Hotel Riu Guanacaste
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Pez Vela Resort(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Ocotal Beach Resort(Playa Ocotal)
Expedia
TripAdvisor
Marina Loft Apart-Hotel(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Chantel Suites(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Coco Palms(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Coco Beach & Casino(Playas del Coco)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savannah(Playas del Coco)
7,044 results
All reviewscosta ricariu guanacastezip liningsports barmonkey barhorseback ridingpura vidasteakitalian restaurantspecialty restaurantshot springshowler monkeysmake reservationsocean viewrainy seasonblack sandsushi
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second stay at RIU Guanacaste. I love this hotel, pool is huge and beautiful. Food is good or what is expected at All Inclusive. Rooms always clean. We loved Julia in the bar Philadelphia what a Gem.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mizztravel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Riu for 10 days after doing the 4 day clouds forest tour booked through Tui. This hotel is excellent, nice grounds, good selection of very tasty food. Hotel staff are excellent, a special thank you to Karla Ruiz in the main restaurant.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

things we liked about the resort. The pool was awesome!!! the bartenders were great and worked hard with the amount of people at the pool bar. The food wasnt the best but the lunch buffet always had great selection. We ate at all the restaurants and they were just ok...never left feeling blown away.
things we didn't like..first thing is first...we went with a group of 50 for a wedding...literally 1/4 of our group ended up with BED BUGS, enough said! we had a night departure and had to be checked out by 12 noon (which is normal). So we packed up left at 11;30am and headed down for a bite and a coffee. We hit the front desk and waited for 30 mins which put us 12:15 (15 mins over checkout). They charged us 20$ for a late checkout. The worst part is our first morning we had a work skype call and we needed wifi. My wife went to the front desk and bought it. We didn't know that it was part of the package we bought with wedding group we came with. So when we were checking out the charged us 90$ for the wifi and we told them that it was part of our package so we shouldn't have to pay this...their response was "you shoulda been at the welcome meeting when they told you it was included" so we had to pay or they wouldn't let us on the bus to the airport. Also our $300 ocean view upgrade was on the second floor over the fountain....

Room Tip: Don't upgrade to ocean view because they don't have any good ocean view rooms. waste of money
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank c0linr0ss
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests and for this reason we are very sorry to learn that you have left our hotel thinking otherwise.

We kindly invite you to raise a formal complaint through our Customer Service department via crm@riu.com.

We sincerely hope that we will one day be able to welcome you back to our hotel and have a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our hotels.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

FOOD IS AMAZING! Wish that we were still there! A++++++ The review must be 200 characters so I will ramble on... but WOW we had an awesome time and would recommend to ANYONE. What a great place to stay and such friendly people!!!!

Room Tip: Book tours with Nexus they are terrific! Especially Martin the guy is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I went to Costa Rica from March 26th to April 1st, 2018. (By family, I mean my parents, my older sister and her family of 6, me and my son.) We had an absolute BLAST at Hotel Riu Guanacaste. Our stay was more than we had hoped for - the grounds were beautifully kept, the beach is beautiful (a bit rocky when entering the water, but coming from Canada - we don't care), the staff was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBE and the rooms were kept very clean.
The Pool is huge and very well designed. There are so many activities for adults and kids alike - the Entertainment Staff here is amazing (be sure to say hi to Karlos, Ariel, JP, Inda and anyone else I might have missed). Be sure to check out the nightly shows as they are well choreographed and are very entertaining. There is also something for the kids to do at 8PM on the stage every night. My son and my niece and nephews LOVED this part of the evening as they got to dance & play; it was fantastic.
As for the food - it was really great. There are so many options at the Buffet restaurant(s) - you will not be disappointed. The Italian and Asian restaurants (La Toscana and Furama) were quite good, but our favourite BY FAR was the Ocotal Restaurant - the Steakhouse by the pool. The buffet beside the pool turns into a lavish Steakhouse in the evenings and the food there was by far the best of all of the options. We also had great service by David, who was very helpful when we were indecisive, and really aimed to please. Be sure to hit up the Ocotal and say hi to David!
The rooms were not really what we expected, but they were very clean and were roomy enough for our needs. Make sure you open the door and listen to the howler monkeys in the morning and evenings - it is incredible to be surrounded by such amazing sights and sounds. At the end of the day - you really only sleep in your room, so it is perfect for that. As an aside - if you have young children, the television only offers Spanish channels, so you might want some entertainment backup. :P
I would definitely recommend this hotel AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. I had an amazing time. My family had an amazing time. Costa Rica is so beautiful and this is such a perfect hotel for any occasion. You will not be disappointed. I would absolutely return.
Thank you to all who contributed to our amazing stay (mentioned or otherwise). :)

Stayed: March 2018