Review Highlights
Relive the Biblical Experience

This was the religious center of Israel before Jerusalem. This is the place where the Tabernacle... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2018
Henry099
Los Angeles, California
So much history! A must-see!

Having just read through the early books of the Old Testament, Shiloh was definitely a must-see... read more

Reviewed 25 May 2018
Jewelsworld
Chicago

All reviews excellent presentation gift shop archaeological site movie archaeology jews highlights tel bible israel sites history tabernacle
Reviewed 1 May 2018

My travel group visited Tel Shiloh in late April. I hadn't been there for three years, and was quite impressed with the improvements of presentation and number of new places and artifacts displayed. This is an area of tremendous biblical significance, for example, it's where the Mishkan -- the Tabernacle -- rested for several hundred years. We were led around by a local, knowledgeable guide who spoke fluent English. Yup, there is a gift shop. One note: TripAdvisor states Tel Shiloh is in "Ariel" and the "Palestinian Territories". Tel Shiloh adjoins the Israeli town of Shiloh. Ariel is another, much larger Israeli city. And Tel Shiloh is actually in Area C, the Israeli area on the West Bank designated by the 1993 Oslo Accords, signed by Israeli and Palestinian leaders at the White House.

Date of experience: April 2018
3  Thank urbanwalker2
Reviewed 23 November 2017

This is our 4th visit to Shiloh. It gets better every time. But this time was so amazing because they opened up a brand new restaurant called Merlot. Every year we worry about what we are going to eat there as all they had to offer was a grocery store of cold food or a pizza place. But now they have a 5 star restaurant in this tiny town of Shiloh that can rival any restaurant in Jerusalem! We had the most amazing eggplant appetizer, fettuccini in pesto cream sauce, salmon salad with a mustard dressing that really blew us away and an Asian salmon dish and a greek feta shakshuka. Wow - it was all so fabulous that we ate every bit of every dish. The chef, Igal, was trained at a culinary institute in Israel and he is excellent. The server, Rebecca, was adorable and so sweet and kind and helpful. The entire experience was a joy and we cannot wait to go back and try the chocolate soufflé. We had to leave to make sure to see all of Shiloh before the sun set -but we could have stayed another hour in Merlot having desserts and coffee. We highly recommend Merlot!

Date of experience: November 2017
3  Thank waycoolangel
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I have visited Tel Shilo more than once. And each time I have visited, the presentation has gotten better and better. The sight has great Biblical and Historical significance. And the movie presentation is a must see.

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank RabbiGuide
Reviewed 21 July 2017

one of the best biblical places you can still see the settlements. Lots of interesting sites in the area and a beautiful shop and café to eat and have drinks there

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank lyndadarnell1
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I absolutely loved this place. I named my daughter after it and had always wanted to visit. I was not disappointed. There is a nice little cafe/gift shop as well where I got a lovely latte. Fantastic history and lovely gardens to sit and think. So much history and I would definitely return.

Date of experience: May 2017