1,934 results
All reviews koi restaurant fig tree bay duplex suite sea view sunbed reservation pool attendant mini bar entire stay love boat adult pool fantastic hotel allocated sun beds wedding planner small balcony welcome drink sun loungers great idea
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Second time we’ve stayed at this hotel and enjoyed our stay,staff friendly hotel clean with good quality fittings a very modern hotel, just a couple of points I would like to pick up on though,the bitter lemons bar which is the main hotel bar is very expensive which in turn is mostly empty which in turn doesn’t create a good atmosphere for anyone drinking in the bar and also I have to say the food wasn’t as good as two years ago breakfast good but evening meals was a let down the menu was varied but the food could of been better!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Katerina S, Public Relations Manager at Capo Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and your good review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.
Most pleased to read that your second stay with us was enjoyable.
Positive feedback above is very welcomed by our team and well noted.
Wishing you a happy festive season ahead and we look forward to your return visit, in great health and spirit.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We stayed at the Capo Bay late October as a friend was having a wedding in Nissi Beach. Having a family, we wanted somewhere family friendly, great pool, close to the beach and near the local bars and restaurants and far enough away from Ayia Napa!! Capo Bay ticked all of those boxes.

The staff were friendly and check in was quick and easy - great after a long flight with two tired children. We were booked into a sea view room with breakfast. The room itself was a great size for the four of us (cot was included for our 16 month-old) and the beds were very comfortable and huge!! The only gripe about the room was the small balcony but that's not much of a problem. We still had a great view and the room was quiet at night.

As mentioned, we had breakfast and there was a great selection and all very well prepared. Fresh fruit, freshly made omelettes and the usual English breakfast available. Staff made sure we were well looked after and were fantastic.

A special thank you to Katerina and her team for when our little boy had an accident - they were quick to help and ensure that he was comfortable while waiting for a local doctor. I cannot thank them enough for everything!!

We also used the onsite spa and would definitely recommend an hour or two here - the team were excellent and definitely helped to relax us.

We did stay as the season was coming to a close so the bars and restaurants were pretty quiet but we will definitely be coming back to Capo Bay in the near future

Room tip: Ask for sea views as the bar across the street can be a little loud.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for the time taken to share an excellent review (specially when you are a mum of 2 children, every minute counts even more!)
Reviews like your are lift our spirit and make us work harder in offering you and all of our guests the high level of service you all deserve, when you are at the Capo Bay!
Thank you for the special mention and glad the little one is ok. Is the least we could do.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season ahead and we look forward to welcoming you back in good health and spirit.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Came to Protaras 15 years ago and vowed that when we were a little richer we would come back. It took us a bit longer than planned to return but glad we did. The whole resort has changed considerably but Capo Bay has probably the best location for access to fig tree bay and also the restaurants and bars in the town. It was very quiet which was good and bad, but not having to fight for a table at breakfast was a definite bonus. The 4 of us (2small kids) we a bit cramped in a triple room with a cot but we had a good view so I wasn’t too bothered. We didn’t eat lunch or dinner in the hotel but I thought it looked a bit overpriced. Breakfast was simple but varied and had everything we wanted. The decor of the whole hotel was very tasteful but I have to say I felt the subbed areas were dirty, given how few guests there were I’d have expected a much tidier pool and grassy area. Plastic cups were left on the tables for more than a few days and abandoned inflatables were just left lying around. I really didn’t like the bed reservation system, especially when beds were booked and not one person sat on them all day for more than a few days in a row -pretty irritating when you have small kids and being close to the pool edge would have been much better. Maybe I’m being a little picky on the cleanliness thing but I just would have expected a bit more for what we paid. Other than that lovely break with the family.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and a good rating review. It is great to read that you and your family had a lovely holiday with us.
We love the guests to be picky, special when it comes to the standards of cleanliness and we tolerate nothing less than the spotless. So please, next time you will be around , help us, on the spot, by shouting out to one of our team members to act. No excuses to be made for cups left around.
Till your return visit, in good health and spirit, we send wishes for a happy festive season ahead of us,

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Just returned from our second visit to the hotel this year and pre-booked for next. There may be more up market/modern hotels in the areas but none can beat Capo for location and environment - the staff are always keen and attentive and Maria the front office manager and her team are keen to accommodate customer requests and help wherever possible.
Love the quieter location vs. others on the sea front and the personalised beds in the grassed area overlooking the beautiful Fig tree bay.
Breakfast on the veranda overlooking the beach certainly a great start to the day.

