All reviews free shuttle dive centre dive crew stayed nights sea turtles resort privacy
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Room was comfortable with good air conditioning, everything was very clean and neatly arranged. Beautifully situated near the shores with stunning mountain, sea and sunset views.

The service was EXCEPTIONAL. I was travelling with my relatives, had a bit of complication with room arrangement as there were 6 adults and 2 children. I'm sorry I have forgotten the names, but the staff were amazing. They did their best to ensure the comfortability of our stay, as well as a great experience!

A big thank you to the management team as well for accommodating to our needs beyond expectation!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gaspare D, General Manager at Sampaguita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Anastasia,

The Management and the Staff of Sampaguita Resort wish to thank you for having chosen Sampaguita Resort for your recent break in Moalboal, and for your lovely and warm review. With your words you have expressed the overall spirit of service and hospitality at Sampaguita. I will have to confess to you that before managing informal resorts like Sampaguita, where the sea and the personalized attention to guest's needs are the essential elements of the guest's experience, I have for 40 years managed only 5 star resorts; hence, Sampaguita strives to offer a 5 star experience in a simpler but charming, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
At Sampaguita we are continously but quietly upgrading and adding services and facilities, however, without disturbing or changing in any way the peaceful spirit of our hospitality.
Thanks again for your compliments, we look forward to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards
Gaspare Davi
GM

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Great accomodation and food buffet, helpful and kind staff, wonderful views on the sea, well maintained garden... all this contributes to a successful stay. A perfet all-in-one formula where fresh water is always available in the restaurant and even excellent sweets in the afternoon.

Don't hesitate to go snorggling right in front of the hotel, you'll be happily surprised to see turtles (normally everytime you go, you see at least one), nice corals, puffer fishes and much more.

Diving is good, with the amazing schools of sardines in Moalboal along the coast and Pescador Island. All sites are closeby (Max about 20-30 minutes), which is very convenient, However, I was a bit disappointed not to have the occasion to consult books on site allowing divers to identify various fishes encourntered. My gauge did not work and I could not have one in good condition. I know most divers have a personal diver computer but I don't. I think that's a basic information any diver should have.

So gloabally a great stay still with some possible improvements oin the dive centre to be really perfect.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I booked Samaguita resort last minute based on the reviews I read here. I wanted one night after canyorneering and whale sharking of relaxation before our next destination to Palawan.

Unfortunately, my friend got really sick during our stay there. I was out of the resort at that time and received a text message from the resort that they brought him to the nearest hospital, about 30 mins away. They truly went above and beyond in accommodating our given circumstances. They even made sure to have food saved and ready for us when we arrived back to the resort after a long day at the hospital. The staff and driver stayed with us from start to finish in the hospital and didn't charge us, they allowed us to make calls and rearrangements from their office and we decided to stay an extra 3 days until my friend recuperated. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was done so, with professionalism and compassion.

I cannot be more thankful to the wonderful staff. Everyone from reception, to the driver, to the manager, the waiters, masseuse, and waitresses and waiters, to the chefs and the staff at the dive shop... you all were truly incredible! Their hospitality is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. Their impeccable services truly went above and beyond at a time of need.

Maraming Salamat sa iyong lahat. I can never thank you enough ! I promise to visit soon ! Truly the best of the best.

From the bottom of hearts, Thank you for everything. -TJ and Cat

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2017

The bungalows are very nice, the staff very professional and very friendly.
The view is fantastic from the salon zone of the restaurant/bar.
The dive center is few steps down with very friendly and competent people. The dive sites are numerous but a bit sadly not so various. The Pescodores island sites are gorgeous !!
Perfect for a 6 days peaceful stay with your love or with good friends !!!
Yoiu can also pay a visit to the Moalboal town to have some quick idea of Philippine live and markets.
What else !!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 April 2017

With my wife we stayed at Sampaguita for more than a week and we had great time. Owner and all of staff were very friendly and helpful. Bungalows are really cozy and well build with comfortable private sofas on the terraces. Nature is amazing, right by the sea, whole setting is really relaxing. All the meals were really good, they were a mixture of western and filipino dishes. I did a lot of diving with resort dive center "Ganga divers". They were helpful and quite relaxed. Dive masters were very experienced and showed us big variety of fishes, corals and lots of different small creatures (many turtles too). We also used their free van with driver to take us to the city and kawasan waterfall - must see while on the island.
I think we will return to this resort next time we come back to Cebu!

Date of stay: March 2017