“Great Greek cuisine”

Koutouki
Ranked #26 of 132 Restaurants in Leichhardt
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered the octopus soup special. Octopus is easy to get wrong but Koutouki got it just right, perfectly tender with great flavours too. My companions ordered the souvlaki and vegetarian moussaka which were also great.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Fantastic food and a lovely venue. We went on a Friday night as a group of 4. We had a variety of the share plates and two mains between us. Fantastic food. The saganaki cheese, eggplant dip and the Greek salad were lovely. The mousaka main was the best I’ve ever had - the general consensus of the group. The lamb has good- but not amazing. Waitress and hostess managed to consistently deliver things to the wrong tables around us throughout the night - adding to the entertainment.
The problem - and possibly the reason I wouldn’t go back or recommend - was that the music was so loud through the speakers that we had to shout across the table to be heard. Shout. We ate quickly and went to another venue so we could have our conversation. The music itself was actually good - authentic and interesting- but the volume was ear bleedingly loud. If it hadn’t been through the speakers and just acoustic it would have really added to the atmosphere.
Overall- great food - but would not go back unless I could have an outside table or one away from the speakers.

Date of visit: March 2020
GeorgetteG43, Owner at Koutouki, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Hi it would be great to have you back, but please note Friday and Saturday nights are the live music nights and people generally want to sing and dance.
There is another room out back where it is quieter and you can have a conversation. Me lol the hostess admit I was in a bit of a daze from a hectic day which led into an insanely busy night for which I am grateful. Please ask for a table out back next time and we will make sure you Can have a conversation. Ask and you shall receive, shout out to my staff who did manage their best with two less comrades on a Saturday night.
Thank you for your review and will look at the points you made . Lol btw I was amazed how nobody saw your jumper had fallen on the floor until I glared at our young trainee from the stage.

Reviewed 8 October 2019

We arrived here on a Friday night after a long week at work and decided to try the banquet with the marvelous Tetramythos Black of Kalavryta.

The musicians were simply blissful to listen to. From the bouzouki player to the divine voice of Georgette and her talented guiterist hubby. We had the best time and the best service. Its like being part of a family with all the food and music and great hospitality.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank nomadicyogini
Reviewed 22 September 2019

Absolutely amazing, food was delicious and the live music was excellent and a great mood setter! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone to experience Greek culture and amazing Greek food and live music only Saturday nights. I got up and danced to the music with my father and made everyone join us! It was good fun and I am definitely going back there again!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 25 August 2019

We stumbled upon this restaurant after the movies. We were warmly welcomed despite not having a booking and was given a table out the back. Having recently been to Greece, we have decided to continue our quest to eat more simply and reduce our meat consumption as we did throughout our holiday. Slightly disappointed with the produce. The Greek salad was tomato dominant and tasteless with one piece of cucumber. Other dishes ok but unfortunately not tasty. We were excited to see on the menu a dessert we had tried on our travels and it was so delicious. Unfortunately, what was delivered to the table was inedible and rubbery. It had been clearly zapped in the microwave. Although we didn’t mind the music, I can imagine for those with hearing difficulties, it would be impossible to hear others converse. Would come back for the atmosphere and warm service but not for the food. Fix beer was great.

Date of visit: August 2019