“Spoons, but not greasy”

The King's Head Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Quick Bites in Beccles
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the centre of the Suffolk market town of Beccles, The Kings Head Hotel is an imposing building. The hotel has served visitors to the town for centuries and, following an extensive refurbishment is all set to embark on an exciting new era. While retaining the traditional character of the hotel, the restoration has brought the facilities bang up to date, providing high levels of comfort for visitors. The hotel has a total of 20 bedrooms, comprising four family rooms, two twin rooms, one room with disabled access and facilities and 13 double rooms. The rooms all feature an en suite bathroom, tea- and coffee-making facilities, TV and hair dryer.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Based in the centre of the town this Wetherspoons restaurant/pub provides a good cheap menu throughout the day and a wide range of drinks. It's unpretentious which is good for the town centre. It's even a great drop in for (unlimited) coffee in the morning.

Date of visit: May 2018
Kings H, Manager at The King's Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments, we hope you will continue to visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Three of us went to dinner on Friday night. We managed to find a table and a menu. The service was good and the meal arrived fairly quickly. We had the ham, egg and chips and fish and chips. Both meals were good and the ice cream was very good. There was a very friendly atmosphere and it was value for money.
Certainly worth a visit.

Date of visit: May 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and I hope you will come again.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

My husband and I visited The Kings Head around 3pm today and ordered 2 meals of fish and chips.What a disappointment.The fish was so incinorated we couldn t even cut it with a knife.We had a bad meal a few weeks ago when fish was overcooked but decided to give it another try.What a mistake .I suggest the manager speaks to chef or whoever is in charge in the kitchen to teach him or her to cook properly .We are normally regular Weatherspoons fans but will be giving them a wide berth in the future .

Kings H, Manager at The King's Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Bernard,

I am sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed the fish on your recent visits to our pub, but I can assure you this isn't our usual standard.

On Friday, when we offer our "Fish Friday" deal, we sell over 100 Freshly Hand-Battered Cod and Chips, and more throughout the week in addition to this.

I do hope you will come and try the fish again!

Kind Regards,
Jonny

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I have visited this establishment on many occasions since it opened, it has now gradually become more tatty and grubby with dirty carpets, and the staff are somewhat lacking in the finer points of service.
Called in with two relatives for lunch on 12 April, place was quite busy, having found a table which had just been vacated (43) but was still covered with crockery and debris, went to the bar and ordered food. Waitress removed the clutter from the table but failed to return to wipe all the sticky mess off.
Asked another member of staff (male) if the table could be cleaned, was told yes in a minute, no-one returned. Around half an hour later, managed to catch the same waiter and asked AGAIN for the table to be cleaned, his reply was, "oh didn't anyone come back to do it" we replied politely saying NO! He then returned a few moments later and cleaned it.
It was noticable that although the tables were cleared reasonably quickly, no-one appeared to be bothered to wipe them down at the same time.
I will have to review returning here unless things improve, what people think if they are staying in the Hotel side, and eat there I don't know.

Date of visit: April 2018
Kings H, Manager at The King's Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to the restaurant. I will pass your comments forward, however we do hope you will return for a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

First visit to Beccles, what a lovely town. Choice of places to eat and chose the Weatherspoons- Kings Head Hotel. Sat outside in the sunshine with our dog. Had 2 x panini ( 1 with salad & 1 with chips) and 2 x pints of lager. Food was well presented and tasty. Price was £12.30, bargain. Will be back.

Date of visit: March 2018

Thankyou for your lovely feedback! I am very pleased to hear you had a pleasant time with us. We hope to see you visit again in the future.