“So so”

Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: From a humble seed grows a coffee plant... As the plant matures, it produces brilliant red berries. Housed inside these berries is a seed. Farm workers pick the berries by hand so the seed inside can be extracted and roasted. Once roasted, it becomes a coffee bean used to create the world's most popular drink, enjoyed by many and is the heart of many social occasions. Share special times with family and friends at The Roasted Berry. Situated in the heart of Mingara, The Roasted Berry offers its own blend of great coffee, sourced directly from Rainforest Alliance certified coffee plantations in South America. The Roasted Berry's talented Barista's turn its special blend into your favourite cup of coffee...With a little bit of love in every cup. As well as great coffee, The Roasted Berry creates delicious meals created from freshest produce, complemented by home-style delectable cakes, breads and pastries.
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here today for lunch.
I liked the look of the pulled Pork burger.
I asked what sort of bun it was on.
The girl was unsure but suggested brioche.
I feel she should have had, basic knowledge, of AT LEAST, the blackboard specials.
She was unfriendly and didn't smile.
I said ok, but WITHOUT lettuce & tomato & WITH tomato sauce.
I was asked if I would like a receipt, which I did, however, for unknown reasons, this couldn't be done from either register.

My dessert arrived before my main - ODD, to say the least.

My burger arrive, as per the black board.
I had to return it......
It was returned in minutes and I would suggest, was merely deconstructed. My chips were almost cold & therefore, I didn't eat them.

DEFINATELY memorable, but for all the wrong reasons.
I won't be rushing, to return anytime soon.

Mingara2261, Manager at The Roasted Berry, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

HI RGT1952,
Wow! We are so disappointed that this was your experience. Could you email your phone number to our Food and Beverage Manager shorner@mingara.com.au . He would love to find out more about your visit. Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in here unplanned for lunch after swimming.
Service was slow and attendant looked uninterested.
I wanted the schnitzel burger off the specials board... when I asked her what was on it she said... and no, I'm not joking.."um, well, it's called a schnitzel burger so I would guess there is schnitzel". I said we'll even I could figure that out, but what else. I was then greeted with "well doesn't it say on the board". Do you really think I'd be asking if that were the case. We finally got that worked out and I said I would like it with no butter and sweet chilli sauce. I also ordered a kids meal and an iced chocolate on skim milk.

The drinks arrived shortly after. The iced chocolate was on soy. They took it back and replaced it.... I didn't think at the time but I guess I payed for soy??

20 minutes or so later our meals arrived. Guess what, it had butter on my burger. I took it back to the kitchen who said that no note had come through to them about it. I explained I had definitely ordered it without butter as I always do.

Meal came out after another 5 minutes.... it looked like it had been slapped together.... it wasn't my fault it was wrong. I also made the mistake of asking the waitress for cutlery. She pointed and said "its all over there". I'm sorry, I couldn't see it from where we were seated.

Yes they were busy, but, we were all paying customers. My meal cost over $30. No one looked like they wanted to be there, no one smiled, no one had any common curtesy.

Overall disappointed with the service, quality of food and prices. Wouldn't recommend or return in a hurry for a meal.

1  Thank Melissa T

Hi Melissa T,
Thanks for taking the time to review us and give us feedback on areas to work on from your visit. Please don't hesitate to contact shorner@mingara.com.au if you would like to discuss it further. Kind regards.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We come weekly to the roasted berry as we utilise the gym and crèche facilities. We always have issues with our breakfast. Today there was a hair in our smashed avocado. No ham on the eggs benedict as requested. Every week the eggs are not to standard and are over poached! We have been given a free meal due to the poor meals in a previous visit. But the inconsistencies still occur. We have to send multiple meals back and even the replacements aren't to standard. We are now looking into another venue for breakfast that can poach an egg!

Mingara2261, Manager at The Roasted Berry, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hi Regs218,

Thanks for the feedback about the consistency at our cafe. If you would like to email our Cafe Coordinator tbouchet@mingara.com.au your phone number she would like to discuss this feedback with you further.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Very good and well cooked it is not expensive lot of desserts selection
Great value.quick services and clean place
It is not too crowded

Hi Ossie49

Thanks for the review - glad you found our sweet treats!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My wife and I have had a steak sandwich from Mingara's The Roasted Berry on more than one occasion. Tonight we ordered another. Now in the past, this meal has been a reasonable choice. It has come with the usual chips, and a side of salad. And it has been a big enough serve that we usually share - not being big eaters. Tonight, when the meal arrived, we just looked at each other. The sandwich was half the size and there was no salad. When we brought this to the attention of one of the waitresses, she agreed with us that the serving size was too small. She took it away to speak to the chef or manager. The manager promptly brought it back to us and tried to tell us that this was, and always was, the usual size for this meal. We disagreed and told her so. She made no offer of compensation - just gave us a helpful tip that next time we should ask for a different type of bread - presumably one that will make the meal appear larger than it was. So, a small portion of chips, no salad, and a half portion of sandwich, for $18.50. Mingara's greed on display once again.

Oh, and since the additional questions on this review page don't allow me to expand on my comments - Mingara does offer free WiFi, but a length of wet string between your phone or laptop and their server might provide a better result.

Mingara2261, Manager at The Roasted Berry, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hi Jeff S,
Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. The steak sandwich is one of our most popular items. Our steaks are laser cut for a consistent size and the steak sandwich comes with rocket and fresh tomato on the sandwich. We apologise that we have not met your expectations on this visit and thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We will ensure the feedback is passed to the team and the kitchen for future improvement and greater consistency.

We will look into the wifi and check in on it. We do have guests that utilise it quite regularly without issue. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

We would love to see you again in the future.