All reviews big hill every other day great holiday pine trees tennis courts bed apartment cala llonga beach steep walk plenty of sunbeds lifeguard on duty few issues booked last minute animation team fussy eater just returned from a week bar staff evening entertainment
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our holiday to the montemar. However the hotel has mixed reviews, it was absolutely huge so if you are in a room that is far from the centre or in one of the very high up rooms and you have little legs or a buggy with you, it can be a challenge. We were lucky enough to have a fabulous room location however our room was very basic. It was perfectly manageable but it wasn't a beautiful room when we arrived. The main pool is very deep however the children's pool is fantastic! The all inclusive food is as you'd expect, it wasn't amazing but we managed to find something to eat every day, depends how fussy you are with eating (I'm very fussy but managed!) The local area is beautiful, short walk to the beach/shops however it's all uphill to come back but it's a lovely walk. Hotel staff had limited English so was difficult at times asking for information and directions. We personally didn't have any major issues when we were there but spoke to 2 families who did and they both said the management were very unhelpful. There aren't many excursions that are child friendly for little ones so it was a very 'pool' holiday for us. Beach was lovely but the walk back uphill with sandy little ones isn't easy. Overall we had a lovely holiday and made some lovely memories but it's nice to be prepared. The children's pool was definitely a huge selling point and if you have little ones it was very quiet and shallow enough for them. Nice holiday, the kids loved it!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank clairesherrington0
HotelesGlobales, Hoteles Globales Customer Service Department. at Globales Montemar Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear customer,

Thanks flor letting us know than in overall you enjoyed your staying with us, thanks for highlighting the nice kids pool, glad to know they enjoyed it.
We will investigate about the comment regarding to the hotel staff, at Globales we take the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and this will help us to improve our services. We doubled our staffing over the last weeks and we will check our procedures to ensure our guests are receiving a good customer services.
Thank you again for the time you took on writing this comment, and we hope to see you back soon at Hoteles Globales.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week last week with my friend. Before traveling the reviews made us both very anxious. After arriving we actually had no problems. Our room however was in block M so we had loads of stairs to climb daily which was a negative but our room was clean and spacious with clean towels every second day and the bed changed 4 times out the 7 days and it had a massive balcony but had not smells.
The food was typical all inclusive buffet type and could always find something to eat. The pool area was clean and the decor in the restaurant was modern and clean. Couldn’t fault this hotel on a honest opinion it is a typical 3 * so don’t expect 4* as you won’t get it. The hotel offers a mini bus to the beach daily too.
Loads of sun beds so no need to fight for a space. Over all good chilled out holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank sashley29

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your comment, we are glad to see that you enjoyed your staying with us.
Thank you for highlighting the spacious room, the cleanliness and the nice pool and restaurant.
We are working very hard to improve our services and offer the best customer experience.
We thank you again for the time in writing your comment and hope to see you back again at Hoteles Globales.

Globales Social Media Team

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We are not usually people that complain about stuff on holiday but I felt I had to let people know what this hotel is like, because if I had of read a few more reviews like this, I would of thought twice about going!
Cala longa itself is lovely, it’s a very small town but the beach is nice and was perfect for what we wanted, we didn’t want to go to a really busy place.
We did have a lovely holiday and we met a lot of nice people, although this was as a result of many issues with the hotel.
This was felt by every guest we spoke to at the hotel, literally everyone had issues with something.
The big thing was the customer service. The receptionists are not very friendly or helpful, some are rude and give you false promises. Their English was not great either so was hard for them to understand everything in great detail. I’m very chatty and my partner also says I talk to everyone but it was hard to become friendly with these people.
One man we spoke to said he was complaining about something and one of the female managers laughed in his face! I think they had so many complaints they just didn’t know what to do but that is so rude!
We actually booked the hotel directly through them, however we did see the tui rep that started there that week and I felt so sorry for her because she was just bombarded with complaints, she was finding it very hard.

So.... On arrival at the hotel, between 2-3am we got dropped off at the bottom of the hill and had to walk with our cases up the road. We later found out that’s because not all of the buses are allowed up the road. Can’t see why really as there’s plenty of room to turn around.
It took us a while to get checked in as there was only 1 guy on reception, then he finally took us up to our room. Now the rooms are scattered about up a big hill, which means lots and lots of steps and certainly no lift! Our room turned out to be block L right near the top of the hill, which meant lugging all of our suitcases and bags up was extremely hard, with our 7 year old daughter and especially being 6 months pregnant!
As soon as we opened the door to the room it absolutely stunk, I’ve never smelt a room like it. Then soon realised when we sat on the bed that everything was wet, the whole room was completely damp and that’s what we could smell!
My partner went back down to reception to complain but came back up with clean sheets he had been given and said they haven’t got any more rooms for us to go in. So I went down to reception myself and ended up crying as there was no way being pregnant especially I was going to sleep in a smelly damp room! The guy amazingly found a key to another room and I went to check it out in block J.
After inspection I thought everything felt dry and at least I would be able to finally go to sleep. We moved our bags in but when it came to getting into bed and pulling back the top cover, we realised the bed was also a bit damp underneath. It wasn’t as bad as the first room but we had to sleep on towels. I couldn’t really sleep and started to google other hotels until 5am.
When we got up, we went and complained about the room again. They said they would see what they could do and let us know later. We got to breakfast just before 10am, we managed to grab a few bits but they started clearing everything away very quickly at 10am on the dot and wouldn’t even let me get a cup of tea. After my horrendous night I just wanted a cup of tea, I was in tears again, so my partner went and demanded that they turn the machine back on so I could have one.
We later found out they had another room for us but had to wait until 3pm. We both went up to fully check it and they had upgraded us to a better room which was also not so high up in block H. We were very happy with the new room, it was really modern and a lot newer than the other rooms and definitely was not damp!! So we decided to stay for the week. It was a lady called Hanneke who showed us the room, she was very lovely and helpful.
The hotel itself has got the potential to be a really good hotel, it looks very nice but there are many issues with it at the moment which is what really lets it down!
For example, we were given 3 new blue pool towels to shower with in our room but they left blue fluff all over you, so I had to ask for some proper bath towels and hand towels. That didn’t happen, so I had to track down the cleaners (who didn’t really speak English) and try and explain that I needed some towels. They told me to go back to the room and they would come but I said I would wait there until they return, as I felt they would not of shown up otherwise. The lady looked very awkward but eventually came back with some towels for me. I later found out that they did not have enough towels for everyone in the hotel, they had run out! Apparently it used to be a self catering hotel but is now all inclusive and they clearly haven’t prepared for it at all.
Our room was not cleaned at all the whole week, I had to go and find a couple of toilet rolls to keep us going.
On day 5 I asked reception to have our room cleaned, she rang the cleaners and said yes that’s fine. It never happened.
The next morning i asked the same lady what was going on, she said it would be done today because the cleaners come in the morning (this is not the case as they are there all day!) but they half cleaned the room anyway. I think they replaced the toilet roll, took our white towels away again and replaced with the pool ones (which I was outraged about after the battle to get them!) and made the bed ( they didn’t change the sheets)
If you’re going to clean the room, at least do it properly! I gave up in the end as we were leaving the next day but it was the principal!
The food over the week was not great. The choice and variation was very limited! There was not a lot for kids. Our daughter ate mostly plain pasta all week and was not happy. I managed to pick out a few bits that were alright here and there but I also ate a lot of pasta with sauce as knew that would be ok.
They did some kind of chicken nugget which looked like a croquet potato and had gooey stuff inside it, it was not nice. God knows what’s in it! There weren’t even chips on offer which is what every kid loves on holiday.
Towards the end of the week (I think after all the complaints from everyone, maybe they took it on board) they made some swirly potato things which were really good, we all liked them.
The pizza they made was terrible, it didn’t even look like a proper pizza and a couple of nights they covered it with green beans and a few prawns! Has anyone ever heard of green bean pizza?? I haven’t.
They cook a lot of fish on the grill which stunk, so we had to sit outside a lot but a lot of people were smoking which wasn’t nice.
The cooked breakfast was alright once or twice but quite often the sausages looked like they were still breathing and the bacon looked under cooked etc so we didn’t eat it, I didn’t want to get ill!
I stuck to pancakes or toast and fruit.
There were never enough staff in the restaurant as there were never many clean tables, they would often have run out of cutlery or plates!! They couldn’t turn it around quick enough for the amount of people there were.
We decided to eat out a couple of times so we could enjoy some nice food.
We ate at the small cafe overlooking the beach a couple of mornings and enjoyed a lovely English big breakfast and tea. And in the evening we went to papaya one night a beach bar/restaurant, we all had burger and chips, it was amazing!!
And flippers which is very popular, I had a gorgeous fillet steak, my partner had chicken wings and the little one had chicken nuggets, chips and beans so she was very happy!

