Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

from US$48.60
from US$61.25
from US$145.00
7,552 results
All reviews sunrise tour largest buddhist manohara hotel an umbrella top level take your time early in the morning world heritage central java temple site tourists exit indonesia carvings structure century
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

Its like indonesian pyramid....
Biggest budhist temple....
Climbed up to the top would be good for exercize, and a better view as well....

Date of experience: November 2019
salesstaff, Sales Staff at Borobudur Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Yes! Thank you for your visit and review

Reviewed 7 October 2020

Me, my mom, and a friend of mine visited this site in Nov 2019. I've always wanted to visit Borobudur. I hired a taxi guide to go here, I think others may rent cars or use public transportation.

We arrived around 11 AM, the temperature was already very warm. We bought some hats and rent an umbrella, we came unprepared, hehe. From the gate to the temple the distance is around 200-500 meters, so we took a Delman ride (horse carriage) to circle around the vicinity before going to the temple, it was pretty fun!

At the temple, the heat from the sun is unbearable, I then understood why most people recommend going here early in the morning or at dawn. My mom didn't go to the peak, only me and my friend did. There were quite a lot of people taking pictures at the inscription in the temple's walls, I saw some people praying there too. I think it would've been better if I hired a guide to tell some stories about the temple, I didn't do this because I wasn't gonna be there for long given the very hot temperature and I still had to go to some places after Borobudur.

We took the tour cart when exiting and then walked for a couple of meters towards the pick-up area. There were a lot of gift shops, so as snack vendors around. We stopped by a stall to try Es Cendol, wasn't good at all, so I don't recommend it.

All in all, still a good experience, managed to take some good photos of the temple. And I had a good time with my mom and my friend.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank pascahasanudin

Thank you for sharing your past trip with us!

Reviewed 6 September 2020

Seeing the chained up elephants at the end of the trip ruined the entire day. We would not have entered the park had we known these elephants would be there. Why are these elephants needed at the park? Do the right thing and hand them over to animal rescue. How can you teach Buddhism and treat these animals like this? You should be ashamed.

Date of experience: October 2019
salesstaff, Sales Staff at Borobudur Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Thank you for share your thoughts with us

Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

Sunrise in Borobudur temple. Mystical place full of history, beautiful but always crowded both at sunrise and sunset. If you are in Indonesia it is a must .. to visit without doubts

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank booboo8072
salesstaff, Sales Staff at Borobudur Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

We're glad that you enjoy your trip to Borobudur Temple.

Reviewed 23 June 2020

On 9th March 2020 I visited Borobudur Temple Complex, which was one of my highlights in my tour itinerary. Though my visit was planned for the afternoon my guide switched to the morning as it was cooler. Besides, rain was forecasted in the afternoon. So best time to visit is in the morning. We set out in our vehicle for the Unesco Heritage Temple Complex as early as 8 a.m. The weather was cool. Once we arrived at the Complex we had to go through ticket admission. Subsequently, we set out on foot to the Borobudur Temple Complex positioned in a beautiful green environment. It was a 15-20 minutes walk from the ticket entrance. The walk was so lovely and soothing. I took my hiking stick with me and it came handy. When we reached the temple my guide decided to use the walkway on the left instead of the temple steps in the centre. I think it was a good idea. The temple is magnificent from the outside and has beautiful 8th-9th century stone carvings. After a few photos we started walking up the temple steps, which are high and steep. However, there are hand rails at the side of the steps so these helped together with my hiking stick. There are 3 levels to climb. At the first level we stopped and walked around to admire the amazing stone carvings, which are intricate in nature. An earthquake years ago did do some damage to the temple complex but it had since been restored. We then continued up to the second level where there are statues of Buddha and huge stupas all round. It was an amazing sight. In each stupa there is a statue of Buddha too. Some of the statues are broken due to damage from the earthquake. The third and highest level has more huge stupas and a main stupa at the centre but we were not allowed in as it was closed to the public. This can be viewed from the second level very clearly. The temple complex and its surroundings is very peaceful and quiet. All in all I had a wonderful experience walking to and around in one of the most breathtaking wonders of the world.

Date of experience: March 2020
2  Thank Inspire818174
salesstaff, Sales Staff at Borobudur Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2020

We're glad that you enjoy your visit to Borobudur Temple.

Thank you for your visit.