Review Highlights

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Great surf center.

Reviewed 14 August 2017
Gergely M

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2018

A big thanks to George, Roma and the team for looking after me on my recent visit to the centre. I took my own kite gear and this will held at the centre securely until the days I could balance the family holiday with some kiting. The wind came almost every day and I'd say the kite you will use most is a 12m or sometimes a 14m. The wind is cross on with no more than 0.5m swell on the really windy days. The most I saw on the water at one time were 6-8 kites so you will have plenty of room. I can't comment on the lessons as I didn't have any but the hire gear is good quality RRD (I think) and reasonably priced if you check the website. Transport is on offer from the hotel if you have lessons but I got the bus down most days with a short walk from the main road. In summary perfect for summer kiting that is not too busy and good reliable wind conditions. Thanks again to Roma and I hope you get something fixed up for the winter season in south america.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Very kind and helpful staff. Árpi the instructor is great. He gave me great advices and was a big help to improve my sailing. They even gave me medical support when I stepped to a sea urchin.
The center is well equiped, gear is in good condition. They trim the rig well, and give you good advice on the sail/board size to use. The board shall be booked in advance but anything can be used if there are not too many customers.

Weather forecasts are not accurate, the wind is usually at least 2 times higher than predicted. Kiter spot is separated from windsurfers which is a big plus. The spot is not busy, only the center's customers and a couple local guys/girls surf there.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Great course at this surf center. Really good stuff, good teachers. Really focuss ar technics. Great attention for kids. The pick you up and bring you to the hotel. Extremely helpfull and very kind.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Nice place, nice peaple...I like this place because it s not to busy !!
We have space and that s great !! the guys there are very friendly
In june it s perfect for the wind and not busy

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank cathymZ8627AZ
Reviewed 14 October 2016

This year we've visited Big Blue for the third time - still the best service comparing to many surf centers we've been to so far.

The best thing about the spot is that it is "all in one" - good for freeride/slalom, freestyle or even for first steps on waves. You will find choppy area up to 1,5km and very nice swell, ideal for some bump&jump going further into the sea. The spot is suitable for beginners also - practically flat water up to 500m from the center, even during windy days - maybe not a perfect conditions for learning but really ok.

Good and well rigged equipment (I adivse to make reservation for a board before arrival), but most of all very friendly and helpful staff. The most appreciated things - some useful tips from instructors - Arpi, Marco, many thanks.

Highly recommended.