All reviews the river shuttle bus beautiful hotel ponte vecchio tuscan countryside main building breakfast buffet every hour linen sheets top notch first class attention to detail wine tasting sister hotel the hustle and bustle the wait staff city centre
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Very well run hotel. Staff are excellent at every level. Very convenient for Florence (15 minutes) with hourly hotel bus available. Beautiful country setting on the river Arno. Spacious rooms in classical old buildings. Good spa/very professional massage available. We thoroughly enjoyed 6 days at the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stefan0venturi, Direttore generale at Villa La Massa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Guest,

​T​hank you for your wonderful comments following your ​stay at Villa La Massa!

​I ​truly appreciate your thoughts and I am very glad to know​ that you enjoyed your 6 days with us.

The entire Team looks forward to welcoming you back soon,

My very best regards,

Stefano Venturi

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed here for 6 nights in April. The hotel wasn’t busy especially away from the weekend. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and everywhere was very well maintained and clean. Our room was a corner room on the second floor with beautiful views of the river. It was a reasonable size but not large. The bathroom was really lovely, large with a great shower and a fast filling bath. Loads of soft fluffy towels and toiletries though not branded. The maid was very, very good and always left our room beautifully serviced with clean linen everyday.

Another plus point was the complimentary bus into Florence with was comfortable and punctual with A/C.

The cons: at night you can hear trains and road traffic even though the hotel feels like it’s secluded. Maybe because it is in a valley? I was woken two mornings by the sound of gardening, not really early but it did wake me and on two mornings we were told they were clearing the breakfast buffet if we wanted anything else. Again not a big deal but the hotel was quiet and we never lingered so it seemed a bit unnecessary.

It was quite windy while we were there and at night the wind seemed to whistle around our corner room and with the windows open was very loud.

Finally, food and drink is very expensive even by London 5* hotel standards. Examples are 12 euros for a glass of milk and 42 euros for 2 G&Ts. We only ate one evening meal. Very formal, food was ok, but not amazing.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but next time (and we loved Florence, so I hope there will be a next time) I will stay in Florence itself or maybe further into the countryside.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gadgetgirlLondon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detail review on TripAdvisor following your stay at Villa La Massa, your comments are very much valued.

Very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay overall and rest assured that I will share your nice words with all the Hotel staff involved.

​I​ ​paid special attention to your comments regarding the gardening and also, the food and drink prices; Rest assured that all of our employees are regularly trained to satisfy Guests expectations.

Nevertheless, an additional briefing was organized to all members of staff in order to avoid uncomfortable situations with our valued Guests.

​I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Tuscan hills of Florence,

My very best regards,​

Stefano Venturi

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Nice property just outside Florence. Family and I stayed here over the summer. It was crazy hot in Florence 105F. We got a nice suite in the building that houses the breakfast buffet. The breakfast was very convenient and harty. Service was very good. Views were very nice.

The pool was fine, but cold even with the 105 temp.

Except for breakfast, we mostly ventured outside. Concierge gave us some good recommendations.

There is also a shuttle service to go in and out of Florence - took it a few times. Convenient.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PPSNYC
Reviewed 17 November 2017

A beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Only 15 minutes by the hotel shuttle to the centre of Florence. After the hustle and bustle of the city, to return to this oasis of calm is perfect. First class service from all staff members. The rooms are lovely. Mention by previous contributors of noise from traffic and trains I felt unnecessary , we hardly noticed it. Can't wait to return.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caveys2014
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful villa, amazing staff, amazing property and just all round heaven.

The shuttle takes you to the heart of Florence every hour which is perfect as the villa is set in the beautiful countryside.

I proposed to my girlfriend (now finance) and it was just perfect

Can't wait to return