“Great pizza”
Review of La Pizzeria

La Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 97 Restaurants in Malton
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Visited La Pizzeria for lunch during the recent food festival (it was too busy to get food and sit down). It was quiet due to the festival it was also a chance to get out of the blazing Sun. They did offer a table on their terrace but it was too hot.

Quite compact, with a Mediterranean feel the place was quite relaxing. Clean and modern. I had a seat near the window and watched Malton pass by. It has an (on trend) wood fired pizza oven open. I went for the lunch deal which was a pizza and a drink. Ordered a Fiorentine Pizza which is Mozzarella, Spinach, Pesto, Asparagus, Fried Egg and a big pile of Rocket on top. Shame there was a tiny bit of grit I suppose was from the rocket. Otherwise the pizza was perfect with soft savoury tastes especially when the egg yolk was mixed in. Big enough to satisfy for lunch (I was going back to the food festival later anyway)

I must say that the Messina beer, which I never tried before, was excellent. So good I had two! I'll try and see if I can buy this somewhere.

Service was quick and quite pleasant by the young waitresses. I overheard a conversation by a nearby couple who were very demanding/confusing in their order but the waitress handled it very professionally.

They also do a Panuozzi style sandwich at lunch that I may try next time I visit as I like those. I recommend this place for a relaxing time and authentic pizza.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Called in for lunch, and what a great place to find in the middle of Malton.

The atmosphere was casual, gay friendly and welcoming.

The lunch menu was a fantastic deal price wise, and massive when it came out - really tasty and freshly prepared. I loved the fact the offered gluten free options, which is not normally the case.

Drinks were not over priced and great selection from soft, to cocktail menu.

The server (female) was very nice and attentive without getting in the way.

Will try for dinner next time!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Great food, Great service, Nice ambience, reasonably priced, what more can you want? Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Went in to order 2 pizzas to take out. The pizza makers, who obviously run the show, were consulted by the counter assistant who let her with the job of telling me they were too busy and could not do my pizzas, despite making one for a chap who came in just moments earlier. I felt embarrassed, disappointed and slightly humiliated. For the record, I was sober and polite. As a local, I shall not return and can only imagine their business is so good, they can turn customers away.

2  Thank Alex C
fatchef0217, Owner at La Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

When we first opened, we made the mistake of not turning down any takeaway orders, which meant customers in the restaurant suffered long waits for food. We very quickly learned that unfortunately it’s not always possible to take on every takeaway order, and most customers are understanding of this...
A one star review when you didn’t eat with us, seems a bit more like a petty reaction designed to be harmful than a genuine review...
And whilst we’re setting the record straight... if your aggressive behaviour towards our staff and childish slamming of the restaurant door is the way you act when sober, we’re very pleased you didn’t come in drunk...

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

First visit and very pleased with the service and food.
Great atmosphere
Individual decor with large tins of Italian tomatoes piled high
Will call again