“Lovely”
Review of The Boat Inn

The Boat Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Erbistock
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Great, off the beaten track establishment on the banks of the Dee. Lovely food, reasonable value. Will definitely return. Beautiful setting.

1  Thank AngeB363

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I ordered tea for two. milk came in cup and no hot water when asked if they had any jugs, run out come the reply. place is very unkempt

1  Thank susanrobinson90
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Nice setting for a drink on a sunny day, but other than that I would not bother. The roast dinner cost £13.95 and is a joke at that price. It comes out looking like a children's portion. I asked the waitress and she didn't really seem bothered about it at all

1  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Down long very narrow dead ended road, some small signs but fortunately my Tom-Tom found it OK. Surprisingly large car and beautiful location along the river Dee and alongside very old church. Quite a few good picnic type tables outside.
We had a Groupon coupon so did not expect to much but treated us very well and superb value. It was 2:00pm a lovely weekday so amazed that their were very few other guests. We were very pleasantly greeted and told we could sit anywhere we wanted inside or out.
The food came fairly quickly and both the starters and main were quite large and delicious, after which we took our drinks outside where wish we could have stayed longer as so pleasent and peaceful.
Will also state they had several draft beers and my Cheshire? was very good.
Hope to return but concerned that place is up for sale.

1  Thank Lotuselanman
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

The boat is the most wonderful old. I remember going there throughout the 1970s and 80s and have always sitting outside on the banks of the river having a drink. I have had food there which has been excellent. When we visited in March the pub was empty probably because it was the middle of the day and the weather was not that good. I found the landlord quite intrusive in that he talked solidly for an hour about other pubs , knowing everything, to my partner and I was frankly bored. I should think he Enjoyed a good chat with customers but should not overdo it

1  Thank caroltA5133ZU