“Better”
Review of The Boat Inn

The Boat Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Erbistock
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I can’t quite get the bad reviews for the boathouse that some people have posted because my wife and I have just experienced an excellent evening meal there. I always ask the question “would we go again?” and the answer with the boathouse is a definite yes. Well done.

1  Thank richard m

Reviewed 25 May 2018

As a vegetarian I regularly eat at the wonderful Brunning and Price group when I am visiting this region and mistakenly thought this was another of them when it was suggested for lunch. The vegetarian selection on offer was very small but I chose a starter of hummus and tzatziki with pitta, and asked for very well done chunky chips. We sat outside by the river on a glorious day so some delicious food would have been most welcome. The food arrived on a slate (not my favourite serving vessel). The ramekins of dips were miniscule but it was not an expensive dish so this was not unexpected. Sadly, the tzatziki was just peculiar; sour and strangely 'thin' as if it had been made with very low fat yogurt or sour milk. On delving down to the bottom of the hummus I found two unidentified brown lumps, like old bread crust. The box which the condiments came to the table in was really dirty; old salt and pepper grains, dust and the sachets of sauces were sticky, but the worst offender was the vinegar jar (ceramic, with a cork stopper). It was quite disgustingly dirty and unwashed, with dribbles of sticky stuff all down the front of it. There is really no excuse for such sloppy hygiene. My partner said his fish and chips were very nice, but neither of us has any desire to return.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Before i start. I want to say that I've eaten at The Boat Inn in the past and really enjoyed it. On Sunday 13th we thought we would go to the boat for lunch. They start serving from 12pm, so we booked a table for 2 at 1pm. We tried to order our starter and main at the bar after being shown to our table and tried to order a beef Sunday bap for our main. We were told they had run out of beef, so we chose the pork instead. I'm not sure if they were short staffed or just having a bad day, but i was shocked when our main eventually came out. 2 small slices of pork on a McDonald's sized bap with a smear of mayonnaise and probably about 10 ish chips with a little gravy and apple sauce. We paid the best part of £9 each for these baps. We decided to go after paying the bill at this point only to find they were trying to charge us for a sweet we didn't order. Maybe it was just a bad day, but we won't be going back.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Great, off the beaten track establishment on the banks of the Dee. Lovely food, reasonable value. Will definitely return. Beautiful setting.

1  Thank AngeB363
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I ordered tea for two. milk came in cup and no hot water when asked if they had any jugs, run out come the reply. place is very unkempt

1  Thank susanrobinson90