“Delightful and delicious lunch”
Review of Fat Seagull

Fat Seagull
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lunch served 12 till 2.30. Licensed. Traditional Roast on a Sunday. Fabulous fresh diverse season menu. Amazing fish dishes all through the summer. Relaxed atmosphere, friendly service.Outdoor seating area, ideal for our four legged friends. Always ring ahead to check opening hours as weather and seasonality prevail out here in Sandilands.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped for lunch at the Fat Seagull, very friendly and the staff were helpful the food was fresh, locally sourced and delicious

Catherine H, is so happy normal customers outnumber the loons at Fat Seagull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

What a lovely review, truthful, concise and to the point, thank you.
Vivien modestly fails to mention she's MD of 72 Blue Chip Companies and an adviser to Alan Sugar.
She doesn't feel the need to pontificate, brag and boast when writing a review for a little seaside cafe.
Vivien has a healthy perspective on life.
We like Vivien.
xx

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Called in at 11.35am midweek having eaten there two years previously while on holiday, so thought we would return.
I politely asked for the menu, only to be told in a slightly off'ish manner "the menu is on the wall & the kitchen is not open til 12.00, so you've got a 20 minute wait".
Ok, I thought I'd use plan B & ask if it's too late for anything breakfasty? "We don't do breakfast". At this point I was wondering why I had bothered to make the effort to come here!
Ok, plan C was put in place & I asked for a scone with jam & cream, my lady wife asked for the 'fruit toast & butter', along with a coffe & hot chocolate.
The drinks were fine, but we're still looking for the fruit in the fruit toast as it was like us, away on holiday! It resembled nothing like the toast on your photos, and was very unappetising to say the least. Personally, I would have thought that separate butter would have come with the toast, but, hey-ho, it's how they serve it so I'll accept that.
My scone (well baked & dry) came with jam & cream as a 'job lot' & resembled a burger, rather than a separate scone with jam & cream separately. I've never had it this way so can only assume it's a 'Fat Seagull' quirk, but again, I'll live with it?

We had planned to book a table for our last night, but to be truthful, I thought what we endured didn't warrant our trade & went elsewhere which is a shame as I think the owners are possibly missing a trick with passing morning trade. That's just my views as a tourist on holiday.

Looking at previous reviews, I am waiting for Christine H to verbally launch an attack against this review, so with bated breath I will adorn my tin hat & wait!

Just for the record, one doesn't have to be rude (referring to previous Christine H's replies to people who leave negative feedback) when someone leaves constructive criticism. This is how you build a business up, I should know as we have more than one!

10  Thank edwardduval
Catherine H, she who is exhausted by pompous ninnies at Fat Seagull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

.......Edward has "more than one ! " business .......round of applause for Edward.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped by for lunch today on a beautiful sunny day. The food, drinks and hospitality were wonderful. We ate chicken and sun dried tomato salad and the belly pork which came with mashed potatoes and beautiful vegetables. I can highly recommend this jewel of a place, try the ginger beer it was perfect on a warm summers day. Thanks for a lovely lunch

Catherine H, loves normal happy customers at Fat Seagull, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks Tina, customers like you keep me sane !! Look forward to welcoming you back.x

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We sat outside in the sunshine on bank holiday Monday with some ginger beers and had a really nice late lunch. The feta tart was particularly lovely. It was very busy but the food came quickly and was very nicely presented. Will come again!

Catherine H, the original Incredible Tart at Fat Seagull, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Crumbs ! at first glance at the headline I thought the review was about me !! lol.
Thank you for the great feedback, delighted you found us.
Till next time.x

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The staff must not be fond of people from Sheffield (Chris' previous post). Walked in to enquire about a table for a family meal at the weekend with our family coming to visit for the day during our holidays. We wanted to check they they could cater for my grandaughter (8m) so we would need a highchair and daughter in law (vegetarian). We were told... menu is there. Great, thanks, v helpful. Needless to say we decided not to give them our custom.
Nice decor though.

6  Thank EvieK123
Catherine H, furious at entitled brats at Fat Seagull, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Let me make things clear.
My staff are amazing, courteous, friendly and fun loving, every good review on here states exactly that.
Your version of events is completely at odds with reality.
I was going to compose a suitably fitting response…...However! just for once I want to be deadly, deadly serious.
After reading your other revues, my heart sank, when it reached my boot straps I started to feel a burning anger, this escalated to absolute rage and incredulity.
You document your budget travels to the Far East feverishly (and tediously)
It’s your bad reviews for the small businesses in these countries I take great exception too.
I have never EVER encountered such a towering sense of entitlement.
Your ludicrous, pampered, privilege western attitude to the culture of the countries you visit lack empathy or compassion. Expecting 5-star service from budget facilities designed for back packers is cretinous, to then slate them online is brattish and utterly vile.
A typical disrespectful farang.
“ WIFI slow” in Cambodia.
“Tour Guides English, just ok” in Vietnam.
“the river was hardly scenic, brown muddy waters, not great views” The Saigon river where a FULL refund was demanded from the poor beleaguered Boat man.
"Locals pay a tenth of what the tourists pay, discrimination MUCH !!" Phuket.
"Stray dogs and too many flies" Phuket.
You bring nothing but shame to genuine, generous respectful travellers to the land of smiles (my sister returned from a trip in the clothes she stood up in, so moved by the poverty she encountered, she gave everything away).
However one source of unimaginable joy was your account of the impeccably spoken English Tuc Tuc driver who promised cut price tours of the sacred Temples. After you paid up front he unsurprisingly failed to turn up the next morning. Greed and Biblical stupidity on this scale is rarely admitted, let alone posted on line for the world to see.
I neither know or care why you chose to target my little Bistro, the ONLY review you have ever written for a UK business. I only know you epitomise TripAdvisor at it’s very very worst and THAT’S saying something.
p.s. the photos of your party grinning idiotically in short silk dressing gowns in a Thai establishment made my skin crawl.