“Best shop in bayahibe”
Review of Scubafun

Scubafun
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough
John is great, the staff super professional and friendly, they have everything you need there. Will always work to make sure you have a good time. Don't go anywhere else.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Came to Bayahibe with my best friend for her Advanced Open Water and EANx certifications. From the moment we walked in the door, we knew we had chosen well. We were immediately welcomed like long lost family. Great team with little turnover; it's apparent this team loves what they do, and they make it fun for guests. We were invited to join in in the evening celebration of another divers birthday. We were so tired from the dives, but were so honored to be invited.

Our dives we're in the off season (week after hurricane Maria) so we had the boats pretty much to ourselves, maybe two others. Basic boats, but we're not on them for luxury cruising. Dive sites are in very good condition, good sealife, and the team encourages reef stewardship (cleaning up rubbish from party boats, lionfish cull, etc.). Penon and night dive were fantastic. Marco delivered on his promise to provide us with reef octopus viewing. I think he had one secreted away in his trousers... ;)

Marco and Goulash (dive leaders and instructors) are the Abbot and Costello of the ScubaFun team. Funny as hell, sincere, and real. I would dive with them any day.

If you are looking for a great crew to dive with, this is the team for you.

The ONLY complaint was the army of kids waiting on the beach after returning to the shore armed with bottles of water to "rinse you off" and immediately put their hands on you for a few bucks. I note that these kids do this to all returning boats, not just Scubafun. For me it was not a big deal and easy to brush them away, but some people might not appreciate it. This is not a complaint towards Scubafun at all, just something to watch out for in general.

1  Thank JonStrater
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome place and company for scubafun , diving with great divers , with Morgan, Sanne, Marco and Gulash. Visiting some great dive sites and reck's

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I just returned from the DR and did a 5 day/10 dive package with the fine folks at ScubaFun. From the very beginning emails with Sanne,they make your decisions easy. I got to dive with Marco,Alesondro and Emes and all were outstanding divemasters. The boat crews are fantastic as well and the owners John and Neal couldn't be nicer people.

When I return to the Bayhibe area again, I know I will dive with ScubaFun again.

Thanks for the great dives!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

If you are looking for the right dive shop in Bayahibe, I highly recommend Scubafun! The staff were more than accommodating! Ghulag (spelling?), our dive guide, and Sanne, were awesome! ScubaFun worked with us in tailoring our dive experience based upon the locations we chose to dive, not to mention shifting our dive days due to one of us being sick on the first dive day. The larger dive shops were not as flexible. We prefer a smaller "Mom and Pop" type of Dive Shop instead of a larger one when it comes to personal service; we couldn't have made a better choice!

Our Resort hotel was in Punta Cana, approximately 40 minutes from ScubaFun. The shuttle service was prompt, on time and very professional. Although not expected, nominal tipping is highly appreciated.

Bottom line: For future dive trips to Bayahibe, we will only book with ScubaFun! You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Joe H