“Nice Relaxing Environment”

Cuisines: Australian, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice relaxed environment. Good food and veg friendly with a decent variety. Will definitely go back sometime soon

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We always like going to the Cornish, love their vegan menu options and drinks specials. The only way to improve was if their backyard was dog friendly...

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Good ol’ pub food. No surprise there. Parma and the ribs are well portioned for one person. I really like the nachos. The menu was limited but has all the necessary for a pub and with vegan options Service was prompt and friendly and the ambiance is quirky. There’s also a beer garden at the back. The only downside is that the toilets needs a bit of work. Overall a 7/10.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

It's been a while since we've been to Cornish Arms, and ironically I took a friend who had never been there after giving glowing reviews of their AMAZING pizzas, only to find all the pizzas had been removed from the menus! Whilst staff where friendly, they did refuse to swap chunky fries for shoestring fries for my 11 year old on the autism spectrum (he will only eat the skinny ones) which left us forced to buy EXTRA fries on the side even though he was brought fries on his plate that they knew would not be eaten. Potatoes are potatoes, are they not? It seems like a very minor thing to do for customer satisfaction, I have never actually been to any restaurant that refused to do a substitution! Sometimes there is a surcharge, which is fair enough. But this was one shape of fries for another! And the burgers we order were WAY overcooked. As in , they were black and crunchy on the outside. Sadly, I don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon and it used to be one of my favourite places!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I came here last week for dinner, with my partner and 2 friends. Our friends had booked a table for one of their birthdays, and as she’s vegan, and this place has half of the menu as vegan it was ideal.
From the outside its nothing much, but inside it’s a great atmosphere, bug bar area, lots of seating spread out, not crowded into a small space, the beer garden looked good as well.

One of the first things that I saw and really made me like the place before I had even ordered any food was the toilets. I went to the toilet, and loved the fact that in the women’s there was your standard hand wash , but they also had a complimentary bowl of tampons , deodorant spray and dry shampoo for your use – I have never been anywhere with that on offer for free! What a great touch.
Once I had sat down, as I was the first to arrive straight from work, I was waiting for about 20 minutes, and twice I had someone come over and ask if I was ok, if I needed a drink, not n a pushy away , but very friendly. I asked a few questions about some food I had seen coming out to another table, and the waiter was more than happy to answer anything I asked, and knew the answers straight away.

The food was served in a good time , and we all enjoyed all of our meals, couldn’t really fault anything about it. My partners ribs came in an amazing sauce, that I kept dipping my chips in! I would definitely come back here, and have already told people at work what a good place this is.