All reviews robuchon au dome abalone steam room special architecture spent half an hour chinese art impressive architecture michelin star lake view room star casino unique hotel three star corner room spa bath blackout curtains free mini bar spent one night
Reviewed 22 November 2018

It's a long time will to stay at this hotel and I got the opportunity by surprise. Originally, IK made enquiry to see if I can stay at this hotel during the Grand Prix weekend, they replied there are no rooms available that I made reservation to another hotel. But I don't want to give up and send an email to SJM's Public Relations Department, soon after, I got the reply from the hotel that there's room available so I cancelled my original reservation and choose this hotel.

This hotel just minutes away from the main bus interchange, and there are many taxis available outside the hotel, so it is convenient for me to visit other places without taking further taxis.

Although I made the reservation to their basic Superior Room, but once upon check-in, I realized I got a better Corner Room because there's a in-room sauna room that the Superior Room did not have, even though I did not use it....

I made all my suppers at their hotel's restaurant, including their two Michelin Three Star restaurant, the Eight and the Robuchon au Dôme. The experience is good that I tasted their favorite dish.

Room tip: Go for lake view rooms
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

They have great performance at the casino during events. For the hotel itself its clean comfy and very much welcoming ambiance. Expect to pay more compared to the other hotels but this for sure stands out with regards to standards.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This is the most horrible hotel in Macau. Lobby is so crowded and noisy. Restaurants are worth to visit but hotel itself is not worth to go. My room was watery and soggy in heavy rain. Try to change the room but they gave me smoking room with nonsmoking treatment. I still don’t know what that is and that room was smelly!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
GrandLisboaGM, General Manager at Grand Lisboa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear U1002QL

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you felt uncomfortable with the number of people in the hotel. It is true that Grand Lisboa is an extremely popular destination for visitors and local people alike. Not only is the building an iconic landmark on the Macau skyline but we offer a wide-range of attractions that do bring people; attractions such as an array of great restaurants - from Michelin-starred fine dining (we have a total of 7 Michelin stars including the only two 3-Michelin starred restaurants in Macau) to more casual fare, from our award winning spa and leisure facilities, to spacious guest rooms with expansive views, to the Lobby stuffed with rare and valuable artifacts and displays. People want to visit our hotel and there are times of the year, particularly during summer holiday months and traditional Chinese festivals, when we are very, very busy.

From your comments about the “soggy” room, I assume you were staying at the hotel during Typhoon Manghkut. This was a particularly ferocious storm with exceptionally strong winds. As a result, water was forced into the building in a number of places through the joints in the façade cladding.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. We did our best to move you to another room and I am sorry that due to high demand we were unable to provide you with a non-smoking guest room. We did, however, refresh the room beforehand with an ionizer to minimize any odour.

I do hope that you enjoyed your stay in Macau despite the inconveniences and that you will return for another visit. Macau has a lot to offer.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The main reason I have chosen this hotel was because I would like to have dinners at Robuchon au Dome and The Eight. When I checked-in on 14-08-2018, the front-desk staff asked for MOP2,000 as deposit, but without telling me that bills incurred in these 2 restaurants were unable to charge to my room's bills. (They knew that I had 2 reservations because I asked them to change the dinner time from 8pm to 6.30pm, which they did). I managed to charge the bill at Robuchon despite some unnecessary delay. But the 2nd night at The Eight was really unpleasant because the Manager at The Eight refused to accept the bill to be charged to my room, and insisted I had to produce a Credit Card, which I did not bring with me for security reason, to settle the bill on the spot. I felt much insulted and insisted them to call the front desk to increase the deposit to the amount more than the actual bill, which caused us to stay back for more than 30 minutes. Upon checked-out, the credit balance of MOP1,846.40 was retained which was not credited until today, which was more than a month. This unreasonable practice of retaining guest's balance was really disgusting and definitely NOT in line with the practice of all International Hotels which I have stayed for over 30 years. I vowed that I will never return to this hotel again, a 5-Star hotel with Zero-star practice.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank 886simh

Dear Mrs Goh

Thank you for staying at Grand Lisboa and for your comments.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you suffered when attempting to settle the restaurant charges to your room. I hope that despite this experience you enjoyed your meals at our two 3-starred Michelin restaurants.

Hotels at check-in take a pre-authorization against your credit card for the estimated charges to be incurred during your stay.
The amount of the pre-authorization taken in your case was insufficient to cover the meals at Robuchon au Dome and The Eight and so additional authorizations were required on each occasion. It is challenging for our check-in staff to estimate the likely charges in these restaurants as these depend upon the guest’s menu selections.

However under normal circumstances it is a simple and straight forward process to increase the authorization and the Restaurant Manager should not have insisted on a credit card when you requested the restaurant check be charged to your room, for which I apologize.

In respect of your concern about the release of the unused ‘deposit’, the hotel does not take a deposit, we simply take an authorization against your credit card. You can see on the room account of your stay that no charge has been made for a deposit. Your bank then places a hold on your credit card account for the amount of authorization taken and has its own rules about when that authorization is released. The bank does not charge the amount of authorization to your card, it charges the amount actually spent.

I’m afraid the time taken for the bank to release the authorization hold is a matter for the bank and is not within the control of the hotel. All international hotels do in fact operate in this same fashion.

Thank you again for your business and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Lisboa in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

We booked a Premiere Lake View room and it was amazing!
Super duper comfortable beds, amazing bathroom with the BEST shower I have encountered in a hotel. The rain shower head in the ceiling had different settings you could choose from to find your most comfortable shower. The best part was that you could turn it into a steam bath aka Turkish bad. Just turn it on and sit on the chair that folds from the wall and sweat as long as you want.
Too bad we were in Macau to explore and watch the show so we had to leave the room.
The only issue we had was breakfast. It was supposed to be included in the room rate and we expected to have a full breakfast buffet. It turned out that the buffet is only provided in the Lisboa hotel across the street. Instead, we had to opt for the extremely poor and mediocre breakfast on tis side. We were not happy about that so make sure you either boom the right hotel or don't include breakfast and save your money.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CirqueTraveler
GrandLisboaGM, General Manager at Grand Lisboa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear CirqueTraveler

Thank you for choosing Grand Lisboa and for your complimentary comments. I am gratified to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry however that our breakfast selections left you disappointed.

I am not sure what lead to your anticipation of a buffet breakfast as Grand Lisboa does not offer this. The breakfast included in your room rate is a choice from our a la carte menu of full American breakfast, Continental breakfast or Chinese breakfast. The quality and portion size of each choice is consistent with the quality and offering that can be found in all our restaurants for which Grand Lisboa is deservedly renown. And not that it will be of any comfort, but since your stay we have further enhanced the full American breakfast offering.

Nevertheless, I am sorry that the breakfast failed to meet your expectations and I trust this did not mar your visit too greatly.