See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Property was pretty good and view from the room was awesome! excellent privacy because all rooms are well spaced.I really appreciate the way they took care of privacy,food was average, staffs were friendly and fun loving people.
I should definitely mention about the welcome, 4 people in front reception welcomed us with so beautiful smiles and a mango drink, I felt so happy for the way they welcomed me and my husband
Place is pretty good for diving, diving staffs were good but i felt they were lil rude not much though, overall a wonderful experience must for couples and who wants privacy, most of the days music was arranged in dining area which had a nice crew members with wonderful music sense and voice, it is always great party time when we have music in dining area!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful and peaceful (except the cockerels!) Snorkelling off jetty with nearby reef drop off and turtles. Free shuttle bus was like having a private driver. Friendly staff. Suggest you check exchange rates on arrival. On site dive company was handy but some equipment needs renewing. We stayed 5 nights, fully inclusive. Good food. Definitely would recommend the Sampaguita!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Akdor1
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I've been to Moal Boal so many times that I thought I knew the best places to stay. This resort was one that I "had" to book as all the usual places were running out fast.
Sampaguita resort is situated in the sleepy town of Tonggo. Peaceful, simple homelike atmosphere. With an authentic warm, friendly staff always going the extra mile.
Definitely coming back to this hidden gem.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jorja M
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had a fantastic week at the resort. The location is great, then dive crew were very flexible and met all my needs. There was also a free shore dive that can be done in the afternoons which was great. The food was plentiful, and the masseur we had was fantastic. My only issue was that there was no internet in the rooms. The dive centre was being renovated when we were there.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scubabunnie
Gaspare D, General Manager at Sampaguita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear scubabannie,
Warm greetings from Sampaguita.
Thanks for having chosen Sampaguita. Your kind words will go a long way in helping in informing and motivating other enthusiast divers to chose the Sampaguita Resort and Gangga Divers for their Diving Holidays. Our Dive Center is now nearing completion and shall offer better comfort to all our guests. Completion continues without disturbing the daily operation and offers a diving experience that complements a great holiday.
We all look forward to welcoming you back at Sampaguita where we do have some surprises for our returning guests.
Thanks again and warmest regards
Gaspare and the Sampaguita Team

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Room was comfortable with good air conditioning, everything was very clean and neatly arranged. Beautifully situated near the shores with stunning mountain, sea and sunset views.

The service was EXCEPTIONAL. I was travelling with my relatives, had a bit of complication with room arrangement as there were 6 adults and 2 children. I'm sorry I have forgotten the names, but the staff were amazing. They did their best to ensure the comfortability of our stay, as well as a great experience!

A big thank you to the management team as well for accommodating to our needs beyond expectation!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Gaspare D, General Manager at Sampaguita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Anastasia,

The Management and the Staff of Sampaguita Resort wish to thank you for having chosen Sampaguita Resort for your recent break in Moalboal, and for your lovely and warm review. With your words you have expressed the overall spirit of service and hospitality at Sampaguita. I will have to confess to you that before managing informal resorts like Sampaguita, where the sea and the personalized attention to guest's needs are the essential elements of the guest's experience, I have for 40 years managed only 5 star resorts; hence, Sampaguita strives to offer a 5 star experience in a simpler but charming, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
At Sampaguita we are continously but quietly upgrading and adding services and facilities, however, without disturbing or changing in any way the peaceful spirit of our hospitality.
Thanks again for your compliments, we look forward to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards