See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The Ibis Budget hotel offers good value for money and is a recommended choice for a stopover when travelling by car through north-western France. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy, though narrow and the in-room shower is refreshingly good. The hotel is in a quiet location for a good night sleep and still close to the motorway. The breakfast for only 6 Euro (reference February 2018) is surprisingly comprehensive, offering more variety than what you would expect. The Ibis Hotel close by in Thionville offers a bit more comfort across the entire range of services, including dinner. However, the Ibis Budget in the same location is good choice at a lower cost. There are a few places for dinner close to the hotel with American cuisine of the fast food category. Since you may be on a stopover, for convenience sake an exception for a limited culinary experience while in France is just ok. Furthermore, if you are looking for a hotel for a stopover along the motorway in this area, then I recommend to stay in one of the Ibis hotels in Thionville and not at the Ibis Budget Luxembourg South, along the motorway. The hotel of the same chain just across the border about 15 minutes’ drive is a bit more expensive, reflecting the higher location cost in Luxembourg.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for one night. Yes, it's a budget hotel - but it should be properly cleaned! Dirty toilet and unsanitized shower. Also we found all sorts of "gifts" in our bed.
Another issue was the cleaning lady just bursted into our room at around 8:30, very rude.
Only good thing was 24 hour check in since we arrived quite late.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2017

the location is very good, the price/qlty rate is very good, it is very clean, at the receptiondesk is everybody very friendly, the room is very efficient so everything is very good except the bedsheets.
The bedsheets arn not from cotton but 100% synthetic which means it is extremely hot and it doesnt absorbe moist sso in the middle of the night i awake and cannot sleep again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

So yes, this is a budget hotel. And I expected nothing more than the basics...
I should have expected less. The rooms were very, very basic. Tiny beds, not even as big as a standard single. Extremely uncomfortable and poor pillows (I brought my own fortunately).
The TV had few channels and no sleep timer function. But the worst was the shower! We had a twin room, and the shower opened directly into the room via a glass door! So my friend had to sit looking the other way whilst I showered and vice-versa. Just generally very very budget. I would expect to pay less than I did. As you can pay what I did elsewhere for much nicer rooms.
Spend €5 more and get somewhere twice as nice.

The staff were pleasant however.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2017

At the price I paid I did not expect much , It was as I expected a basic hotel with a very clean room and lots of hot waterI would certainly stay again , its ideal for a quick overnight stay...but when you put it in your Satnav ...its Yutz..NOT Thionville

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo