All reviews hobie cats family style other guests coffee and juice every morning belize city dive master lagoon side scuba diving ocean front fish minute boat ride rum punch oceanfront cabana mayan ruins cave tubing blue hole
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The people make you feel so comfortable, very friendly and accommodating. The food was amazing, I felt fine and none of the other guests complained but it didn't seem to sit well with my husband. That said, the little huts are perfect for a rustic adventure as we love camping and outdoors but when you aren't feeling well air conditioning that cools the whole room and takes the humidity down is crucial. These do let the wind and geckos through in a rustic way.

Room Tip: shut the door to the bathroom to make the A/C more effective... but its not getting down to 70 in there either way
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2016

SERVICE: I booked myself solo for a week of scuba diving, and it felt like being part of the family. Beach BBQ, bonfires, ping pong with the staff, stiff drinks from Lucy, and someone checking in on me every few hours. Really happy with the service.

CABANAS: I highly recommend the ocean front cabanas. Views can't be beat. The ocean breeze makes them less stuffy than the overwater bungalows, and all of them are renovated, clean and comfortable. Definitely worth the extra money.

PROPERTY: Stunning. The beach is dreamy. There's hammocks to relax everywhere and docks for stargazing, jumping into the ocean or just watching the sunset.

SCUBA DIVING: I felt incredibly well taken care of by Jose and Alvin all week. My equipment was ready, the reef in front of the property is expansive and largely untouched, and you could spend an entire week just exploring the waters outside of St. George Caye. Hugely recommend the Blue Hole dive or snorkel trip, too.

Room Tip: Ocean front cabanas are a must.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank janettanastasia
Amy M, Public Relations Manager at St. George's Caye Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thanks for sharing your great diving experience with Jose and Alvin, especially on the reef in front of St. George's Caye. We love being the only dive resort in the area so we have the dive sites to ourselves! Glad to hear you enjoyed your oceanfront cabana and being a part of the island family for a week. Come back and see us sometime!

Reviewed 9 May 2016

This island is magical. Staff is amazing, grounds are beautiful, food is great. We hated to leave. The overwater bungalow was peaceful and perfect - exceeded our expectations. Awesome snorkeling and kayaking and met so many new friends. No need to bring a sweater or anything fancy. Just go! Prepared to be spoiled. Leave your phone at home. No TV or clocks just wonderful Rum Punch and relaxation ... A hidden gem. Thank you for a fantastic week.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2016

You know that uncomfortable feeling you have when you travel to a foreign place for the first time and you really only have comments and reviews from strangers to go by....well that is exactly where I was when we left Houston for our honeymoon in Belize staying at St. George's Caye (Key) Resort. I am pleased to assure anyone who reads this that all is PERFECT at the all inclusive resort.

From the instant we left the security of the airport, our ride was there to pick my new wife and I from the airport, along with two other couples staying at the resort. Next was the 20 minute boat ride to the island which really made us feel like we were really going to an exclusive spot. With only the one resort and a couple of private properties on the island, we were able to have the peaceful dream honeymoon that we desired. The other guests were also very friendly. The resort staff was very attentive without being "on top of us" always asking if we needed anything and Oliver even went as far as to check if we wanted to fill one of our days with any excursions. I cannot express how attentive the entire staff was; even the ones that we did not see, ie. those cleaning our cabana, the cooking staff, ect.

Our cabana #11 was great. overlooking the beach with the breeze coming from the sea while swinging on the hammock on the porch. Oh the memories.

The two excursions we took were the Belize Culture Tour and the Lamanai (Mayan) Tour. Both very nice and cultural. Thank you Paul for sharing your country with us and thank you Nathanial for sharing your history with us. I cannot say enough about these two guides.

Room Tip: For us, definitely the Beach Cabana
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hermocillomj
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at St. George's Caye resort this past January. Our trip was nothing short of wonderful. The staff at the resort are so friendly and helpful; they spare no effort in making sure guests are comfortable. I had a short notice fellowship interview during our stay and they made sure I had access to a WiFi connection. They truly go above and beyond. The food was delicious and different at every meal. The marine wildlife around the island was pretty incredible, we saw dozens of different fish species snorkeling off of the resort dock. We will certainly be coming back to St. George's Caye and bringing friends!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple