See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2016

A lovely hotel tucked away in manilva.hotel is run separately from bar and restaurant,but host of bar and restaurant is excellent and will accommodate any need of the guests from late night food on arrival till early morning breakfast service.rooms are spacious and two bathrooms are an added extra!!
Air conditioning to do with up grading...but who complains about the hot weather!!
Perfect family retreat!!

Room Tip: Definately excellent for families with young children,but would definitely need a car
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2016

On arrival we were told the restaurant and bar were not open.Our idea of a perfect week was to self cater for breakfast and brunch,a meal in the restaurant,couple of drinks in the bar and bed with a book.We just wanted to laze by the pool during the day.
We were offered our money back but it has taken 3 weeks to return the money.We lost a day finding another hotel and moved out the morning after booking in.The hotel has charged us for the night we spent there even though we had to taxi into Sabinilles as it is too far to walk for 2 pensioners(76 and 70 years) and virtually impossible for most people to walk back up the hill.
Very disappointed with the way this was handled.No compensation offered for spoiling our week and what rubbishing story that they could not return the money to my Debit Card.Had to send bank account number.
If you don't like cats then go elsewhere as the place is over run with them.Even had to chase one out our room.

Room Tip: No tips except choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tctonyclarke
Reviewed 11 June 2016

We have just spent 17 nights here and were very pleasantly surprised. We arrived on we 23rd May 2016 and greeted by Martin who was both friendly and polite. We were up graded to a larger apartment with sea view , large terrace and fully equipped kitchen. It was very clean and bit dated but comfortable. A car is needed as it's a steep climb up hill from the beach , bars and restaurants. We can recommend this aparthotel if you are looking for value for money holiday.

Room Tip: We were in block B Room 105
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This place should be called pueblo el grotty . Look don't get me wrong it was ok . The apartment was clean and the swimming pool was also cleanish . Most of the blocks of flats are owned by Spanish and use it as retreat after work or weekends , so the first couple of days we had the pool area to ourself a and 1 other English family . The bad bits , the amount of the families that bought dogs with them , the amount of wild cats around the complex , one day I counted 16 in the rubbish bins , the location , top of a hill with not a lot else around , the restaurant that was non existent which meant you either cooked with the very limit tools on the apartment or got a taxi / drove down to the nearest town . I don't mind basic but this went beyond that , not even a kettle in the kitchen , saying that I needed a rest which I sort of got , the kids enjoyed it , sort of , would I go again ......never .

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

First of all I would just like to say that were I writing this review three years ago it would have been pretty favourable as although it was by no means perfect it was clean, basic and staffed by friendly helpful staff. What a difference 36 months makes! It is now shabby, down at heel and staffed by apathetic unhelpful staff, 90% of whom speak no language other than Spanish. My particular gripe is WiFi. When I was here before WiFi functioned although you had to be in the lounge to use it. This time we were promised two levels, a basic system which was free albeit slow and a "premium" service that promised superior signal strength - at a price. Don't believe it! Having shelled out for 24 hours usage an hour of futility trying to achieve a connection achieved precisely zilcho and I am now faced with having to descend from our hilltop eyrie into Estepona in search of an internet cafe- totally unacceptable in this age of (almost) universal telecommunication. Never again. You've been warned. A more fulsome review will follow when I'm home and in a better frame of mind.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends