“Average wat cemetery in Ranchi”

Reviewed 2 May 2018

This is a christian war cemetery which has dead bodies of people died in 1942 world war. It is not really maintained and one may give it a miss

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This place is very well looked after . This cemetery was started in 1942 and used throughout the 2nd world war. The place was very quiet and very beautiful. We wouldn't even have known about this place if it hadn't been for a friend of ours who's a historian.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I stumbled upon this place by complete chance. I was staying at a hotel at the busy junction of Kathartoli. On my way to work, I spotted the sign and was immediately intrigued. I knew that the British had a significant presence in Ranchi during their rule in India. But a war cemetery!? So, very early the next morning, I walked over and found the keeper opening the gates. He actually stays there and is very welcoming of people as they come along.
It was as if I had entered an oasis of calm and peace. The old trees framed neat rows of gravestones around a giant cross. Its a small cemetery but just right for quiet contemplation. Each gravestone tells a story of a young man lost to war and the flower shrubs planted beside them show loving care and attention. The place is beautifully looked after by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.