Going back to the hotel, The snack bar is the worst I’ve ever come across. It’s outside near the pool in a little help yourself display. It gets left sitting there all afternoon and again does not even look cooked. We did not touch anything there. We had to buy bags of crisps and our snacks instead.
Now the pool itself is very nice, a bit cold but manageable, it’s a good size and clean which is the main thing. However they have a life guard who is very annoying, she watches you to see what you are doing and their rule is no floats in the pool and no drinks or snacks by the pool. Everyone around the pool could not believe this as we had all paid a lot of money to go on holiday, somewhere to have fun and relax, since when was it ilegal to have a rubber ring in the pool. So we just took it in every now and then, despite getting told off by the lifeguard. And everyone boycotted and took their drinks to their sunbeds anyway as they were served in plastic cups! It was so ridiculous.
There is a little red mini bus that runs you down to the beach and back every half an hour, so it saves you walking up the hill, it’s pretty good but doesn’t always turn up on time or at all.
The entertainment wasn’t great really. We had to sit in a big room, it was like being at butlins. A couple of the performances were good, they had on some dancers who were very good and enjoyable to watch. But in general the disco for the kids I thought was a bit rubbish. Our daughter didn’t want to join in, whereas last year where we went she was up dancing and stuff all night.
The guy who did the entertainment however was very nice, I think they just don’t have much to work with.

I think if this hotel improves its customer service and changes certain things then like I say, it could be a really lovely hotel.
We just made it what it was and still had a lovely time but I would not recommend this hotel at the moment.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hayleyb100

Dear Hayley

Thank you so much for the time in writing your comment.
We deeple regret you did not enjoyed your staying with us. We have been working very hard during the last weeks to improve our services, changed the hotel management and doubled the staffing, and take for grant that we will take your review in consideration to improve all our services.
We take the satisfaction our our customers very seriously and we will investigate your comments to address any procedure.
We apologise for any inconvenience during your staying and thank you for highlighting our kind partner Haneke

Thank you again for your comments, we will do everything in our hand to improve the staying of our customers and we hope that you can trust us again in a near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

My family of 7 adults stayed at Globales Montemar for 10 days, the 9th-19th of June 2018. Our coach transfer was very quick and left us at the bottom of a hill, which we expected from other reviews. Check in wasn't bad and we were left to find our rooms. My room with my Partner was F04 at the very bottom of the complex and down quite a lot of stairs, my other party members were spread throughout the complex.

Our room was surprisingly nice and fresh looking on our first inspection, the bathroom was large. There was a very musty smell, akin to swimming baths changing rooms, but turning on the air con to get cold, fresh air in would solve that problem until you turned it off again. We had a very large TV in our room. A sofa, which I think could be turned into a bed. Sliding wardrobe housing a safe you needed to pay extra for. The bed wasn't too bad, I really didn't (and never do) like the sheets they give you to sleep in, in European countries, so I delighted to find a thin duvet in the wardrobe I could use.

Our room was cleaned twice whilst we were there for 10 days, as for some reason the cleaners wouldn't knock if they saw we were inside. They did attempt to come and clean a third time, but it was very early and my partner was still in bed, so I managed to ask her for some towels, which she gave to us. The room did get a bit grotty, but we had no problems with towels and ended up with more than we needed. There was also a very nice complimentary toiletries bag full of goodies, which I found a good touch. Shower was powerful - too powerful for the shower tray and water would over spill so you could only have it on slightly else water would go everywhere and eventually over spill the bottom tray.

The pool is very large and mostly quite clean, however there were the odd days when there were lots of bugs. No fault to the staff as I had seen them every morning cleaning the pool meticulously.

On our first day round the pool, I was struck with how many wasps there were and unfortunately got stung by one on my first day. After getting stung, this really ruined my ability to relax by the pool. I'd read from other reviews about not allowing drinks by the pool, however this was overlooked on our stay, so it meant there was a lot of sugary drinks the wasps would swarm to. I felt unable to sit around the pool for lengths of time and I was scared of getting stung again. I did eventually try the roof terrace/solarium which had significantly less wasps and found I was able to relax more up there. There was some inflatables in the pool that were allowed.

There is a kids pool which we had a look at, and looked sweet with a little slide and splash pool. Sun loungers also around the area for Parents. Quite far removed though it you wanted a drink! Kids entertainment was also on.

The bar itself was plentiful and never ran out of drinks. The food food round the bar wasn't the best every time, but good for a quick snack if you're hungry in between meals or missed a meal.

The main restaurant for me was very hit and miss. I think the layout of the buffet meant that everyone was bottle-nosed into one small area. As for other guests, I'm not entirely sure they understand what the concept of waiting is and not pushing in line or glaring at you if you do anything - not Globales fault, but geeze people calm down! You should have seen the chaos when chips were put down. I had some days where I only ate some bread and butter and other days I would go up for more than one plate, it was very mixed and I found myself very hungry some days. The food in general was quite good, not very much variety, but no all inclusive can cater to everyone!! Breakfast was probably the best meal. We are aware Globales is taking steps to rectify the issues in the restaurant. A lot of the glasses and plates were very dirty and seemed on some days only one lady to clear all the dirty plates and reset the tables, towards the end of our stay, there were more staff helping.

The walk down to Cala Llonga took us around 10 minutes and the beach is very nice, if you're planning on spending the day, go down early to get a bed. I can't quite remember the prices but think it was around 6 euros per bed and 6 euros for an umbrella. The sea is lovely and clear. There are ample places to eat and a few lovely shops and supermarkets to get drinks. The walk back up to Montemar isn't very nice and would suggested you use the free shuttle they have or walk back up when it's not as hot.

Staff were very hit and miss too, we had one lovely chap who I think has a t-shirt saying "animator" on it. He was lovely and listened to the issues others in our party were having with their rooms or other staff members. We wanted to bring him home he was that nice. On the other hand, I was very displeased that a receptionist called my Mother in Law a liar to her face regarding problems with the room, and had been reported numerous times. Not professional and not very customer focused to call a paying guest a liar, when she did nothing of the sort as other staff were there, as were others in our party.

For our stay in F04, and our other party members aside, it wasn't a bad holiday. We did what we came to do, which was to relax as much as possible, drank a lot, got a tan and ate lots of Spanish crisps. I do not think I would return to Montemar, BUT we did come at the beginning of the season, I think they were a little short staffed at some points, and I think with some minor alterations to the hotel, it could be somewhere a lot of people would love to come to, and enjoy. We all agreed we'd love to come back to Cala Llonga,and stay closer to the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms at the bottom are quiet. There were rooms directly next to the pool & so 0 privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Shammie R
HotelesGlobales, Hoteles Globales Customer Service Department at Globales Montemar Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are working very hard to improve our services, we had some troubles during the first weeks of this season, but we have take all the necessary measures to fix it, like changing the hotel managemente, the head chef and also improving the staffin.
We are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your staying and we apologise for the receptionist behaviour, take for granted we will report and investigate this in order to provide a better service.

Thank you too for writting about the positive things you found at Globales Montemar. We thank you for your time in writing this comment and we hope that you can trust Globales in a near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We returned from this hotel a week ago ..believe every bad review...i have never complained about an hotel before because usually there is something good to say ..I can't anything good to say......choose another hotel

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lisapeacock7

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for letting us know your opinion.
We have been dealing with some problems during the first weeks of this season, and we apologize for any inconveniences it may cause you.
At Globales we take very seriously the satisfaction of our customers, and we can guarantee you taht we have taken special measures to address those problems, like changing the hotel managemente, the head chef and improving the staffing.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and we thank you for your time in writing this comment.

Best Regards,