“Great Find”

Price range: US$17 - US$45
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Santiago's Kitchen is located in the heart of the old town in a sympathetically restored townhouse with an elegant dining room & beautiful courtyard garden surrounded by orange trees for warm summer evenings. Serving modern rustic cuisine with a focus on big flavours, we feature seasonal, local produce in dishes with Mediterranean & Asian influences.
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere outside with a canopy of trees, fairy lights and water feature. I haven't put up photos of the outside as it has other diners in the background.
We took our 5 year old and there were options for children, she had fish fingers with chips. She was the only child dining, it does seem more like a romantic dinner place or for a nice celebration meal.

We had three courses and a bottle of wine and the bill was over €100 euros. I had the beer battered prawns followed by the turbot whilst my husband had the cod koftas and the blackened hake.

The prawns were beautiful and I'd certainly have that if we went again. The koftas were okay but not to my taste, personally. My husband said he liked them. My turbot was very nice, with razor clams. Very filling -though I still had room for the lovely snowball dessert! The snowball has mango sorbet inside a white chocolate ball. I've never had a snowball before, but I definitely liked this. It was indulgent and refreshing at the same time.

The reason why I can't quite give it 5 stars is the front of house and waitress were polite but neither warm nor friendly. It was nearly a forced politeness, like some of those so-called exclusive London establishments where you pay to be (politely) tolerated. But this type of approach doesn't seem appropriate for the setting. We got much better (friendlier) service at Fonda El Postillion where the food is equally good (but cheaper).

We would go back (after going back to Fonda though and only for the prawns) and hopefully the service will be warmer second time round.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Olivers, and I have to say the service and food was better. They seem to really care about their guest, and have a wonderful kids menu.
It has become our favorite spot to eat.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Again the staff, food and ambiance at Santiago's Kitchen, Alhaurin el Grande was awesome..... Filet Steak, scallops melt in your mouth like butter.... definitely two thumbs up evening

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

It was a delicious dinner in a very romantic garden. Our appetizers of homemade chicken liver pate and fried Asian style courniflower where amazing, as was our main course of talibot and lambsrack. And the best chocolate caramel tart ever!

With the dry humor of the host and the friendly service it made it a beautiful evening for us we will remember.

A tip for parking. You can take the first parking option when drivinh in to the street. It's only a few minutes walk from there to the restaurant.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable food in brilliant surroundings and with great service. The seared tuna, with pork belly, crackling and octopus was as good as I've had anywhere!