Villa Paradiso dell'Etna(San Giovanni la Punta)
Hotels.com
BB I Colori dell'Etna(San Giovanni la Punta)
  • Bar/Lounge
Ares Hotel(San Giovanni la Punta)
B&B Villa Hortensia(San Giovanni la Punta)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Oasi Puntese(San Giovanni la Punta)
All reviewsscrambled eggsswimming poolfruitrestaurant staffcity centrepizzadown the roadclean roomsstaff were friendlybalconyshopcartransportninofurnituregardenmiles
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

In November I had to spend about 10 days in Catania to take care of some business. My sister and I decided to try the Garden Hotel. We were very pleased with our choice. The room are very spacious and comfortable and are kept impeccably clean. My dog was welcome and did not have to pay an extra fee. The breakfast was abundant and the restaurant staff was very kind and professional. The hotel is surrounded by a beautiful pa it also offers a very large pool, lounge chairs and a barbecue area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
FrancescoSantoro, Direttore at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Guest,
We are glad that you enjoy the location of our hotel and we hope you will come back again soon.
We would like to thank you for your time and for your feedback.

Best Regards

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is quite away out of Catania don’t be caught out thinking its near the city 30 euro in a taxi the local bus’s are not reliable.

Checking in was efficient although the guy wasn’t very cheerful. The lifts to rooms are very old and rattle not too reassuring. The room was basic but ok the roller shutter blind to the balcony was hard to open and noisy in the wind. The hotel was very quite at the time and no atmosphere we did eat in the restaurant because its too far to go into town. The waitress was really really nice friendly and helpful. The pizza was lovely very large one is enough for two persons. Breakfast basic continental style but ok.

The balcony had 3 air-con units and not s nice place to sit out.

Catania is a lovely place to visit and we will certainly go back to the area but not stay here it is too remote although a small store and pharmacy 200m away if required.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
FrancescoSantoro, Direttore at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for choosing us as location for your holiday and thank you for your review. Your opinion is so important for us We have noted your comment and will do the necessary to improve more and more. We'd be more than happy to welcome you once again.

The management

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My partner and I stayed here for 2 weeks in September. We stayed in room 221, which had a balcony, was a bit noisy first thing in the morning when people were leaving, but the rest of the time was lovely. We even had a sea view!! The hotel is decorated in a slightly dated style, but we loved that! Everything was kept really clean and we had fresh bedding every couple of days but clean towels every day,the room was kept perfect for us.
The hotel reception staff were always courteous and very helpful and as for the Waiting Staff - well you couldn't beat them for their kindness, humour and attention to detail. I have to name them all as they were so good to us. Nino, Chiara,Pepe,Gabriele and young Gino who reminded me of Superman!!!
The food was always delicious, even if at times it was not quite what I thought, but there was mountains of it! Towards the end of the holiday we had to reduce our choices to just one main course and fruit for desert! (Not complaining, just watching our waistlines!!) The chef did wonders and all good thanks to him! We also enjoyed the glass of Prosecco with every meal (complimentary)!!
The gardens and swimming pool were lovely and some evenings we ate outside in the garden area, very romantic and delightful!
There were quite a few lizards about - very fast and very secretive, but we loved spotting them!
Just down the road is the village, with a lovely fruit store on the way and a small supermarket, with a terrific fresh bakery with a lovely young lady who was desperate to try her English out on us, despite the fact we wanted to try our Italian out on her!!
Quite often we would shop here for lunch and take it back to the hotel to eat by the pool as we were only half-board and didn't want to pay a lot more for our lunch.We bought water from the supermarket as well in bulk.
We used the local bus (10.30 depart from the village) as our means of transport into Catania, getting off at the bus station which gave us a nice walk into the city centre.Eating there at lunchtimes was very cheap. We also booked 3 excursions via Etnatribe which were all excellent with lovely guides.

Room Tip: 2nd floor away from lift.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Just spent two amazing weeks in Sicily in that beautiful retro 60's hotel.
Garden hotel is situated about 6 miles away from the beautiful city of Catania.
On our arrival, we've been impressed with the palm trees,cactus and tropical plants surrounding the hotel. The hotel itself is very clean throughout.Very friendly and helpful staff.
If you wish to stay at Garden Hotel you need a car due to is remote location.No transport available from the hotel.
My only criticism I could make,is a lack of varieties for the breakfast.
Apart of that,I recommend this hotel for a nice and relaxing time especially around that amazing swimming pool

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

There are some really great things about this hotel, the swimming pool is gorgeous and the gardens are really lovely, lush and green. The rooms are a good size and we had a balcony. Bed linen is changed daily and place is beautifully clean but the overall ambience of the place is quite faded and tired, it could do with light coloured furniture and a lick of paint.
Some staff are great, notably Dino( Gino) and a lovely young girl who was very friendly and helpful (sorry I dont know her name!)
Breakfast was good, if somewhat limited but sufficient, I particularly liked squeezing my own fresh orange juice.
We ate here twice and the standard was very good, I had a beautiful lobster pasta and fresh fish which was fabulous.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor have better views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple