Hotels.com
Expedia
Trip.com
Snaptravel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews javanese experience private pool valley privacy driver sunrise temple distance calls turndown asia tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2019

I stayed in the Villa Kayangan for four lovely nights. I loved every moment of it--the peaceful setting high in the Menoreh mountains, the view of volcanoes and Borobudur, the epic sunrises and sunsets. The private pool is gigantic. I found the hums of the calls to prayer from the villages in the valley below enchanting. The staff is kind, friendly, and genuinely wants to ensure you have a lovely trip. You have the privacy of an AirBnB but the amenities of a hotel--room service, housekeeping/turndown service, concierge/someone to help schedule your tours and activities. I think it's the best place to stay in the area and offers an authentic Javanese experience.

Room tip: Villa Kayangan is by far the best. It is at the very top of the resort, has a phenomenal view and lovely pool.
Date of stay: October 2019
Yanazil L, Manajer Umum at Villa Borobudur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2019

Dear Tasha,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. It was very nice having you as our guests as it is always nice to see our guest enjoy and appreciate their Javanese experience. We will certainly pass the compliment to our staff.

Hopefully we can welcoming you again someday soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2019 via mobile

We spent three nights at this beautiful location and it was incredible. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a villa and it was the most beautiful accomodation we have every stayed in. We overlooked the Borobudur Temple and the gorgeous valley. The food and the friendly and helpful staff are excellent. We will always remember our special few days at Villa Borobudur. Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Yanazil L, Manajer Umum at Villa Borobudur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2019

Dear Nikki,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our future guests. Glad to hear that you have an incredible experience during your stay with us. We are proud to our staff who made your stay as special as you wish. We do hope to welcoming you again next time to enjoy the beautiful villa and surrounding.

Warm regards,
Yana and VBR team

Reviewed 26 August 2019

Together with my girlfriend, I stayed at Villa Borobudur for 3 nights. Where we had a wonderful experience. The location and facilities are of the highest quality. We stayed at one of the private villas "Villa Kayangan" which truly met our (very high) expectations.

From the pick-up at the airport until the drop-off at the airport we felt so relaxed because of the excellent care villa Borobudur has taken of us. During our stay we enjoyed the great authentic Javanese experience which Villa Borobudur offers: the staff, the food (with self-grown herbs & spices!), the interior & exterior, the on-site activities. Villa Borobudur has it all and delivers these experiences in an unforgettable manner. We have seldom been so excited about a hotel as we have been here and we highly recommend this unique place.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Emile_UH
Yanazil L, Manajer Umum at Villa Borobudur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2019

Dear Emile,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share your experiences at Villa Borobudur with others and future guests. It was very nice having you staying with us and we do hope you will come back to experience some more of all the wonderful sights around and to relax and enjoy the view and atmosphere of the Villa.

Looking forward meeting you again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2019

I recently stayed at Villa Borobudur, in the Siddharta Suite. The staff, the room and views, it was all truly a fantastic experience.
My time at Borobudur was limited and in 3 days the staff at the hotel accommodated my schedule and was able to help me achieve all the sites I wanted to attend. The food was excellent. I really loved the experience of staying in a Javanese inspired resort. I did visit another resort while I was there, you are remote in Borobudur, so there are not many choices. This felt very authentic to me. The journey to get to the hotel was just as fantastic as the hotel itself.
I would highly recommend this place. It was a great home away from home.

Room tip: I loved the Siddharta Suite. It was not a villa, but there was plenty of privacy.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jim B
Yanazil L, Manajer Umum at Villa Borobudur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2019

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your review and it is wonderful to read you enjoyed your stay so much and are so happy with the villa and the services provided. We are so proud to our staff who are able to made your stay so special including our kitchen team who made the delicious food. We gladly pass the compliment to our staff. It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we do hope we can welcome you again as there are still more activities to do and sights to see.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2019

this place is very quiet, and it's a good place to just relax and enjoy the nature around.
They also provide us with our own butler which very helpful because we're basically up in the mountain and it's hard to get food from outside the villa.

Date of stay: May 2018
Yanazil L, Manajer Umum at Villa Borobudur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2019

Dear Ibu Felita,

Thank you very much for your review and letting other people know about the concept and services of Villa Borobudur Resort.

Kind regards,