“Lunch in the sunshine ”

The Estate House Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Ford
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Once again we have had a FANTASTIC lunch in the sunshine here in Ford. Beautiful garden environment (our black lab Archie welcome - gravy bones provided!) and a lovely lunch of crab sandwiches with a pot of Rington's tea...perfect! Amazing and personal service...ginger cake was AMAZING!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Absolutely loved this place, a really cosy tea room (and B and B). two small rooms, but so cosy and comfortable, the staff are brilliant, friendly and welcoming. The food was superb. My wife had broccoli and stilton soup followed by apple crumble which she loved. I had burger and chips, yes a simple meal but it was a good quality burger and the chips were proper home cooked chips just like my mum used to make, even the garnish was tip top and at £3.95 it was very reasonably priced.
Would love to go back here. it was so relaxing sat in their comfy chairs

Reviewed 18 September 2016

The tearoom is part of the B & B business run from the same building. Meals can be taken in the tearoom or outside in the garden. We dined inside. There is a small but varied menu. I selected the All Day Breakfast and my wife had the Cottage Pie both of which were good. Service was good and the staff were friendly.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Located in the lovely timeless village of Ford, this little gem has recently become our little bolt hole for our Sundays off. Lovely home made (as in made by the owners using their own fresh produce) soups and good home made (same again) pies with veg or chips. The sandwiches are really lovely. You can eat out in the back garden, so don't let the small eating area in the front put you off at all, as it's very cosy anyway. Really friendly service, and have a look at the rooms upstairs - they look very comfy and welcoming, but we live only an hour away so haven't stayed overnight. I tried the all-day breakfast recently, and it was excellent, with lots of stuff clearly purchased from a very good local butcher I suspect, and gorgeous free range eggs, with what tasted like field mushrooms, black pudding, Cumberland sausage, lovely middle bacon, and haggis with home made hash browns which were fab - plus a pot of tea and plenty of toast - all for just £7.95. Great value and good luck finishing it all. Looking forward to our visit this weekend. Oh, and a really nice selection of cakes too.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We called at this tearoom after a good walk with our dog. Having seen previously that it was a dog friendly eatery, we were looking forward to our lunch. We were greeted and sat at a table and our dog was instantly greeted with a dog biscuit...that was him won over! My husband had the pie of the day and I had a jacket potato with tuna..both were freshly made and delicious. The staff were lovely and friendly and I don't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.