Room tip: best rooms are sea facing some noise in rooms nearest the strip
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for return visit and a good review. Both very well appreciated!
We love to get inspired by guests who value our commitment to offering the best of our services in the hospitality field and we love to welcome back the loyal guests, who become a part o the Capo Bay family,with the years!
Maria says hi and thank you for the special mention.
We send our best wishes for a happy festive season ahead and we look forward to your return visit, in summer 2019, in good health and spirit!

Reviewed 24 October 2018

The hotel is very good with excellent location to the beach and great staff, but to my experience it was overpriced and can offer a lot more to reach the level it charges for.
First, I'm a business frequent traveller, quite often travelling to locations in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa and North America. From my experience I can clearly say that the hotel is way over priced to what they offer. And here are my remarks, that if taken properly, they will bring the level to the top.
- Initially I was quite disappointed of the location of the room, next to a street that is busy enough to keep you awake, especially the city service collects the garbage in the middle of the nigh. I did not complain only because it was also pretty close to the side of the pool where our sun bed is and it was quite convenient. My recommendation is to try to isolate the north fence of the hotel, facing the street, which will help reducing the noise for the family rooms on the ground level.
- Water in the room. We only had 1 water bottle in the first day and that's it. Seriously? For that charge other hotels serve fruits in the room on daily bases.
- The family room is one big square ... from the entrance door you jump on the bed.. maybe that's the hotel's designer view, but it's quite odd and looks cheap. Anyways, I got used to it.. people don't spend much time in the room when on vacation after all
- The hotel is very clean. The room as well. It's cleaned on daily bases, which is great. What I didn't like is how to elevators and the stair look like. For a hotel like this, you cannot afford to leave stairways and elevators in this shape.

Let's move to the pool area:
- Plenty of pools.. but who goes to pools anyway, the beach is pretty close and I would recommend it to anyone
- I would recommend to keep a better eye on the sun beds maintenance as twice we were looking for not broken sun bed.. once one of ours got "stolen", I guess by some other folks looking for a good not broken sunbed
- The bar is next to the pool, but hey.. those cocktails are cheap... artificial nasty juices that my wife didn't want to touch. For cocktails on that price, good hotels use fruits, not some cheap juice and ice to make the pinacolada. The hotel would need to correct that.

Restaurants:
- Very good options... we have Mediterranean, Asian and Italian restaurants as options, but I have some remarks for at least two of them (just didn't visit the Italian, sorry).
- Mamma's, the Mediterranean. Fantastic place with the best staff! The manager is great! That's how you need to meet your guests! But the food... my god... it's Mediterranean restaurant... why the hell you serve chips in each and every meal. I know that the English folks eat fish.. and chips (it's only them btw).. and I know they want cheap food like burgers and wraps, but come oooon... it's Mediterranean restaurant. Make it like that... and offer side options so people can choose chips if they want or opt off.. or choose something else, like olives.. or salad.. or cheese.. come on... The only Mediterranean stuff I saw was in the starters, calamari, shrimps and 1 option for fish.. where is the octopus, mussels were also out, zucchini.. none..
- Dia... is that a bar or Asian restaurant? If Mamma's staff have my 10, Dia are like 4 to be honest... options are again poor for an Asian restaurant.. and on your place I will just get rid of that menu and offer different daily selections, e.g. Monday is Japanese, Tuesday is Thai and so on.. without much options for the guests to select.. and I would totally change the interior design to make it truly Asian.. anywyas people don't use it as a club or bar like it looks like (at least from what I saw).
- Breakfast... the coffee is great! I love it... but the meals selection... ok. you have the usual eggs and beacon (though the hotel don't know how to cook proper bacon).. some salad.. or lets say tomatoes and cucumbers.. some fresh juices.. mainly orange and apple.. some sweets.. a couple of them... and basically that's it... Hey, I've been having 3 times richer breakfast in hotels that charge twice less. With cooks all over the place, offering pancakes, not just omelets. We had some cold pancakes only once in some plate that quickly dried out. The selection of fruits is poor and water melons and melons taste like plastic. The hotel should check their suppliers and make some remarks there. There sweets corner is very limited as well with only 1 option for cakes that are not always good.

The hotel has a great kids corner and scuba diving school.. this is perfect for family visits.

But just to summarise.. Excellent location, very good hotel, but lots of things to improve in the room service and the food options in order to say they earned the money I spent.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and a good rating review. Glad to read that excellent location , great kids club and diving centre and great staff have been appreciated and contributed to your holiday experience and are highly valued on your review. We regret that we did not leave you with a value for money taste and we appreciate the positive criticism /feedback in detail above. I already passed it on to the management department for consideration and action. We love to hear from our guests and improve where possible for a practical and immediate action.
We do hope that you will visit us again, in great health and spirit, and meet your expectations in full.