Review Highlights
Best experience to see orangutans and enjoy wildlife

100% recommended! Best experience to see orangutans and wildlife with the best guide! Sandy was... read more

Reviewed 2 November 2018
Pescaooo
via mobile
Wonderful jungle experience with funny guides :)

The jungle tour in bukit lawang was one of my highlights! First I did the 2 day trek, where we... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2018
Linda H
via mobile

All reviews amazing experience thomas leaf monkeys take pictures trekking experience jungle trekking the river one night taking care plants and animals making sure these guys fruit sandi idris female village team
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My friend and I took the 3D2N trek and our guides were Sandi and Zanet. We had an amazing experience and saw a few orangutans, thomas leaf monkeys, a baboon and gibbon and some macaques. Our guides were very professional as we are all ladies in the group. We felt very safe in their company, and they were always cracking jokes so our trek was lots of fun. We especially liked the effort they put in for presentation of the fruits as well as making sure we were entertained after dinner (with Sandi's 'magic tricks') and exchanging stories. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 24 April 2018

It was one of the greatest experiences I ever made - perfectly organized and two great guides SANDI and ZANET, very helpfull, very nice and sweet and very fun, explaining everything and taking care of us each and every moment - we (4 friends) felt safe all the time!
We asked for vegetarian food and got the best fresh prepared food ever !!! I can only recommend to do such a trip and do it for more than 1 day - next time we will do for sure a 5 day trip - only have to get used to sleep on the very hard floor - but very fun evenings ;)
We saw OrangUtans and the guides brought us to places where we were all alone in the jungle - only them - us - orang utans and nature, waterfalls, mountains... everything!
These guides respect the wild and semi-wild orang utans, they dont feed them and don't touch them - exactly how it should be! We all loved the trip and we all want to come back <3

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank jfritsch2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I had an incredible trip into the Jungle. I flew into Medan and was able to get a relatively cheap taxi to Bukit Lawang. When I arrived I had no idea of where I was going, but my guide, Lilix, came and picked me up from the car and had my details to confirm that he was my guy.

The next day he introduced me to my guide (I forgot his name), and we spent the day trekking through the jungle. He was extremely knowledgeable and we saw over 6 orangutan! One of them even came incredibly close without any feeding and just through curiosity. The Nasi Goreng that was packed from home and brought to the Jungle was also on point. An incredible experience that i'll never forget!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This tour is honestly one of the most amazing experinces of my life. Seeing raw nature right in front of you in the wild so up close and personal is something words cant describe. We saw 5 diff types of monkeys and so many everyday! Not only was the nature unreal but our tour guide sandi was the best and his crew was so fun and friendly. The river rafting at the end was also a fun suprise. Sleeping on the jungle floor at night was the only real difficulty for me haha but they did provide tents and shelter and tried to make it as comfy as possible. The food was AMAZING and we were never hungry.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Perfect organization on time, nice guides always trying to make ourselves good, explained a lot of things and taking care of us making sure we had food. Totally recommend!!