2,367 results
All reviews entertainment team the cave bar piano bar pool area thomas cook self service evening entertainment sea view bar staff plenty of sunbeds relaxing holiday plenty of choice salad small bay free safe tapas restaurant floor room
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel quietly situated which was just what we needed. The rooms clean and turned over daily, although hotel needs updating. Pool area clean and no problem getting sunbed which were comfortable. Staff ok neither friendly or rude but non plus. Food terrible, bland and warm at best, after day three had had enough. Entertainment staff friendly and great fun and mingled with all customers in a positive and appropriate manner. Enjoyed but unsure I would return purely due to the food but did enjoy my stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paul F
kate p, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Cala Vinas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Paul
Thank you for your review and we are so sorry to hear that there were certain areas where you were not happy. We will use your comments to improve and do better.
Hope you would consider us again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The hotel is ok and the views are outstanding. The pool area was good, clean and plenty of sunbeds (even for those of us that didn't make it down until 10.30!)
The staff were a bit of a mixed bag, some friendly and hard working, others not so much so.
The Blue bar/cave bar was a lovely place to sit on an evening, but if you want activity go to the pool bar, although the evening entertainment was pretty dire. the best night was when they bought in the outside act,a Boney M tribute act, they were brilliant.
The food was plentiful, although not hot, at best just warm. There was rarely anything vegetarian to eat, unless you want salad and chips every day. I was told by a chef that a particular dish was vegetarian, so had that, but upon closer inspection, it was laden with ham. Thankfully it was spotted before being eaten. If the kitchen put on a couple of veggie main dishes a day, I'm sure they would be enjoyed by all.
Sadly there is no outside eating area, which is unusual and a shame.
On an environmental note, I was astounded by the sheer volume of one use plastic cups being used. I understand that glass and bare feet are not a good combo, but could reusable plastic beakers not be used instead? I was also horrified at the amount that were going straight into the sea as soon as a gentle breeze was about. Why not put a 12 inch Perspex/glass barrier around the base of the pool side area to catch roll-away's before they end up in our already over loaded oceans.
To finish on a good note, I would like to thank the hotel for my complimentary bottle of Cava, and fruit basket delivered to our room for my birthday, it was a lovely gesture. Thank you.
All in all a good, relaxing and peaceful week was enjoyed.

Room Tip: Mid level sea view are I would think the best.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zoe M

Dear Zoe,
Thank you so much for your very detailed review and it is reviews like this that we can use to work on and do better. We are looking at the plastic glass issue and try to keep improving every day.
We hope you will visit us again when you want that relaxing break.
Kind regards

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This was our first trip to a Thomas Cook Sentido Hotel and on reflection it was exactly what I thought it would be.

The hotel itself and the restaurant and bar staff are excellent.

Previous posts have said that the food was repetitive , I can’t agree with this as there were 7 or 8 starters and main courses every night. It was only repetitive if you filled your trough with everything. The food itself was excellent, I would recommend that you go for dinner at 7 or 8pm as the food is hot when it is first put out and is refreshed from time to time.

I would recommend the all inclusive as there are many choices for eating out near the hotel, particularly in the low season.

Food caters for the British but does also have some Spanish dishes which my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Our room was on the level below the restaurant and bar (level 4). This can be noisy at breakfast time as the chair scraping can be heard clearly in the room. If you are given a room on level 4 and don’t like to be woken up early then get a different room.

The room itself was nice enough, I think ours was a disabled room as it appeared that we had a wet room, at least the floor constantly flooded when we were in the shower.

Definitely get a sea view room it is really nice, there is nothing to look at on the other side of the hotel.

Entertainment was provided by the entertainment team which was disappointing, most evenings consisted of a quiz of some type and day time entertainment was “killer pool”, shooting (2 air rifles and you get 3 shots each), paper air plane making, water volleyball.
We participated a little but did feel awkward in the fact that the reps clearly asked the same people to participate all the time and that we were almost intruding.

The reps also seemed to find it amusing to throw each other in the pool from time to time (this was witnessed at least twice whilst we were there). Hardly professional.

The hotel itself does seem to attract hen parties, there were three staying when we were there, one of which clearly had no consideration for the other guests, at no time was this addressed by the hotel staff.

The pool is nice but very cold, there is however a lovely sandy beach a 2-3 minutes walk away.

If you want to escape the hotel it is a 20 minute walk to Magaluf or 5 euros.

I would not recommend the bus, going to Magaluf was fine as it cost 1.5 euros. The return journey stops at the occidental hotel on the other side of the bay which is a five minute walk back to the hotel. If you want to stay on the bus it is another 1.5 euros. So if there are at least two of you it is actually cheaper to get a taxi back to the hotel.

In summary the hotel caters for British clientele and is in a lovely location, if you can lay on a sunbed and ignore the hen parties and entertainments the this could be a good option.

I bought 6 nights on Expedia and got a good deal, I note to stay in June/July on an all inclusive can cost a couple of thousand pounds, I have stayed a number of 5 star hotels in June/July for this sort of money which would be better value.

Would I come back here? Hard to say as it was some of the other guests and the entertainment that lets the place down.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve295

Dear Steve
Thank you for your review, and you great feedback. As we have said in other responses reviews like this really do help us improve. We can investigate and act on all the comments made.
We do hope you would consider us again in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Just got back from our wonderful holiday cannot fault this hotel. Very clean all staff were very hard working. Room lovely with amazing views.all bars are fab especially the blue bar. In the restaurant there is plenty of choice at every meal time the food was gorgeous. Amelia Lottie Jessica Fraser and Lesley the animation team were very friendly and very talented. They put on some really good shows. We also enjoyed the other entertainment ABBA mowtown night and especially Keenan arrison. It was nice in the piano bar as well listening to the piano player. A special mention to Lottie for her exercise classes everyday. The pool area was really nice again with amazing views watching different ships going into Palma. All round holiday was fantastic will be returning

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacqueline W
kate p, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Cala Vinas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Jacqueline
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about you fantastic holiday with us, and that you enjoyed the Blue Bar and of course our entertainment, we try to keep everything very varied.
Most important is that you will be returning, so we hope to welcome you back very soon.
All the best

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

From start to finish we had an amazing time!!! The hotels location to beach and sea was magical. The pool was lush and only a few steps and your in the sea swimming over to the beach!!

The location of hotel is very quiet and peaceful but with nice walks around and a few shops it has what you need. Only €5 in a taxis and you are in Magaluf, and €6 Palma Nova.

The standard of the hotel was excellent and no complaints from any of us. The food was good although as with any all inclusive buffet after 4 days we were ready for a change .

The daytime snacks could have been better but all in all no complaints.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank C1KCR

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very honest review. We are pleased that you had a good birthday trip and have mentioned the location of our hotel. We think we have one of the best spots also.
We do hope you will come back and visit us again for the next celebrations.
All the best