Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 08/12/22
eDreams
Agoda.comUS$62
Vio.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Room ok, common toilet on middle of each floor. Our room was end of annex (room xx6), WiFi was very weak. We need to stand next to the door to have access.

Onsen ok.

Good restaurants around Hotel and nice walk next to the lake. Good view of the fire work at 8:45pm (remember to switch off your room’s lights to enjoy.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

There is nothing to recommend this old run-down hotel for except the proximity to the lake and the great views from the room (including a nightly fireworks display during certain months). The set dinner featuring bbq lamb (all you get is a heap of roughly cut up raw meat which you're supposed to cook over a small stove lit by dry fuel) is something you don't want to remember, and the set breakfast, though slightly more edible, is.nothing to write home about.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank TiptoesInTime
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is an old building with great lakeside views. I'm told all rooms have lake views. Mine certainly had a nice view of lake and mountain...plus a grandstand view of the fireworks. But that's all about this hotel. The bbq lamb dinner that came with the room rate was something to forget...you get a heap of roughly cut lamb meat which you're supposed to bbq yourself. I left mine untouched - just wasn't worth the effort. No I wouldn't recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

This is a very traditional Japanese outfit that is a little rough around the edges and appears to be family run. Although it looks a little old and dated I felt that with it came a certain charm. What definitely made this property such a gem is the truly lovely view of Lake Toya right outside your room window. It was a little inconvenient with no toilet in the room but once you manage your expectations it is really quite alright. Although the onsen didn’t have a spectacular view I thought it quite relaxing just sitting in the tub watching the snow come down.

Our room came with a BBQ lamb dinner and a Japanese breakfast. The portions were very generous and we could not finish both meals and although I was eyeing the onsen egg at breakfast I just could not eat anymore.

My children had the novel experience of making up their own futon for bed and wearing the yukata to the bath. It was great! There was a washing machine outside the bath which I assume is free for guests to use and it didn’t require coins to operate. Do come here for the food and the wonderful view for a very reasonable price!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Faith_Liu
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We were meant to stay 3 nights but we were lucky that only 2 were booked. At time of booking it was the only place we could get fir 3 nights.
Plus side large room good view of lake and mountains. Bed and pillows comfortable. Place was quiet. Location by the lake very good. Free parking.
Negative - unhappy vibe from staff I think affected the guests who all seemed flattened. Food was ver ordinary. Dinner was lamb yakiniku- huge amount but not tasting high quality. Next night was the same - we went out. Tea and coffee only at breakfast. A kettle in room but no cups or tea. I asked for same and got one 'for free'.
Onsen first day felt lukewarm with hardly a trickle replenishing the bath. Next day water was flowing freely and hot but still a nasty murky look although I'm told this is normal, I've not yet been in murky onset water.
Shared toilet but only one western out of three- knee injury means squat toilet out for me. Fortunately you know if someone is in there if the slippers are gone. I don't think anyone wants to use squat toilets these days.
Environment old and shabby. The wifi only for use in lobby - very inconvenient and strange.
Only nice staff were the cleaning ladies.

Date of stay: October 2017