7,218 results
All reviewssurf and turfpillow menuport mariabutler servicelobsterjo danestar friendsocean frontlobby barroom servicebubble bathdinner reservationspool conciergejapanese restaurantour honeymoonmontego bayboogie nights
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I have stayed here about 5 times. Every time I go I have an issue with the chef in the buffet. Tuesday night 2/20/18 was the Italian theme in the buffet. I also noticed he put his bare hands into the parmesan cheese. I ordered fettuccini with just butter. He repeated to me "with just butter" I said yes, just butter. He then took another person's order, then another , then another, then another, until there was no one left and I am still standing there with the empty dish in my hand. If he had forgotten about me he would have noticed me still standing there and he would have asked me what I wanted. But he didn't, he ignored me. This tells me he intentionally didn't do my order. When I asked him where is my order, he acted as if he didn't know I ordered. I told him to forget it and walked back to my seat in the restaurant. He sent a cook helper to my table with an excuse that was a blatant lie and then he approached me with a different bullsh**t excuse which was another blatant lie so even though everything else (except for the cook in the outdoor café that reprimanded me for putting the thongs back into the wrong dish) was great, I have to give this hotel a very low rating for allowing this lunatic to remain in the kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Mike d
Iberostar H, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Guest:

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for staying with us once again, and for taking the time to tell us about how your vacation went.

We wholeheartedly appreciate your patronage, and it is saddening to hear about the unfortunate experience you had at the buffet with the cooks. Please accept our apologies for this; and we wish to advise you that our hotel always has our guests’ best interest and health at heart and would never partake in any activity that would compromise this.

We know that an apology does not fully get rid of the unacceptable experience you had, but we do hope that you will reconsider visiting us again so that we can remind you of the reason you have chosen to vacation with us over the years.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing week at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall.
The accommodations are first class. We had a room in building 5 on the 4th floor overlooking the ocean and pool area. The deck was speculated with a hanging swing and large couch. The room was spacious with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was also amazing with sinks at opposite ends of the room. A separate shower and jacuzzi tub.
The food was also outstanding. The Buffett was one of the best I have seen, both the Port Mario buffet and the buffet in the main building. We attended the Japanese, the Jamaican,the surf and turf and the Italian restaurants but really looked forward to the “ buffet nights”.
The entertainment was wonderful. A whole crew of staff spend their days entertaining guests with all sorts of activities during the day (volleyball, bocci ball, fitness, yoga, bingo, flip cup, salsa dancing, reggae dancing and much more) Vanessa, Laureen , peep peep, hashtag, thunder to name a few. These staff worked all day and were also part of the fantastic shows in the evening. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening show with the talented staff singing and dancing
We had a butler to take care of us - Duran, Andre and Sean took wonderful care of us. Maids come in twice daily and kept the room sparkling clean.
Some additional exceptional things I noticed. - There was a sunscreen “ bar” at the towel centre to ensure we were well protected from the sun, a selection of pool floaties for guest use and exceptional bar service with high end liquor. There was even a “pillow menu” so you could choose a pillow of your choice.
With all this, the one thing which stood out from the moment we arrived was the staff and the exceptional customer service they provide. Each and every staff we met welcomed us, talked to us like we were old friends and asked what they could do for us. I saw no exceptions - from the bartenders at the many bars, the restaurant staff, the concierge staff, the maid staff, butlers and entertainment staff. Everyone was truly committed to making every guest feel special. When we left we had several staff give us hugs and tell us they hoped we would return. I believe the key to an exceptional experience is service that the staff provide and this place excels in this area. Thank you for a great week!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Baileybailster
Iberostar H, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you for spending your recent vacation at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, and for taking the time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the room and amenities, food and drinks, daily and nightly entertainment and activities, and especially the excellent service provided by our staff. We will ensure to tell them of your compliments.

We would love to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I will keep my review short as I really can’t add anything that “McMarshal” has already said in the February 16 2018 review below...

We were a large group of 14 that stayed at the Iberostar Grand from January 28 a February 4 2018. We had a wonderful time at the resort...the staff at the resort is really what is the most impressive.

We advance booked the a la carte restaurants via email the week before arriving and we thought with our large group it would be challenging to get reservations...as it turned out we had dinner for 14 set up in a long table every evening at 7:00....which was what we requested. It was a lot of work for the staff to accommodate our request and we very much appreciated it!

Once again the great staff at the resort is what impressed us the most! Shout out to Dimples...hope you had a wonderful birthday!

We will definitely be back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve H
Iberostar H, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at our hotel, and for taking the time to leave your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is fantastic to hear that you had a wonderful time thanks to the impeccable service of our staff, especially Dimples, and the amazing food and drinks.

It would be our pleasure to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We made the decision to try this resort based on all the positive reviews, but we were disappointed. Many of the positive reports about staff and service are true, and we agree with all other reviewers singing their praises but there are a few other things travellers should be aware of:

The food is generally good but not consistently so. Each time we tried the outdoor BBQ the burgers were burnt to a crisp and inedible. We went to the Japanese restaurant twice, ordered the same thing both times, the first time the food was amazing, the second time it was a pile of greasy slop. There are no al la carte restaurant options for either breakfast or lunch, your only choice is buffet. On numerous occasions I witnessed unhygienic food landing by staff at the buffet restaurant, bare hands were put directly on the food and even into food bowls. I could not believe my eyes when the chef at the pasta station put his bare hands into the Parmesan cheese. DISGUSTING!!

The butlers were nice people but didn’t really do anything, and we did not find that butler service adds any value at this resort (butler service at other resorts made a much better impression).

When we arrived we were not able to adjust the temperature in our room, it was freezing, and it took 3 days before it was fixed.

As mentioned by many other reviewers there was a terrible musty smell in the corridors. It is from the carpet, and they really should replace the carpets with tiles.

There is more nightly entertainment at this resort than at many others that we have been to. There is a lot of choice but unfortunately it is all really bad. Very amateurish.

The pools and beach were gorgeous, and all suites come with a large balcony, a big plus.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mags329

Dear Guest:

Firstly, we would like to thank you for staying with us on you recent visit to Jamaica, and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are very disappointed to learn that you did not feel that your vacation was the best due to the issues you pointed out. We apologize for the areas our service was subpar, which ultimately caused your inconvenience. Your comments have been relayed to the relevant authorities for immediate improvement where possible.

As it relates to food preparations, the standard protocol is that the chefs and cooks wash their hands, dry and sanitize them, then put them in gloves that are removed from a sealed package and prepare the food. Due to easy contamination, once the food is prepared, the gloves are properly disposed of then the chefs repeat the cleansing procedure. We take hygiene very seriously and would in no way compromise our guests’ well-being.

Despite the issues you pointed out, it is good to hear that you appreciated the lovely beach, room, pools, and wonderful service provided by our staff.

IT is our sincere hope that you will reconsider visiting us again in the near future so that we can prove to you our dedication to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this resort, location, food but most importantly their people were amazing. From the time we arrived to the moment we left their service were outstanding. Top notch licor and delicious food. Every day I found something special in our room, fruits, chocolates or our favorite drink. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Monanbu

Dear Guest:

Thank you for recently choosing our hotel as your vacation destination, and for taking the time to post your feedback.

When our guests are happy, we are happy. It is good to know that you enjoyed your entire stay, especially the food and drinks, location, and impeccable customer service form our staff.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we look forward to your return soon.