“Living up to a Michelin Star restaurant !”
Review of Ristorante Tilia

Ristorante Tilia
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Dobbiaco
Price range: US$57 - US$228
Cuisines: French, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Celebrating my daughter 23th birthday and had dinner for family of 4 . Some mixed reviews on TripAdvisor so didn’t want to expect too much but we were all in awe with the wonderful service and especially the gastronomic foods served !!!
We were surprised with a beautiful and decilious birthday cake, requested just 4 hours before our dinner via email too.
Definitely living up to a Michelin Star Restaurant. When you are visiting Dolomite ,this is a restaurant that you must definitely visit !.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We had enjoyed an excellent meal here when visiting the region last year and were looking forward to returning.

On this occasion we dined here for lunch so that we could fully appreciate the magnificent setting where this restaurant is located, being in the middle of a park with the Dolomites dominating the skyline.

Two of us chose the 5 course surprise menu (Euro85 per head) whilst the third chose 3 courses (cost Euro68) from the a la carte menu. The three of us received a very good amuse bouche that tasted a little like pate, then the 5 courses were sashimi tuna with tomatoes, risotto with porcini, fish with fennel in a soup base, chicken with potatoes and a chocolate log with chocolate gelato and sorbet. All of the dishes looked colourful and inviting and were delicious with the tuna, risotto and fish the winners. The a la carte choices were ravioli with calamari - also delicious - and the braised beef with potatoes and carrots, a very attractive and tasty dish.

Coffee came with petit fours which consisted of 3 different types of chocolate.

Our maître d', sommelier and waitress, Anita, was absolutely delightful. Anita was informative, attentive, friendly and very efficient.

The wine list was extensive and Anita's suggestion of a bottle of local Girlan Pinot Noir was rxcellent.

Chef Chris Oberhammer welcomed us towards the end of the meal which was a nice touch.

We will return when next we visit the Dolomites.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I wish I could give this restaurant a 3 and a half but on balance, for the money, I'm giving it a 3.

The menu is short - 3 options per course.

To start with the good:
Service was impeccable throughout with the restaurant manager speaking excellent English with us during our visit.
Our tuna course was delicious, absolutely sublime. We're big fans of tuna and it was nice to have it with tomatoes rather than the usual avocado or cucumber.
The starters of risotto (creamy and rich) and the chantarelle tart were also both superb.
The desserts, my chocolate praline and the cheesecake were also very good.
Th wine list is excellent and when we asked for the recommendation of a local wine and the Sylvaner we got was really good and reasonably priced.
The views are spectacular.

The bads:
The main courses were both let downs for us. OH's veal was nice but nothing special for the price. It was plain and simple - meat and veg - we expected something more imaginative from a restaurant of this calibre.
My beef was the worst dish of the meal. It was braised beef with vegetables which was served simply but was too salty to eat. In all fairness to them - the chef came out and apologised and the beef was taken off the bill.
My dessert was meant to come with cocoa sorbet, I don't like ice cream (weird I know) so I asked for it without. I half expected them to replace the sorbet, maybe with some raspberries which came with my husband's dessert, but it came out without anything.

The art work around the restaurant is not great.

With a very reasonably priced bottle of wine (£30) and the money taken off for the beef this was still an expensive meal (£260) and was probably not quite worth the money in comparison with other Michelin starred meals we've had.

1  Thank AnanB
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Dined here one wet and cold evening in July so didn't really fully enjoy what would be stunning views of the surrounding Dolomites from the full length glass windows that are on three sides of the restaurant. We unfortunately had not brought an umbrella as it was not raining in Cortina D'Ampezzo where we were staying. The restaurant is in a field with the driveway leading up from the car park so I ran up there to see if they had a spare umbrella and Anita (Maitre'd and Sommelier) said for me just to drive up and let my wife and daughter out. When I did there was Anita and one of the other members of staff standing out in the rain with umbrellas to greet us from the car. A great start and it just got better.

Restaurant is small. There were only about 5 tables of varying sizes inside. There was a choice of 3, 4 or 5 courses from the mystery menu or you could choose from the a la carte. We chose the 4 course mystery menu.

There was an amuse bouche to start followed by prawns from Sicily, a risotto with truffle, the main was a chicken dish and for dessert we had separate chocolate and apple delicacies. This was followed by pettit fours and coffee.

Wine list was extensive and Anita was excellent in steering me towards a lighter Italian red that combined beautifully with the food.

Anita was absolutely delightful, friendly attentive and efficient and her taste in the background music contributed significantly to the beautiful ambience.

Highly recommend and we will visit again when next in the Dolomites.

4  Thank westy54
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We had a fabulous lunch at Ristorante Tilia. Pickled mushroom salad, octopus, saffron risotto with thin slivers of tuna (like flames dancing) on top of the risotto, sword fish and a chocolate mousse. All courses were perfectly cooked and seasoned and full of interesting flavours. We will definitely return and highly recommend this restaurant. Have to also say that the service was excellent and meeting the Chef was special!