Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This apartment has 5 bed rooms. it is good for family members who bring along friends and relatives.Walking distance to the theme park is only about 5 minutes. Remember to close all your windows it might be very cool at night. In the morning you can take nice photo of the skies.

Room tip: Choose the rooms that facing Genting theme park.
Date of stay: December 2012
21  Thank Mcfly2022
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Woah I'm surprised reading all the negative reviews on this apartment! Last weekend, I stayed at Kayangan for 2 nights and I think it was okay. I stayed at the first floor, there are 8 rooms and I think all the rooms were managed by the same person. (i'm not sure about the rest of the floor) So anyway, they have rooms with bathroom, and without bathroom (which is really weird cos you have to share bathroom with the other patrons) but I got the room with the private bathroom of course. It was the weekends and I got it for RM250/night. The indonesian lady taking care of the floor is really nice. The room is pretty huge - double queen sized bed. And it's only me and my boyfriend. But because we want the private bathroom, we had to take the big room. Heh. But the price is still reasonable for me. The bathroom is clean, I can assure you. But the water is not really hot. I had to make the water volume smaller so the water will be hotter, but it's not really a big deal for me. The only issue I have is that, there's a mouse running around at night! It bothers me a lot cos I hate mouse! Probably cos our room is at the 1st floor. So, do not bring any food in your room! If you had to, make sure you store it properly and don't leave it open. The smell of the food will attract the mouse. I placed my sausage bun at the bed side table and I freaked out when I heard and see the plastic bag moving, turned out it's just a mouse! HAHA. So overall the room is okay. You can't expect much though, but it's really not that bad. Oh and one more thing, the mini mart downstairs sells everything with the same price as KL. Awesome right?!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank velocitygirl1985
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Previously, my tour group from Genting decided to have a trip at Kayangan Apartment right after my stay at Ria Apartment. I didn't know that this place is as bad as Ria Apartment. My friends told me that this place has spooks and you can hear things at night. It looks bad from the outside but it is worse in the inside. We stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. On the first night, I agreed to cook for my friends while all of them headed for the theme park for a while. When I started to cook, I could hear somebody shouting HELP! outside the room. I went to check but there was nobody there. I turned on the television and started cooking again but I could still hear shoutings. Shortly, when my friends return, I told them what had happened. They didn't believe me but they started suspecting it too. The toilets are really smelly and the pillows have kecthup stains. We slept at 1:30 a.m. but one of my friend slept earlier. When we wanted to sleep he told us that he heard the shouting I was talking about. We all got scared and decided to move to Maxims Hotel the next day. We got really scared and all of us slept in the living room. We checked out with the reception and the reception shouted at us for checking out early. We said sorry but the guy didn't forgive us. I hope you would not stay in Kayangan Apartment or Ria Apartment because you will really regret it. Thank You. I do reviews mostly on Genting Hotels as I am a frequent visitor there. You can check me out at Fzat123.

Room tip: My opinion is to choose hotels closer to the theme park and not Kayangan or Ria owners.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
26  Thank Fzat123
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I am a regular contributor and would request you google and check out this place for spooks before listing it as tops. i stayed there 10 years ago and can confirm it is not a spooky place where you hear bumpy noises during the night.

If you check the nearby hotels they do not get this much unwarranted attention. I am not asking you to publish this but to take it off your site.

Date of stay: January 2007
17  Thank Highadventurer
Reviewed 1 November 2008

Knowing the 2 most popular apartment condominiums in Genting Highlands, and after reading online reviews for the Ria Apartments, I decided on Kayangan due to its plus points
+.1) Reasonable price
+.2) 4 twin rooms
+.3) Proximity to Genting Arena of Stars

What a wrong choice I made!!! Maintenance is of the barest minimum. It cannot be that the management of this property isn't making enough to upkeep the place. Genting Highlands is a VERY POPULAR hill retreat, so close to Kuala Lumpur, these apartments are well patronised.

The apartment was disgusting, we stayed in #5422.

1) The property is in 2 wings, but no indication at all in the lobby as to which wing your unit is in. We took the lift up to the 5th floor, only to find out it was the wrong wing. So backtrack to the other wing.

2) Locks on doors are so battered that a padlock hasp has been added on both sides of the main door.

3) Let's forget about the grungy carpets. That was the least of the problems.

4) Hole in the wall? Yes that's right. The sliding glass doors to the balcony was missing a panel, so a small card table was folded up to press against it. A meager attempt to keep the cold raging wind out.

5) No hot water. The storage water heaters are so antiquated, that its pipes must be totally calcified inside. Forget about a hot shower. We could only brave brushing our teeth and washing our eyes with the cold water. We would have frozen to death if we attempted more personal hygiene.

6) The apartment is so drafty due to ill-fitting windows and broken panes. We shivered all night in bed despite huddling together under 1 blanket.

7) My room had a "water-feature". Water was dripping from the ceiling through an electrical point.

... you make up your mind if you ever want to stay in this place.

Date of stay: October 2008