Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews separate toilet ski holiday slopes residence balcony brunch end beer fridge shower
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We travelled to this residence in late August,right at the end of the usual French summer vacations. It was still very full but one could tell it was about to wind down. I beleve in fact it closes until ski season.
The residence is well located, only a few steps from the village center and restaurants. It is not far from the ski
Iift (which runs in summer to explore the summit), but I'm not sure it could function as a ski- in ski-out place.
The room was comfortable and quiet, with a nice view. Wifi in the room. Parking could be problematic.
There is a breakfast buffet.

Date of stay: August 2018
valfrejussv, Directeur at Hotel Soleil Vacances Valfrejus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the time you spent by giving your feed back further to your stay in my hotel.
For sure you came the last Week just before we close until December; so that maybe we didn't give you the right image and I do apologize for that.
We are a in/out ski place as the pists are just 100 meters from the hotel.

Thank you for youir very positive points.

Awaiting the great pleasure to welcome you again soon,

Yours faithfully

Françàois SIONNIERE

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. The hotel offers an all-inclusive formula and advertises with three stars.

In reality they could also have four stars. The rooms are nice, modern and clean (although I would not have made the choice for a deep carpet in a hotelroom. The food is actually very good and not what you would expect from 3 stars. Every day gives a different theme and different courses. There are healthy options if you want them.

You can drink wine and beer the whole day as well as water. During breakfast you can make a boxed lunch for yourself to take along.

The swimming pool and sauna are quite amall but that is not weird in a hotel this size.

The staff is very friendly.

There is one thing you need to remember and this could be something you irritate yourself about: The hotel is totally focussed on the French (or people who speak French). The staff only speaks very limited English and the entertainment (a daily quiz) does not even attemt to say “hello” to the non-French speaking guests. For us this was not an issue however.

The region also gives you a weekly pass with a lot of free activities (a climbing park, minigolf, a local swimmingpool, a free horse and carriage ride, etc. Everything however is in French. It looks like there is a lot to do in the environment but every leaflet is only available in French, the tourist office speaks limited English but they manage.

There are a lot of hiking routes around that are clearly marked (although it takes you a few days to understand the markings, there is nothing non-French that explains them.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
valfrejussv, Directeur at Hotel Soleil Vacances Valfrejus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Sir,
Allow me to thank you for the time you spent by giving your opinion further to your stay in my hotel.
I've well noticed your comments about the English language and be sure that I'll be very attentive about that.

Thank you very much for the four star you would give to the hotel.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome yçu again in a near future

Yours sincerely

Directeur

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Everything is fine for a 3 star hotel. Nice people, clean room. People are too friendly to be French. The only problem is the chef always puts fruits in the dishes, that’s...hmmm...special...The swimming pool is very small, don’t expect too much.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
valfrejussv, Directeur at Hotel Soleil Vacances Valfrejus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Client,

Many thanks for your very positive comments.
I have well noticed your comment about the cuisine; it is true that all depend of the taste; nevertheless I take note about that.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.

With my best regards

François SIONHNIERE
Directeur

Reviewed 17 April 2018

When we arrived, the check-in was perfectly prepared and it took us under 5 minutes to go to our room with a balcony and a superb view.
The restaurant offers a great brunch from 7am till 1pm. The huge variety offers something for everyone, even the most difficult table guests... If you want, you can make your lunch to take up to the mountain tops. The hotel offers packaging for what you want to have for lunch and even water bottles. We didn't use this service but it's great when being with a whole family and looking for something else then fries or spaghetti in the mountain restaurants... The dinner offers a wide variety as well. The staff in the restaurant is smiling and trained. They are at your service whenever you need them. A great feeling!
Rooms are refurbished and offer all needed options; fridge, quality satellite TV, balcony, bath and a very good shower, separate toilet, tasteful interior and a quiet atmosphere looking out on the great mountains and the cozy village.
The hotel is rated 3 stars but it deserves 4 knowing they also have an indoor pool and sauna.
The open bar is nice to spend a great evening with family and/or friends.
For families, it's a great choice as well.
For what concerns the village, it's smaller then most of the other stations in the alps but it's definitely much more cozy and welcoming. It offers 4 bars, several nice restaurants and also here, nothing but smiles from shop owners, restaurant and bar staff and villagers. Something which is rare at the end of a season. We didn't encounter one unfriendly person and that I find exceptional!!
I highly recommend Valfrejus, the hotel and the local businesses. It's worth the money and we definitely come back :-)

Room tip: Helpful and friendly staff, smooth and fast check-in, great views! It's a smaller resort but it offers enough possibilities for everyone.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
valfrejussv, Directeur at Hotel Soleil Vacances Valfrejus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Sir,
many thanks for your comments about my hotel and Valfrejus.
We hope to have the great pleasure to welcome yu again soon.
Best regards

GM

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Renovated hotel close to main ski lift .
Nice room and great staff ( thanks to Regis, Frank, Quentin, Audrey and Elisabeth)
To be honest the full board menu was not fantastic but overall we felt we got great value for money. Most drinks are included and the “brunch” works well especially as one can take away for a picnic on the slopes. Our Christmas meal was good and once more the staff were outstanding.
Thanks also to the director who was very attentive.
Would definitely return.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
valfrejussv, Directeur at Hotel Soleil Vacances Valfrejus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Many thanks for the time you spent by posting your comments further to your stay in my hotel.

I was a real pleasure to welcome you and my team and I are very happy to read that we met your expectatipns.

We hope to welcome you again very soon,

yours sincerely