make sure you're up to getting in/out of one before you book one of these rooms.

Note that the house had WiFi. They included the code in the welcome envelope that was waiting when I arrived.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
bondibeachhouse, Manager at Bondi Beach House Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you so much Brandon for taking the time to write this extensive review, it is great to hear you had a nice stay with us and we really appreciate your kind comments. We have taken into consideration the shower curtain possibility also, as other guests have mentioned this.
We would love to see you here again soon,
Regards
Andrea

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I would definitely say this was one of my best stays in Bondi. Such great value for a gorgeous room filled with character and love. We stayed in the Frangipani Room which opened out to the communal courtyard which we took advantage of! Staff were extremely accommodating and they gave a beautiful finishing touch of leaving a birthday card and fruit platter in the room for our arrival.

Room Tip: Loved the Frangipani room on the ground floor as it opened out to the communal courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy T
bondibeachhouse, Manager at Bondi Beach House Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Bondi Beach House. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. The Frangipani Room is a favourite of our returning guests! Thank you for mentioning the staff. We do try to make sure everyone feels at home!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I just returned from 4 nights at Bondi Beach House and had the loveliest trip! I ended up choosing Bondi Beach House to avoid the solitude of my own AirBnb and the recklessness of a hostel.

Highlights:
- 1 block from Bondi Beach, with easy access to as many restaurants, bars and yoga studios you could ever need. Also near the beginning of the Bondi -> Cogee coastal walk.
- Beautiful outdoor patios in the front and back of the house, good natural light.
- Neighborhood is quiet at night and feels safe.
- Included breakfast a nice perk, as well as personal storage in the communal fridge.
- No issues with the wifi, plenty of beach towels to use and DVDs to watch if you want.

Considerations:
- This house isn't very accessible for someone with limited mobility due to the stairs at the front of the house and up to the kitchen.
- The rooms are cozy (I was in the Wattle Room single) which suited my needs but may feel limiting if you have a lot of luggage or want a big room.
- Ditto to what everyone said about the water from the shared shower getting all over the floor. Didn't really bother me, but felt weird leaving the place all wet after each shower.
- Shared bathroom was also not too much of an issue except when the door would accidentally close and I'd be waiting for 30 mins not wanting to bother someone (when in reality it was unoccupied). I don't believe all of the rooms that shared the upstairs bathroom were occupied curing my stay, so it may feel busier at other times.
- If you're a light sleeper you should bring some good earplugs. The wooden floors cause sounds to carry and if your room is on the 2nd floor off the kitchen you can hear everyone get up to eat in the morning.

All in all I had a wonderful time and would stay at BBH again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
bondibeachhouse, Manager at Bondi Beach House Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thanks Casey for reviewing the beach house and your feedback! Glad you had a wonderful time staying with us, we hope to see you again soon! The Bondi Beach House team

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I felt welcome from the first connection with the lovely manager
My room was very comfortable generous with good quality teas etc. fluffy towels (not just 1) and breakfast provided everything I could ask for.
I would go back without a doubt over and over again I hope

Room Tip: front rooms open onto private balcony
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
bondibeachhouse, Manager at Bondi Beach House Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you Wendevi for your lovely review! We hope to see you again very soon! The Bondi Beach House team