All reviews crystal beach pine trees team building day tour surfing lessons breakfast buffet coming back acoustic night a great stay quick weekend glamping tents new friends surfing spot relaxing place metro manila per person camping site
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Crystal Beach Resort is newly accredited to our company. Ian is my point of contact here. He is very accommodating eversince I inquired here last 2017. Finally 2018 our goal to have our annual company Team Building took place on this beach. From accreditation, this is not the easy part as the requirements from our company is detailed yet some of it might not be "not allowed" by their accounting. I advise that if your company wanted to be accredited, read first their house rules and ask first what requirements can their company or their accounting can give. This is to avoid stress and miscommunication. Location wise, its quite far from Manila but it's all worth it if you want total relaxation. From Ortigas it took us 3-4 hours with 2 stop overs. The view from the Beach is refreshing as well as some view stops, trees adopted in Nami Island Korea, a lot of good spots where you can take pictures. Rooms are good, they look classic yet its airconditioned. They are quite strict with room capacity so make sure you get the room just enough for the headcount that you booked. We booked almost all rooms there since we are 145, so far we used Abigail room, water supply is good, airconditioned max at 18 degrees and if you are more than 4 in Abigail room, you might need to wait pa for the additional matress (3), its not readily available so just wait for it, it will just come haha! We like the veranda, its where we spent time drinking yet you need to maintain your low tone voice as you cant be noisy after 12mn w/c is an ordinance. Food? Well i can guarantee that we experienced great food while we are there. We have chicken barbecue, chapsuey and we love most is the pork sinigang! Dessert is buko pandan which is yummy as well. The buffet breakfast is superb, we really love it. I get to meet their chef for breakfast and he really prepared a lot for us! We use the open hall for our program, Ian was there to assist us and 1 sound technician who's prepared for background music and 2 assitants on stand by for decors. They've been helpful. As for our socials, the view from the japanese style acoustic night is perfect,with bonefire pa, unfortunately it rain so hard and lightning even broke the speakers so ending our social night has been spoiled. We have no choice but to stay in the restaurant and drink the 600 bottles of beer. Carl one of the POC has been very helpful as well during our socials. We knew that hard drinks are not allowed in the resto but still he allow us up to 5 bottles to spare for the night. Thank you carl! The experience is very good if not for the weather and sudden brown outs. Also, we would like to commend their housekeeping for returning the lost wallet of our team member. On the other hand, we just like to give heads up as well their management to brief their security guards on how to talk to guests properly especially if they are reprimanding guests from being too loud. Its okay to tell us, but say it in a nice way. Overall, the experience was great, we knew Ian C. and Carl did their best to give us the best experience here as well as their front desk members. Thank you and hope to see soon on our future team building. Still you are recommendable!

Room Tip: Choose Abigail, Job, JOsiah rooms, they are quite new
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Hi just want to share my experience I was totally disappointed with this resort I just arrived in phil from Malaysia unexpected I don't want to go home yet while in the airport I search a beach near by manila and it shown me this crystal beach resort I went there immediately 6 and half hrs journey I reach around 12am midnight I booked 1 night only I taught its same like other resort and hotel that before they remind u to check out they will ask u also do u want to extend or do u want to check out but in my case they msg and remind me that I need to check out at 12pm and I read the msg pass 12noon because I slept off then I msg back that I want to extend 1 more day they said cannot because the room is reserve and taken they ask me to take the room good for 3 person how is it possible to take that room and I'm alone and solo all the way from manila I need to leave the resort immediately or else they will deduct my deposit so I need to rush and prepare my self going back to manila....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I don’t know about other people’s experience with this place but WE DEFINITELY LOVE this resort. Yeah there are some “issues” but who hasn’t right? even five star hotels that we’ve been to have at least one issue.

We’ve arrived last March 29 (Holy Thursday) and as expected the resort is full. Check In is about 10-15 mins(since there are a-lot of people). We got their newly built room which is Job 2. Staff are courteous (even if they are a little bit haggard. We enjoyed the food, lots of choices on the menu but some were not available at the time. Breakfast buffet is ok, hope you’ll add more choices.

Cleanliness -the resort is clean - since they have an army of staff that cleans the place in early morning.

For Dogs- they allow dogs but not inside the room - we hope that you’ll relaxed this rule so we can take our furry friends with us next time. We don’t want them sleeping outside the room.

Recommendation: for campers-highly recommended. For foreign tourists - yes.

Tip: if you want a quiet place, avoid rooms or camp site that are located on the side of the resort, the other resort has a videoke machine, you won’t like it specially at night people are singing loud.

Over all this place gets 5 out of 5 stars from us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Donovan D
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Went here for a Valentine's Day getaway and I easily fell in love with the resort and the people. Great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the big city. If you, like me, just like to bum around the beach, this is the perfect resort for you. I couldn't think of anything I didn't like about it.

Room Tip: Get the Jungle Hostel huts!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank ElaDeLeon
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Celebrated a dear friends bday over the weekend in Crystal Beach resort. We got the tour from a travel agency and was OK with the price since it includes a concert pass for Reggae Night. We were expecting that the package we bought was good since on their FB page they were sharing pics of how the tent would look like and it even mentioned inclusions of pillows and toiletries, unfortunately none of those were included. Tents were too small though we can sleep on separate tent but we opt to sleep in one.
Also , the concert was never exclusive to those who bought the ticket . They didn't even give us any freebies or at least consumable . Everyone in the resort that didn't pay for the ticket gets to watch . It was a ripped off if you ask me . Only take away here is the resto staff are very friendly and nice . They let us charged our phone and they would keep it for us . The food is good as well and if you ask nicely , they'll be generous in putting food on your plate .
Waves is strong enough for surfers and it's nice to just sit around on the shore and watch them surf or swim. Just be mindful as when the wave is too strong, that's where the surfers are and you don't want to be hit on the head by their board. There's a lifeguard anyway so they will tell you where not to go.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends