Elektra Hotel(Vama Veche)
Hostel BazArt(Vama Veche)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Golden Sea(Vama Veche)
TripAdvisor
Maris Vama Veche(Vama Veche)
  • Bar/Lounge
Zen Vama Veche(Vama Veche)
TripAdvisor
Hostel Sea Star(Vama Veche)
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Ana(Vama Veche)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The staff is friendly, respectful, and helpful for client's needs. It's a clean and friendly location, the prices were high but it was August and everywhere were the same. We have to understand that, in order to have a place to come in our estival holiday, we have to support these people to cover their expenses for the winter too.

I randomly saw for myself absurd clients who are most likely among those who left negative reviews. I'm not saying that everything is perfect (there is no such thing any way), but we tend to look just for negative points and criticize.

I personally felt really good there, every morning I drank coffee and a delicious homemade lemonade for free, I went outside to smoke with pleasure every time, to joke with the Owner and to play with a cute puppy from the yard, the internet was great, nobody bothered me, my room was cleaned every day and I was offered the option of being driven to the train station, just that I didn't need it. I hope to get a free spot there again next time I go to Vama Veche

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ioana M
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The problem is not the owner that had a bad attitude with us, the problem is not the low quality furniture and linen, the problem is two guards that from a CCTv camera spy us laughing at midnight in the patio and treat us like drug dealers. Arbeit Macht Frei.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dr_Aerest
Reviewed 12 September 2016

It looks nice, but beyond everything is low quality. There is no so called shower, only a showering head over the toilet. When showering, everything's gets wet. The bed linen were clean, nothing to complain. However the beds themselves were screaking loudly. On top of it - there was no AC and the temperatures were like 30°C.The location is more than creepy. The house is at the end of the village, where the cornfield starts. Almost no public lighting helps you to get there. A pack of unfriendly barking loose dogs helps your blood pressure to rise higher than ever. The owner welcomed me half undressed with a machette in his very right hand. The silly tatoos were hilarious, but...well... But the most interesting fact happened was that the owner asked me to cancel my reservation which I made through booking.com. The aim was to cancel it for free in order to avoid paying the fee to booking.com. So I did and the guy cashed the entire amount. Of course no ATM, no invoice. Moreover, all of the sudden he started to argue extremely loud and dirty with his sister about splitting or sharing the business. That price of 40€ for such a low quality room and location and owner was really too high. Avoid it!

Room Tip: Choose some other accomodation!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We booked 2 rooms. The owner canceled the first one so we had our friends book elsewhere. The day we are supposed to check in the owner called screaming that the price we booked for was too cheap and tried to extort us for more money. We refused, despite knowing we would likely be unable to find an alternative the day of check-in, 12 hours from home. (We ended up bunking 4 in our friends room until we found an alternative the next day). He was verbally abusive and threatened us many times. He did not want to return the deposit which he had required in advance by bank transfer, and told us to come in person to get it. Fearing for our safety, we refused and were finally able to get booking.com to get him to return the deposit. However, because he told them we "canceled" the reservation (a lie) we were unable to leave a review on the site. This seems to be his standard scam. Please, for your safety, do not book at this place. I am not one to be easily startled, but this guy is dangerous--besides being a thieving scam artist.

Room Tip: unsafe, stay away
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt F
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

We rented 2 rooms for 4 people each because it was the only last minute acommodation available. We first made the reservation via booking and after that the owner said to cancel it and go there on our own because we will have some refreshments for free. The rooms were poorly equipped. The tv did not work and there was no hot water for all of us to shower. The owner said it was because of the water pressure in the village, but it was not true. In other villas they had hot water, he just had solar panels that could not produce as much hot water as needed. When we asked for some beers he started mumbling that beers are not included etc etc. We were instructed to shower and not leave marks of sun oil on his sheets. He talked continuosly and most of the times boasted about what he did in Spain when he worked there as bodyguard, cook, fighter, piccolo boy and so on. The price was extremely high for the conditions he provided-around 110 euros per room per night. And no way to receive an invoice or a proof that we paid him and that he pays taxes to the state...better think twice before going to yachi...not recommended

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends