Lowest prices for your stay
US$25
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
US$25
View deal
Free cancellation until 08/10/21
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Graharu is peaceful and simple, and very near the temple of Borobudur. The food menu might be limited but it is fresh and delicious.

The staff were attentive and did everything they could to help us enjoy our stay, including arranging the sunrise visit to the temple.

However, when we left I had inadvertently left my passport in the room, only discovering my error when we arrive in Yogyakarta an hour a way.

The general manager refused to pop it in a taxi and for security's sake drove it to me in person, and then refused to take any money.

They really saved my bacon as I was due to leave the country at 7am the next day. I can't thank them enough.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Q1053JRalexh
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

At 2 km from the city center but the hotel propose very cheap (20 krp) ride to the town, and provide rental bike to visit borobudur temple.

The room are big, and very calm. The garden is beautiful. The wall of the room are a little bit peeling but it is more than ok.

Regarding restaurant, not a lot of choice but very good Indonesian cooking.

I approve this hotel ;)

Date of stay: August 2016
2  Thank 102damienc
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Very nice garden but rooms are old, dirty, and it's easy to find some insect inside. Chickens in the garden are always screaming and they don't allow us to rest. People in the reception is very helpful and kind but breakfast is really disappointing: it's good if you like fried rice in the morning but I I've been in difficult to find something sweet to eat. Just toasted bread and some ugly coffee. It could be better!

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 15 June 2016

stayed for 3 nights during Waisak. Hotel is located slightly out of town but you can hire bicycles at the hotel for $1/day to get around the town & local surroundings. Grounds for the hotel are quite lovely. Yes, the rooms are basic & could do with a bit more maintenance. Due to the location, we ate at the hotel in the evenings, bikes weren't fitted with lights & very little street lighting around. Food quality is totally dependant on who is cooking, if it was Dami- great (2 nights), if not -not so great (1 night). Staff are friendly & helpful.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank yeemai y
Reviewed 9 June 2016

This place was a lovely, comfortable haven from which to have a relaxed visit to the Borobudur and Mendut temples. I was glad I came here.

The hotel is on small, quiet, nice grounds with peaceful gardens. The fish ponds look a little unhealthy/bare, but other than that, it's very nicely kept and pleasant. And it's at the edge of a little village on the outskirts of Borobudur, where the people are lovely and it's quite peaceful. The hotel has chickens and roosters walking around and you can hear the mosque, but it's not too loud.

The room is really comfortable and nice, if not fancy. Mine was spacious and with high ceilings, and a spotless polished floor. Sure, the walls were bare, and peeling in places, the room was clean, the AC worked really well, and the place was virtually bug-free apart from a few stray carpenter ants. :) Nice bedside table lamps, plenty of hot water, ample and comfortable furnishings... a really good place to stay. :) (The only downside in the bathroom was that the shower head didn't have a stand or hook, so you had to hold it while showering.) The wifi in the room was pretty slow (about 1Mbps) but reliably functional for email and stuff.

The staff were friendly but the food was not this hotel's strong suit. Breakfast options were very limited, and the second night I wasn't able to eat dinner because the restaurant staff had gone home by 7:30pm. (They were also a bit late to open for breakfast in the morning.) But they were helpful in arranging pickup and dropoff service for me, using a local travel company.

Overall, this place was a great value and a very nice experience. I wanted to come to Borobudur for a sort of mini-retreat, to take some time to slow down and reflect along with the visit to the temples, which is why I booked 2 nights here apart from my stay in Jogja. I'm so glad I did -- it was exactly what I was looking for. (And I was super lucky to be the only one to buy the sunset ticket for Borobudur while here so I had the temple to myself!!!!) :) :)

Maybe not ideal for, say, a honeymoon or a long stay, but perfect for a peaceful little visit.

Date of stay: June 2016