Hotels.com
Earn rewards on eligible stays
Expedia
Earn rewards for every stay
nichola s
Manchester, United Kingdom

Beautiful hotel hard working staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Oct 2023
We arrived late at night, the super helpful security guard on duty helped us to our room and fixed a sticking lock on the patio doors. We were delighted that the hotel had kindly accommodated us to a pre requested room. It was lovely and clean, very spacious with a huge patio. We were a little surprised not to have the advertised mini bar, no cups or glasses to make hot drinks, this wasn’t an issue however as we just used some from breakfast. Breakfast was lovely lots of choice. The staff work super hard, are attentive however not overtly friendly, I put this down to a cultural difference and that’s fine - we are in their country after all - Petrovac is truly stunning and very charming and quaint - we would stay at Monte Casa again and thank you to all the hard working staff!
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Last week in September was a lovely time to visit still warm but a little quieter
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
0.6 km from Monte Casa Spa & Wellness
0.6 km from Monte Casa Spa & Wellness
terrace
View more hotels in Petrovac
All reviews indoor pool good quality food few steps kind staff thoroughly enjoyed our stay small resort small harbour sea view room hotel is located very pleasant stay mini bar salad sea front promenade sunbeds budva moments
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2023

We booked two twins.. 4 best friends.. what we got was a twin and a double.. we went to reception to ask for a twin not double as we asked for to be told by a very rude receptionist that they were fully booked and it was not possible but they would add a single bed to our room.. we accepted this even though it was not what we booked.. our room was basic to say the least.. the kitchen area had a kettle but no cups, cutlery or plates.. our balcony was the roof!!! There was mess and rubbish piled up next to our alledged roof balcony.. dead insects and mess outside.. The bar closed at 10pm.. the pool was tiny and dirty.. the good point was that its a short walk down the stairs to the prom.. but beware the gates are locked at 10pm and then you walk round.. but nobody tells u this when u arrive.. would visit Montenegro again but not this hotel.. the receptionist is not welcoming or nice!! Very rude!!

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2023

Really enjoyed our stay at the Monte Casa. Great location - near the beach and restaurants, but still set back.
Spa facilities very good, including massage and indoor pool.
Pool was a good size, but a little cold. Sufficient number of sun beds, but had to be relatively quick to get best spot. The sun goes behind the hotel in the afternoon.
Family room was well equipped and comfortable. Huge bed. Great views of the bay if you get a sea-view room.
Breakfast was huge and varied. Loved the range of options you could have.
Staff were attentive and helpful.
We ate 2-3 times at the Ambassador restaurant - the a la carte restaurant for the hotel - great location right on the sea front, one of of the best in Petrovac, good food (lots of fish) and really friendly staff.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Louise C
Reviewed 12 July 2023

The hotel is nice, location is beautiful right by the beach. A special thanks to the chef that catered to our dietary needs.
The beds weren't so comfortable.staff is very friendly.
Will definitely come back.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank gil_sh007
Reviewed 28 June 2023

The food was tragic.
The head of the administration is uncommunicative and tactless.
The places is very good.
The rooms are neat, but they need to be renovated.
There are few sunbeds by the pool.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2023 via mobile

Check in isn't until 3pm. We arrived at 3:30pm and had to wait for 10 minutes (with a very tired toddler) for anybody to arrive at the check in desk.

I had emailed the hotel 3 times the day before to try and arrange airport transportation via the hotel email address and the hotel Instagram page, but nobody replied to me. So we paid €70 for a taxi from the airport.

After our first night, we woke up the next morning to ants crawling all over my 2 year old daughter, and the bedside table was also crawling with them. I went and told the lady at reception, who was totally un-phased- no apology or anything! Very rude service! On our last day we woke up to find our daughter's diaper bag absolutely infested with ants! We were on the 4th floor so they really have an ant problem!

We were only given 2 cards for pool, and only 2 bath towels in the room (there were 3 of us.) When I went to ask reception the woman was very rude, snide and unapologetic about THEIR mistake! Again, no apology given.

One of the days the lady who worked in the spa came out to the outside pool area and started telling everybody- in a very rude manner- who was using their own beach towels for around the pool, that they could not. This was probably a good 70% of the people around the pool.
Apparently the "rule" is that you must pay the €5 (not a deposit, you must actually pay this) and then use the hotel's own brand of towel if you wish to use a towel around the pool area. I have never heard of this in my life! Over half the people around the pool were using their own towels and were very unhappy about this rule. It was also €50 charge if you lose one of the hotel towels. I've never heard of a hotel towel costing €50...

On our 5th day I went to exchange 2 of our pool towels and I was told I could only exchange them after 7 days of use- which seems a bit unhygienic to me... and also, if a hotel is not going to allow you to use your OWN towels then they should at least be prepared to give you fresh towels as and when you needed them.
After I explained we had already had our towels for 5 days and 1 of them actually had bird poo on it, the woman reluctantly gave me 2 fresh ones.

Pool is great, but it is in the shade from 3pm onwards. There is a outside jacuzzi but no bubbles.

At 3pm on our last day, I was sat around the pool and my husband took our little girl for a walk, and so I popped quickly to the toilet... we had left all our towels and things laid out on our sunbeds, as he was going to return and I was still sat around the pool. When I came out from the toilet, I had been gone roughly 2 minutes- the lady from the spa had collected some of the sunbeds in, since it was only us and another man on his own sat out, but she also put my umbrella down. When I came back from the toilet I asked her to put the umbrella back up, she replied "yes you can." I told her I didn't know how to, and by the way, these umbrellas are huge and heavy! I asked her to help me, since I didn't know how- and First she told me to go and move to another sunbed, I said no because all my stuff is here and I'm not going to move it all! Then she said "go and ask a man to help you." I replied- "who? There's nobody here?!". She then went to ask the 80 year old man sunbathing (the only other person at the pool) to help me put the umbrella up, because she didn't know how either, the umbrella that SHE had put down, when she could clearly see all out stuff was still there!!! She was not apologetic at all and super rude!!! Did not even try to help me put the umbrella back up!

Breakfast was average at best, but not bad. Cheese is not kept cold so it was warm. Hot breakfast is not a great selection and not very tasty either. Fruit and small selection of cakes, salads and cereals are okay.

Location is brilliant. Very close to all bars, restaurants and the beach.

Indoor pool is a really great size.

The gym is very good too! Spa also has saunas and offers massages etc. I didn't use the sauna or have a massage, since the staff were so rude I didn't fancy one.
We were on the 4th floor and the view was gorgeous from our balcony. I think I read that lower down you don't have a view.
There are lots of excursions to do but the hotel do not help you organise any of these so you have to go onto the street and look for excursion agencies.

Hotel did however help us organise a hire car for the day and they have SIM cards at the front desk. There is one lady at the reception desk with short dark hair who is well mannered and polite- as somebody in customer service should be!

Lake Skadar is a good day trip, we took our 2 year old and it was fine for her. Lots of old people too- pick up was at 9:50 and we were dropped off again at 15:00. It cost €40 per adult, which was a bit expensive since it only included snacks but no proper lunch.

We hired a car and went to Kotor and Budva for the day, which was a nice day!

Overall, I would say this hotel is okay, but the lots of the staff are SO incredibly rude that I would not advise anybody to ever stay here. They should also get rid of the carpets in the rooms as this would help the ant problem they have.

Date of stay: June 2023