“Awful service!!! Avoid!!!”

El Sapo Ristopizza Cocktail Bar
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Description: Our restaurant, located opposite the entrance of one of the most famous beaches in Costa Rica,PLAYA LANGOSTA, offers seafood appetizers and italian cheeses,along with side dishes prepared by our great Italian chefs. Pizza for us is an art!!! Enjoy our fantastic menù, you can literally take a trip around the world trying our classic flavors mixed with unique fusions. All this complimented by italian wine and fresh cocktails !!!!
Reviewed 28 February 2021

We dropped there having a reservation (my wife, our two little daughters, and me). The restaurant was almost empty at our arrival, so we asked the waiter to be seated near an open window (an obvious choice during this pandemic)... what a mess; he started patronizing my wife and me, just arguing and avoiding attention to our simple request instead of offering us a basic solution.

The cherry over the cake was the owner (dressed as the big bully chef of the place), who came asking what was happening and rudely offered us to leave if that made us happy. So we did!!! And will never come back!!!

Save your hard-earned money for much better options in the area that do care for their customers.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (459)

Reviewed 27 February 2021

There’s a crazy woman giving bad reviews and she’s a hustler. We were sitting right next to her for her bad “pasta experience “ and she was just trying to scam a free dinner. She complained without merit until some guy offered to pay her bill to shut her up. This place has amazing food and service!

1  Thank jefflcousins
Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

Wow!! So disappointed after reading so many good reviews. I arrived at 7. It wasn’t super busy. There were three tables inside that were open, but after flagging down the bartender, he wanted to sit me in a dark corner outside. He said the waiter would be there soon. I waited five minutes and then moved myself to a larger table in the light. Finally, the waiter noticed me and asked if I needed to order. I said yes. I asked for a pasta and asked if he would add vegetables. He said no, the pasta comes as is. I asked if if was pre-made. He said no. So, you have vegetables for pizza, right? He said yes and then said he would check with the chef if he could add them. After my food was delivered, he asked if I wanted fresh parm. I said yes, he never brought it to me and never checks to see if my food was good or if I needed another glass of wine. If the restaurant was busy, I would have understood, but half the tables were empty. By the way, I live in CR. It’s not like I expect US timeliness in a restaurant. This was just bad service.

Reviewed 10 December 2020

We have been to Costa Rica multiple times and always stay in Langosta just up the road from El Sapo. We always kept missing it and it was closed when we would attempt to dine. This year we made it a point to go during their business hours and try the food. We were not disppointed! Peppe (like many have mentioned) is just an all around awesome person and will make sure you enjoy yourself. Oh yeah, food, the pizza is delicious and amazing! I know most reviews are about the pizza specifically but after we told some local friends that we finally got to eat there, they recommendedthat we try the burgers!! Soooooo we went back there again. May sound different, burgers at a pizza place? But don't knock it til you try it. I'm pretty sure it was the best burger I had in Tamarindo!!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 30 November 2020

Peppe was super nice to us and he gave us the best recommendation for our dinner, he was super kind and friendly, the food was great 100/100 excellent place

Date of visit: November 2020