All reviews bird sanctuary checking out stayed here for nights dining area resort birds setting banks
Reviewed 26 February 2015 via mobile

We had visited this area in January and wanted another short visit before finishing our holiday. Being keen birdwatchers we picked this resort so I could do a bit of birding while my wife relaxed. The first thing you notice on driving in is the well kept organic garden and general tidiness of the resort. It sings of care and attention, good planning and regular maintenance. The cottage, a lake view, was spotlessly clean, the a/c worked well and there was constant hot water in the bathroom ( not to the shower head as appears quite normal in India). The food was excellent and extra effort was made to cater for my wife's special dietary needs. This is just a wonderful place to go and relax! The pool is a spring fed plunge type pool perfect for a cooling dip. As for the birding I clocked up 37 species in and immediately around the resort. A trip into the nearby forest, with a guide organized by the resort, netted a lot more. Well worth a visit.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian m
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Just loved the tagline and guess what; its true. Traveled as part of a trekking group and was nice to spot some rare birds. Camped at Soma Birds Lagoon and was indeed a nice experience. rooms were cozy and neat, polite staffs and they were helpful in arranging things we needed. Would recommend this place to every nature lover.

Room Tip: All rooms are best, we choose the third one. Love the resort.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StellaWild123
Reviewed 2 February 2015

This place was suggested by a friend of mine and I had organised a family gathering at the resort. The staff was helpful in arranging the necessary. We enjoyed the stay. A beautiful place if you want to escape from all city pollution n traffic worries.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Kiran_Dev007
Reviewed 18 January 2015

I have really enjoyed my stay in this beautiful property...! During my stay I have met 14 bird watchers from Norway they were staying in this property second time.
The location was really excellent and this place is really a gift for " Kerala "the gods own country.

The service was excellent and very helpful staff. Congratulation to somatheeram Ayurveda group team. I was in somatheeram group property on last year in my vacation at Trivandrum and their excellent hospitality and services are well known internationally the same we can experience in this naturally gifted place too.I would recommend this property to my friends

Room Tip: All cottages are nicely located and each room is named with rare bird's name
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Chithus
Reviewed 15 January 2015

The location is absolutely stunning with banglow facing the lagoon with spectacular bird life. True Kerala style cooking, spotless room and a small swimming pool. Traveled on jan 10,11 with colleagues!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends