All reviews chaweng beach deluxe villa shallow water quiet end of the beach the bean main building pool area walk along the beach tuk tuk direct access to the beach happy hour is cocktail party hustle bustle beach bag hotel is located koh samui rent a scooter
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed in Casa De Mar for 4 nights in a double room. The resort is very nice and clean. The pool is big and wasn't busy at this time. Plenty of nice sunbeds facing the sea and easy access to the beach. The restaurant was good, serving a decent buffet breakfast and food reasonably priced food throughout the day. The staff were very nice and always helpful.

The complimentary pickup from the airport is very handy and saved myself from wasting time looking for a taxi.

Location wise, this area is quiet but close enough to Chaweng bar areas to not be an issue, just take a tuk tuk to the town centre. There is also a good foreign exchange/ laundry service/ bike hire near by and a few restaurants which become very useful if you plan to stay for a while.

The only gripe I had was the bathroom layout. It could be just the room I had or only in the main building (as the ones in the huts seems to be fine), but the toilet is positioned in such a way that it was uncomfortable to sit on.

I probably would have given this place 4.5 if that was possible.

Trip type: Travelled solo
The Journey bar C, Manager at Casa De Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Dear Vinh L

Thanks you so much for the wonderful feedback and fantastic review on TripAdvisor.com. It's very kind of you to take the time to share your experience and we hope we'll have another opportunity to give you another slice of Chaweng Beach.

We do apologize for inconvenience caused you about the bathroom.We will difinitely take the comment renovate our accommodation in order to ensure that more better than.
Please accept my sincere apologize that the room managed to detract so much.

We do hope to welcome you back here for a future holiday.

Best Regrads
Casa De Mar Team

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Secluded away from the main section of Chaweng, the hotel, pool and restaurant are very peaceful...The staff was very accommodating and gracious, rooms were clean and comfortable.

You will need to rent a scooter or take a taxi to get to the main section of Chaweng where most of the restaurants and bars are.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear socnty

Thank you so much for your great comments on TripAdvisor.com. We are so sure that our team will be so happy to hear fabulous compliments from you.

Also, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and love everything here.
We hope that Koh Samui and Casa De Mar Koh Samui will be still in your plan for your next visit.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need any further assistance your next holiday.

Once again, thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Casa De Mar Koh Samui Team

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Very good, clean hotel! Staff were helpful and friendly. Great location! You are right on the beach but cannot access the beach from the hotel unless you don't mind getting wet or use a ladder. Also free transfers from and to airport

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Journey bar C, Manager at Casa De Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear CunninghamLJ. Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor. We are so happy you enjoyed our friendly welcome and service. We hope you'll choose Casa De Mar Samui the next time. This was during high tide which makes inconveniences for go to the Beach. We need to apologize for inconveniences.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I cannot get over how nice the staff are here. So welcoming and helpful! I would stay here again.
Room was clean and modern and set up very nicely with a heart made out of rose petals for our anniversary.
The bar/restaurant/sun lounger area took my breath away. Right on the sea front with a brillant view of the island and lovely tree to set the mood.
You have steps down to walk straight into the sea and the beach.
Whats kl is that you can walk knee deep for ages out to sea! So bizarre to be so far from land but still standing.
Happy hour from 12-1 and 5-6. Buy 1 get 1 free. Around 200 baht for a cocktail.
Breakfast was a great selection and had a chef to make you omlettes or pancakes.
We were there for loy krathong so we had a class to make these nice decorations you light the candle and incense sticks and push out to sea.
On the same night we went to the special dinner menu setup for only 500 baht pp.
Great mood lighting and decorations.
If you walk up to the main street you can get a tuk tuk for 200 baht to main party strip. (Just say how much to hard rock).
This will probably cost you 300 baht on the way home from a late night of partying. Which stops at 2am (club closing).
Anyway.
There is also a gym if you want to work off some of the holiday weight...
Great hotel!
Cheers,
Dex

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Dexlr. Thank you for so much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor."It's all about the personal and location" and so glad to know you have enjoyed your holiday with us, hope we will have a chance to see you again in a very near future and I believe the next stay will be the same or even better.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed in room 108 close to pool. I think this property is for budget travellers because the places I usually stay at don't treat me this poorly.

Sadly this hotel was booked by a colleague staying at Casa Mia down the street. Given the choice, I would opt for somewhere else.

Prior to checking in, I was informed by the taxi driver that he required payment. No problem, 400฿.

The hotel provides one way transfer only to or from the hotel. Rather idiotic if you ask me.

Transfer both ways or not at all. Clearly, this is the local fodder making executive decisions. But more on that at the end of this rant.

At checkin and during the facility/hotel/property tour, I asked for 10 bottles of the hotel water (willing to pay fairly for this and clearly stated that I would pay for tjis) and was blown off by the staff saying that I could use the minibar. (First bad sign).

Rooms themselves are not equipped with fans, only an A/C unit so if you are prone to mosquito bites, expect to look like a leper by morning.

Stay was ok, water from minibar was not replenished first day so we opted to purchase water from the mini-mart on the way back in from town so to not inconvenience the hotel staff.

Finally, upon checkout, apparently asking the hotel to take me down the road and drop me off at another property was unheard of.

Their strict policy is to only pick up and drop off from the airport with their lopsided transfer service.

They didn't even offer to quote me a price to get transport. Rather I think they would like to see customers jump off a nearby cliff.

Again wasting customers' time, having to arrange alternate transport to the next venue.

Overall, there's a certain type of traveler that will accept these conditions. The impoverished, the budget traveler, the retiree.

I value my time more than anything and given the chance to stay at this property for free again, I would rather chew my left foot off and light myself on fire.

1  Thank tinhead2

Dear tinhead2

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your experience and feedback at Casa De Mar Samui on TripAdvisor.com.

We sincerely apologize for all inconvenince caused. We will definitely take all the comments and improve them in order to ensure that all the service will meet our guests.

We are looking forward with pleasure to welcoming you back to Samui.