Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

from US$45.00
from US$49.32
from US$61.25
7,551 results
All reviews sunrise tour largest buddhist manohara hotel an umbrella top level take your time early in the morning world heritage central java temple site tourists exit indonesia carvings structure century
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2020

Borobudur temple is the world’s biggest Buddhist monument, an ancient site widely considered to be one of the world’s seven wonders. Been here for about more than 20 times and I am very proud of it.

Date of experience: September 2020
2  Thank muriyatnt
salesstaff, Sales Staff at Borobudur Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Wonderful!

Reviewed 23 November 2020 via mobile

I am proud to have borobudur temple as an one of the wonders of the world, clean and high maintain by government. Must visit!

Date of experience: November 2020
1  Thank ireneario
salesstaff, Sales Staff at Borobudur Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

YAY! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 30 October 2020

With the limited time we had in Jogja, my brother and I wanted to see as much as we could and Borobudur Buddhist Temple was on top of the list.

This 9th century temple, is the largest Buddhist temple in the world. This became very apparent to us as we approached the (roughly) 525 stair incline. The climb, while challenging, was worth it to explore the grandeur of the site. The temple itself, consists of nine stacked platforms, (six square and three circular), topped by a central dome. It is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues. The central dome is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues, each seated inside a perforated stupa (mound), and we did our absolute darnedest to view them all.

During our visit, we became aware that a large group of school children on an excursion, were undertaking communication assignments for their English language class. We became popular people to have conversations with, and were happy to help them with this. As a 'thank you', they treated us to a performance of a traditional Indonesian song, which was absolutely beautiful.

I must note, that as we were leaving, it became evident that there were elephants and other animals in captivity at the site. While this did not completely ruin the experience, it did not sit well with us.

Also, be aware there are a lot of peddlers near the entrance/exit that can be very pushy.

Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

Its like indonesian pyramid....
Biggest budhist temple....
Climbed up to the top would be good for exercize, and a better view as well....

Date of experience: November 2019

Yes! Thank you for your visit and review

Reviewed 7 October 2020

Me, my mom, and a friend of mine visited this site in Nov 2019. I've always wanted to visit Borobudur. I hired a taxi guide to go here, I think others may rent cars or use public transportation.

We arrived around 11 AM, the temperature was already very warm. We bought some hats and rent an umbrella, we came unprepared, hehe. From the gate to the temple the distance is around 200-500 meters, so we took a Delman ride (horse carriage) to circle around the vicinity before going to the temple, it was pretty fun!

At the temple, the heat from the sun is unbearable, I then understood why most people recommend going here early in the morning or at dawn. My mom didn't go to the peak, only me and my friend did. There were quite a lot of people taking pictures at the inscription in the temple's walls, I saw some people praying there too. I think it would've been better if I hired a guide to tell some stories about the temple, I didn't do this because I wasn't gonna be there for long given the very hot temperature and I still had to go to some places after Borobudur.

We took the tour cart when exiting and then walked for a couple of meters towards the pick-up area. There were a lot of gift shops, so as snack vendors around. We stopped by a stall to try Es Cendol, wasn't good at all, so I don't recommend it.

All in all, still a good experience, managed to take some good photos of the temple. And I had a good time with my mom and my friend.

1  Thank pascahasanudin

Thank you for sharing your past trip with us!