2,621 results
All reviews island of murano murano museo hotel boat glass factory water taxi la gare executive room main island free transfer beautiful murano quiet island sky tv shuttle service beautiful hotel marco polo airport boat transfer hotel restaurant
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the airport and got a speedboat taxi to the hotel, which was the perfect start to the weekend break.
I stayed here with a couple of friends to celebrate a special birthday and what a lovely hotel it was. From the moment we arrived the staff were helpful and courteous.
We arrived late but the bar was still open and we were able to sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere.
The rooms were large and pristine with the added extra of slippers which after a day walking round Venice was much appreciated.
The location was perfect as it was nice to go back in the evenings to enjoy the peace away from the main city and also enjoyed getting the boat each way.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Venice.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
LaGare_Hotels, General Manager at LaGare Hotel Venezia - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We are delighted to know we made the special birthday a memorable moment shared with friends!

We hope to have soon the chance to welcome you and your friends back to our unforgettable island!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Very modern hotel is a nice refuge from Venice
Staff excellent , room spacious very modern - lacking charm but nice and newish.
We had the bfast very nice
We liked the shuttle service too and would recommend this if you want to escape crowds in Venice

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luckydog17
LaGare_Hotels, Direttore generale at LaGare Hotel Venezia - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. We are happy to read you liked your stay, the room, the breakfast and our shuttle service too. We hope to have soon the chance to welcome you back to Venice!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

The staff provided an excellent service, nothing was to much trouble, they were always smiling and very supportive. We had booked an executive suite for three nights as we decided to stay outside of Venice and just visit daily - thank goodness we did Venice was so hectic!!

The hotel has many fine qualities and is a beacon of excellence for the island but there are a few niggles from my perspective. We paid quite a lot of money to stay there and it would have been nice if breakfast had been part of the package. Breakfast is currently charged at 12 euros per person. I have travelled far and wide over the years and I have never - never been told "we don't provide an iron/ironing board - for safety reasons" - so there I am with every garment rolled and waiting to be ironed as and when needed!!!.....so I had to pay for my clothes to be ironed - seven euros for a skirt, 12 euros for a dress etc. so you can imagine that our spending money was depleted considerably because of this. The total bill for my ironing came to over 40 euros!!! but would have been double if I hadn't looked at my wardrobe and wore some of my clothes more than once....so if you are considering on visiting the hotel remember to take your own travel iron!!!

Just one more - I loved staying there but the decor is so depressing....the room we stayed in had hardly any natural light and it made me feel sad!!!.....if you read this how about just a hint of colour in your rooms - it would make such a difference....I can honestly say that it has put me off brown and beige for ever!!!

Room Tip: The whole hotel has darkened windows - couldn't see any balconies
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue j

Dear Sue
Thank you for your review and for your nice comments regarding the staff and our little peaceful island. We are sorry to read the design of the hotel wasn’t as you would have loved to but usually it is very appreciated by our guests. We noted down your comments as there is always room to improve. Thank you again and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I have had a lovely week on a beautiful island in a great hotel! I couldn't recommend the island more and will certainly return and stay in the same hotel on the same island.

The hotel is great with spacious rooms, well styled decor, good customer service/ staff and a fantastic location on Murano. The reason I have given only 4 stars (it would have been 4.5 if I could select that!) is because I didn't particularly like the hotel restaurant because it was quite formal, expensive and a small selection. However, I didn't actually eat in the restaurant so I cant comment on the quality of the food. I also didn't think that the 'Wellness Area' was worth the 10 euro extra charge. The gym has literally three pieces of equipment (running machine, cycle and leg press) in a space the size of the bathroom in my room and with a few people in there its a little cramped and awkward. I believe it should just be included in the price but accessible only by booking (to ensure it doesn't get overcrowded).

I was a little dubious about staying on Murano but I am 100% glad that I did. It is a beautiful island which has a more laid back charm and allows you to breathe and escape the chaos and heat of Venice. Its very easy to get into Venice main island either by using the hotel shuttle (which takes you to the nearest side so means quite a walk into the main tourist areas) or a lovely trip on the public boat service. The public boat service runs from straight outside the hotel (if you want to take the scenic route- San Marco in approx 60 minutes) or walk around the corner for the number 7 service which is direct into San Marco (20 mins).

The island is beautiful and there are actually quite a few other restaurants on the island (ignore a previous review that said there were only 2 restaurants on the island!). Some of these are only open in the day time but there are still a handful of choices in the evening. They are expensive... but everywhere in Venice is so you cant really escape this! If you are looking for a cheap and cheerful city break this isn't going to be the right destination for you. The glass shops/ factories/ workshops are a must see! I cant recommend Alessandro Mandruzzato workshop/ shop enough. A great family who are all involved in the business and if you ask nicely they may even show you the workshops and let you pick your own chunk of glass to be made into a beautiful gem!

A great trip! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are a great size
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClareLondonTraveller

Dear Clare

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the LaGare Hotel Venezia - MGallery by Sofitel.

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another magnifique journey with us.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel! Good service from the airport in a nice boat. Book in advance! Free schuttleservice by boat to Venice.
Good breakfast with hot and cold alternatives. Spacious rooms.
Very nice receptionservice. I would definitively go back if I go to Venice again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
LaGare_Hotels, Direttore generale at LaGare Hotel Venezia - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Monika

Thank you very much for this nice review! We are delighted to know you appreciated the whole experience and our reception service above all. We hope to have soon the chance to welcome you back!